Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph o brien has alluded to forged in fire being one for staying novice hurdles..33/1 for the albert bartlett

Comment

• Just caught up with the Nicky Henderson tour vids. He is very keen on Flinteur Sacre isn't he. Positively drooling. Looks very likely he'll be his Supreme horse to.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        Couple of interesting runners out tomorrow, Fulgurix (think this someones horse to follow from the stable), who has come over from France, and also Get In The Queue, who is now under new ownership after leaving the Rooney's.
        Really looking forward to seeing Get In The Queue. Considering backing him (with cash out) before he runs tomorrow. I'm thinking Ballymore considering Fry's comments in his stable tour...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
          Joseph o brien has alluded to forged in fire being one for staying novice hurdles..33/1 for the albert bartlett
          Looks a stayer indeed even though he beat Ferny Hollow. I’m still in camp Farouk for the AB though but Forged In Fire could take high rank.

Comment

• Backed Ballyadam for Supreme today 2pts @ 16/1 and F d'Alene 1pt @ 40/1 for Albert. Needed to get those in the book so happy now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
              Joseph o brien has alluded to forged in fire being one for staying novice hurdles..33/1 for the albert bartlett
              Backed FIF for the Ballymore. Can't see Gigginstown chucking every single one of their decent novice hurdlers at the Bartlett, and as Farouk is taking part in a key trial tomorrow for that race I think FIF may be the one for the Ballymore. Of course, this could change, and the one that could force that to happen, IMO, is Eric Bloodaxe.

Comment

• Originally posted by isitmarchyet View Post

Really looking forward to seeing Get In The Queue. Considering backing him (with cash out) before he runs tomorrow. I'm thinking Ballymore considering Fry's comments in his stable tour...
                Yeah, I backed him any race yesterday. Couldn't decide which route he would take.

Comment

Backed FIF for the Ballymore. Can't see Gigginstown chucking every single one of their decent novice hurdlers at the Bartlett, and as Farouk is taking part in a key trial tomorrow for that race I think FIF may be the one for the Ballymore. Of course, this could change, and the one that could force that to happen, IMO, is Eric Bloodaxe.
                  Yeah thats a good point..but if you have more of a stayer then thats that..they wont just split them up for splitting up sake

Comment

• Loads of blue for F d'Alene For the AB. A few places it’s 40/1 to 25/1 in advance of it running 2m6f tomorrow.

Comment

We tend to disagree on the Giggy horses but I can’t see Forged In Fire having the legs for the Ballymore. He had to grind out that win against Ferny Hollow and was under the pump a long way out. He looks an out and out galloper and there are too many horses with more boot that him who are likely to be going for the Ballymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

We tend to disagree on the Giggy horses but I can’t see Forged In Fire having the legs for the Ballymore. He had to grind out that win against Ferny Hollow and was under the pump a long way out. He looks an out and out galloper and there are too many horses with more boot that him who are likely to be going for the Ballymore.
                        You may well be right, will be interesting to see where he starts.

I will say this though, Ferny Hollow had a run under his belt before they met, that was FIF's debut under rules. Ferny Hollow clearly isn't slow, given his Champion Bumper win, and therefore I don't see how FIF can lack boot, after that one run.

Comment

You may well be right, will be interesting to see where he starts.

I will say this though, Ferny Hollow had a run under his belt before they met, that was FIF's debut under rules. Ferny Hollow clearly isn't slow, given his Champion Bumper win, and therefore I don't see how FIF can lack boot, after that one run.
                          They were still learning with Ferny at that point and he kept ducking winning despite travelling best in his first two bumpers. Once they got the tactics right, Ferny was a different horse and I’d have him down to reverse that form with Forged In Fire nine times out of ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

They were still learning with Ferny at that point and he kept ducking winning despite travelling best in his first two bumpers. Once they got the tactics right, Ferny was a different horse and I’d have him down to reverse that form with Forged In Fire nine times out of ten.
                            Yeah, I mean, I'm not completely discounting what you are saying, but until I see different that was how I saw that race run. I'll look for entries, which should give us more of an idea.

Comment

Yeah, I mean, I'm not completely discounting what you are saying, but until I see different that was how I saw that race run. I'll look for entries, which should give us more of an idea.
                              Entries should be coming soon from JOB as he seemed to be hinting at early November for his

Comment

• This is just potentially rambling, but is there ever a season where a Gigginstown 'future chaser' isn't well fancied for the Albert Bartlett?

How many of them have actually won?

In the last 10 years, only 1 win - 4 places for the owners - which isn't bad.

If I went back another year it is 2 wins

I'll always, always try and find the owners "most likely" but this race is fooking hard ante post

Comment

Working...
                                X