Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another to maybe add to the mullins stayers options could be five o’clock.

Noted the points about pipe horses not going to the stayers the following year but he ticks a few other boxes.

He ran a pretty good race in the mp and if I remember rightly was well backed on the day. He was badly hampered too during the race and ran on well only beaten 4 and a bit lengths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
      Another to maybe add to the mullins stayers options could be five o’clock.

Noted the points about pipe horses not going to the stayers the following year but he ticks a few other boxes.

He ran a pretty good race in the mp and if I remember rightly was well backed on the day. He was badly hampered too during the race and ran on well only beaten 4 and a bit lengths.
      Completely agree with Five O'clock, he stayed on well from the back in the Pipe.

He is definitely a Stayer, will be 6yo next March, the only reason I didnt mention him in Willie's list is that he usnt in the Stayers betting currently.

If someone gets him added, then he defo goes on the Willie list of potential runners.
      His Stable Tour will reveal a lot.
      Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 12 August 2020, 08:58 PM.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
        Completely agree with Five O'clock, he stayed on well from the back in the Pipe.

I
        He is definitely a Stayer, will be 6yo next March, the only reason I didnt mention him in Willie's list is that he usnt in the Stayers betting currently.

If someone gets him added, then he defo goes on the Willie list of potential runners.
        His Stable Tour will reveal a lot.
        Yip I’ve been waiting for the same to be honest, janidil, lord royal and francin priced on paddy p but not 365. Five O’Clock on neither.

Given the above mullins runners are 50/1+ I’d want similar for him and would back at that price with cash out.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
          It's a fine piece of work but I'd also be wary of Column Of Fire as a stats based qualifier. For the same reason, I'd hold back with Goshen and Captain Guinness with their future targets. If you don't complete a race, any stat immediately becomes subjective and therefore an opinion rather than a stat.

Janidil looks TWAR material. As well as the chasing options, his current handicap mark makes him a less likely runner here than, say, Sire Du Berlais so the Pertemps comes in to play as well.
          But isn’t it true to say Mullins stable is much more focussed on the championship races than the handicaps at the Festival. If he thinks Janidil has a chance of winning the Stayers wouldn’t he be inclined to pass up the Pertemps.

Then again maybe JP would have other ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
            Another to maybe add to the mullins stayers options could be five o’clock.

I’d be careful backing Five O’Clock for this race outright as I wrote a piece in my diary for him for the RSA. Comments last season were that he’s a chaser for the future so I’d be inclined to think fences will be his discipline.

Comment

• Brilliant work, great stats but......I'm sorry to say........the Mullins horse that fits the profile best is......... Monkfish. Mullins knows it, Corals/Ladbrokes know it (just 12/1 with
              them) I know it and now you all know it. 33/1 cashout with Paddies. I won't bring this to your attention again. Just bloody back him just in case !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                Brilliant work, great stats but......I'm sorry to say........the Mullins horse that fits the profile best is......... Monkfish. Mullins knows it, Corals/Ladbrokes know it (just 12/1 with
                them) I know it and now you all know it. 33/1 cashout with Paddies. I won't bring this to your attention again. Just bloody back him just in case !!
                Absolutely Lobos, I left him out because of the trainer comments about chasing.
                If he came here then he is a key contender.

Comment

• Brilliant work, great stats but......I'm sorry to say........the Mullins horse that fits the profile best is......... Monkfish. Mullins knows it, Corals/Ladbrokes know it (just 12/1 with

Comment

• Sorry, needed to put it in here twice just in case anyone missed it !!

Comment

• The cashout will get suspended if they declare he's going chasing?

Comment

• 'He is a big huge horse, but if he has to come back and win a Stayers we won't complain either'. Mr Mullins after Monkfish's Albert win. Chasing is still favourite but......

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          The cashout will get suspended if they declare he's going chasing?
                          Is 33/1 worth the risk though ? You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Comment

Is 33/1 worth the risk though ? You pays your money and you takes your choice.
                            Added under Mullins horses in my work, the shortlist of those said to be going chasing incl Monkfish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                              Added under Mullins horses in my work, the shortlist of those said to be going chasing incl Monkfish.
                              Chasing looks more likely but 33/1 is a tidy price to fall back on. I managed to get a fair bit on at 10/1 TWAR early doors but I'm having some of the 33/1 as well as the Stayers is the only race for him over hurdles should they take that route .

Comment

Brilliant work, great stats but......I'm sorry to say........the Mullins horse that fits the profile best is......... Monkfish. Mullins knows it, Corals/Ladbrokes know it (just 12/1 with
                                Maybe i have picked you up wrong in the past, but others have highlighted (imo) better horses and realistically thier targets for races, but you have shot them down with TWAR is the value, and fail to see thier reasoning for backing something similar. Cant think off top of my head of any at the minute, and I know there is no value in Monkfish TWAR (IMO) so not relevant in that aspect, and maybe im going off on a tangent and losing my point, but what makes you strongly beleive this is value and not the ones that people have pointed out to you and others in the past?

Ps this isn't having a go at you, I'm just intrigued with your logic on this one...

Comment

Working...
                                X