Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Bookmakers Special Offers:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
    Soz if someone has already posted but i see WH have changed the game with the epic boost. Just used mine on Caldwell
    potter for the BANC and it was only boosted to 24/1 from 16/1.Tight Bastards!
    It did that for a time last year as well, i remember boosting gerri colombe from 8/1 to 12/1 but it did go back to double odds again, probably won't this time though !

Comment

• From 4th April B365 credits will have a 7 day expiry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantic Viking View Post
        From 4th April B365 credits will have a 7 day expiry.
        Motherf**ker

Obviously, not you AV

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantic Viking View Post
          From 4th April B365 credits will have a 7 day expiry.
          That's a pisser, i like to save them all up til I've got a decent amount and put them on the festival, i presume a fair few others do the same.

Comment

• ….free £2 footy acca or bet builder this weekend with BFSB.

Comment

• Galvin at 13/8 top 10 looks interesting
              The trip is not really a worry given he's a NH Chase winner

27 runs over obstacles, 1x fall and 1x unseat is not bad...

I suppose it's not a market to get too carried away with but it's an interesting price

4/7 for Top 20 feels like backing him just to jump around which is fair?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Galvin at 13/8 top 10 looks interesting
                The trip is not really a worry given he's a NH Chase winner

27 runs over obstacles, 1x fall and 1x unseat is not bad...

I suppose it's not a market to get too carried away with but it's an interesting price

Can you double those up with other picks or are they standalone specials?
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Pretty sure some bookmakers used to offer this exact market on every runner, I could be wrong, seem to remember in shop you could add these in multiples too.
                  I don't think he'd be far off 4/7 to finish to be fair, no consideration will be given to the horse or their ability, the price offered will be driven entirely by their odds on the day...

Comment

• Seems to me that, if it's soft ground or worse, you're probably not going to get more than about a dozen finishers. Purely on numbers, it would be odds against any named horse finishing.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                      Seems to me that, if it's soft ground or worse, you're probably not going to get more than about a dozen finishers. Purely on numbers, it would be odds against any named horse finishing.
                      And that's why until we really have a handle on the going, these type of bets should come with a warning. I'm getting increasingly concerned we are heading towards a soft/heavy National and that means fewer finishers and you can plainly forget any horse carrying over 11st.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Pretty sure some bookmakers used to offer this exact market on every runner, I could be wrong, seem to remember in shop you could add these in multiples too.
                        I don't think he'd be far off 4/7 to finish to be fair, no consideration will be given to the horse or their ability, the price offered will be driven entirely by their odds on the day...
                        They did.

I remember me and my dad both saying that we thought synchronised was a good bet to not get around after he won the gold cup but then stating we'd never back it because of the potential implications. Despite not backing it, we were both devastated when we found out he hadn't made it back just because we'd had the conversation...

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Rugby View Post

And that's why until we really have a handle on the going, these type of bets should come with a warning. I'm getting increasingly concerned we are heading towards a soft/heavy National and that means fewer finishers and you can plainly forget any horse carrying over 11st.

….i’m about 3 or 4 miles away and the water table is high, gardens and parks are sodden. Been a bit of rain about today. Aintree is lush racing ground, the footy pitch that once stood in the middle always took a stud, even in the driest spells. Still a few weeks to go, it’ll need a spell of proper Spring weather to change things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

….i’m about 3 or 4 miles away and the water table is high, gardens and parks are sodden. Been a bit of rain about today. Aintree is lush racing ground, the footy pitch that once stood in the middle always took a stud, even in the driest spells. Still a few weeks to go, it’ll need a spell of proper Spring weather to change things.
                            Thanks Eggs. Would really appreciate you updating us over the next 2-3 weeks on the weather. Of course a week/10 days of mostly dry weather could turn it but as with Cheltenham, this high water table just means a little more rain and the ground is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Rugby View Post

Thanks Eggs. Would really appreciate you updating us over the next 2-3 weeks on the weather. Of course a week/10 days of mostly dry weather could turn it but as with Cheltenham, this high water table just means a little more rain and the ground is terrible.
                              ….more than happy to do so. I think there’s a few scousers on here and happy to provide daily updates, maybe in the General Chat thread.

Comment

• Can chat all year round on here

Comment

Working...
                                X