Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting this morning - now joint fav.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonjers View Post
      Drifting this morning - now joint fav.
      Opened up 5/2 with 365 last night, wouldn't worry about it now drifting, still plenty ahead its opening price.

Comment

• That will be a no go with Your Darling, and I subsequently cashed out for stakes back.

Certainly not quick enough for the Supreme, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          That will be a no go with Your Darling, and I subsequently cashed out for stakes back.

Looked keen to me... didn’t jump well either.

I think that’s my Ballymore hope ruled out in October

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post
            Looked keen to me... didn’t jump well either.

I think that’s my Ballymore hope ruled out in October
            The only potential bit of hope is that the same trainer had Willoughby Court beat first time over hurdles, by around the same distance, so it will be interesting to see what Your Darlings next entry will be. He's still in my tracker, and now out to 66/1 for the Ballymore with cash out, so that may be of interest nearer the time.

Comment

That will be a no go with Your Darling, and I subsequently cashed out for stakes back.

Hard to take too many positives from that run, wouldn’t expect a top horse to get beaten in that manor by what I presume is an average horse. Can only hope up in trip and with a run under his belt we’ll see a better horse next time. I would be worried about how he settles though and with going up in trip that’s hardly a positive.

Would cash out if i could, but there doubles with 365, and despite the first leg having won there way under my stake back.

Comment

• Paddy slow to react. Cashed for stake back

Comment

• Best Mate must have been a poor horse.....lol !

Comment

• Well that was disappointing wasnt it. Had been looking forward to seeing Your Darling run. He's a big old horse though isn't he? Could he just take a race or two to get 'right'?
                    CoD makes a valid point about Willoughby Court.

Appreciate that run doesn't in anyway scream Ballymore and I wont be backing him yet but not 100% giving up on him either.

Comment

• Connecting Your Darling being beat to Willoughby Court suffering the same fate is at best pointless

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        Connecting Your Darling being beat to Willoughby Court suffering the same fate is at best pointless

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          Connecting Your Darling being beat to Willoughby Court suffering the same fate is at best pointless
                          Trainers are typically creatures of habit. A horse not being ready first time up would be of no surprise. It happens on a daily basis. And those trainers who have a record of it are noted.

It is the only tiny bit of hope I could offer to those who are unable to cash out. I cashed out until his next entry, and would advise much the same if asked, but I'm not an advice service, that is for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            2009 - Mikael D'Hag - 2x wins over 2m, was unbeaten over hurdles.
                            2010 - Peddlers Cross - 3x wins over 2m, was also unbeaten, first go at intermediate trip was the Neptune.
                            2011 - First Lieutenant - 1x (G1) win over 2m, beaten his other attempt (his maiden) and also 1 win 1 defeat intermediate trip
                            2012 - Simonsig - didn't run at less than 2m2f - unbeaten.
                            2013 - The New One - didn't run at less than 2m2f.
                            2014 - Faugheen - again, didn't run at less than 2m2f - unbeaten
                            2015 - Windsor Park - as above, didn't run at less than 2m2f.
                            2016 - Yorkhill - 1x win (G1) win at 2m - unbeaten
                            2017 - Willoughby Court - didn't run at less than 2m2f
                            2018 - Samcro - 2x wins at 2m (inc G1) - unbeaten
                            2019 - City Island - 1x win at 2m - unbeaten
                            2020 - Envoi Allen - 2x win at 2m (inc G1) - unbeaten

Only 1 horse in the last 12 years (couldn't be arsed going back further) has been beaten at 2m before going on to win the Ballymore, and that was in a maiden hurdle.

So my gut instinct feels right, if he gets beat tomorrow, I don't want him onside for the Ballymore anyway

Comment

• Eskylane runs tomorrow over 2m at Punchestown, which has given the bookmakers an excuse to cut him for the Supreme

Personally I don't see it myself. I think he'll be seen to better effect over further.

Comment

Eskylane runs tomorrow over 2m at Punchestown, which has given the bookmakers an excuse to cut him for the Supreme

Personally I don't see it myself. I think he'll be seen to better effect over further.
                                Flemensfirth is one of the greatest NH sires but his progeny do not win Supremes.

Comment

Working...
                                X