Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ballyfitz View Post

Might be a good candidate for a “win today and any race” bet at a decent price

.....as put up by fatherjohn, Hills offer:

1st 3 & 1st 3 Ballymore 9/2
    win & a/r 40-1
    win & Ballymore 50-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post
      The talks from Willie about keeping GDM & AI apart speaks volumes to me in the fact that they’re his two main darts
      Yeah definitely was interesting.

I think anything that ran well he would have been saying keeping apart from Appreciate It anyway, fairly clear he's the main novice without Ferny and he always loves to have a main dart in the Supreme to get up and running over the years

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post

Yeah definitely was interesting.

I think anything that ran well he would have been saying keeping apart from Appreciate It anyway, fairly clear he's the main novice without Ferny and he always loves to have a main dart in the Supreme to get up and running over the years
        the only thing I find really odd. The Mullins camp have been saying “AI will make a great Staying chased” blah blah blah. I don’t understand why he’s going for the supreme if they think that. That’s not a natural progression surely?! Supreme to RSA?

I really love the horse, BUT I don’t think he will be the fastest horse in the Supreme and I think something might beat him for speed

Comment

• It seems to me he likes to send one to the supreme to go out make the running and run them into the ground, which appreciate could do

Comment

the only thing I find really odd. The Mullins camp have been saying “AI will make a great Staying chased” blah blah blah. I don’t understand why he’s going for the supreme if they think that. That’s not a natural progression surely?! Supreme to RSA?

I really love the horse, BUT I don’t think he will be the fastest horse in the Supreme and I think something might beat him for speed
            Bit like Vautour suppose, Supreme to KG

The 'You need a stayer to win the Supreme' boys will be out

I was convinced he would step, but sounds like he surprised even them in the Future Champions . Few months of Willie Bingo to go yet, might face something different at Lep that could change their minds again.

Comment

Shaneshill just failed to win the RSA, after running and finishing 2nd (behind Douvan) in the Supreme the season before.

It isn't the 'obvious' route, but it certainly can be done with the right horse, IMO.

Comment

• Seems to have been a big move on gaillard du mesnil for the Ballymore, now best available 12s and even short as 9s in places.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post
                  Seems to have been a big move on gaillard du mesnil for the Ballymore, now best available 12s and even short as 9s in places.
                  As mentioned few posts back Few shrewd tipsters put it up. #3607 and #3609

Comment

The talks from Willie about keeping GDM & AI apart speaks volumes to me in the fact that they’re his two main darts
                    Absolutely. This is my thinking as well. IMO we won't get any more Grade 1 Novice Hurdlers coming out of Mullins cupboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Absolutely. This is my thinking as well. IMO we won't get any more Grade 1 Novice Hurdlers coming out of Mullins cupboard.
                      Well considering GDM has only won a maiden and so had Blue Lord. Who knows which is the G1. Just because Mr Mullins muses about one horse, doesn't sew him up as the sure thing G1 animal!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Asterion Forlonge made his hurdles debut in last year's Naas maiden hurdle that has it's equivalent this coming Sunday. You'd probably want them out fairly soon but I wouldn't be as definite as Lobos.
                        Last edited by archie; 6 January 2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

I have to agree with this. I do potentially see two flies in the ointment, though one we haven't seen since his debut, in Boothill, due to a niggly leg injury, so maybe he might just bypass the festival anyway, and the other is Cape Gentleman, though you'd suspect Henry will know roughly where he stands with this one as he beat another of his (Petibonome) LTO.
                          Sure the quotes on Boothill were he may go for the Sydney Banks, which I’m hoping he’s recovered from the small knock and takes the race.

Metier looks to be his Supreme runner then surely he splits them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post

Asterion Forlonge made his hurdles debut in last year's Naas maiden hurdle that has it's equivalent this coming Sunday. You'd probably want them out fairly soon but I wouldn't be as definite as Lobos.
                            The latest I can think of would be Melon, 29th Jan, so correct not to be definite, as although he didn't win, he's proven he's Grade 1 class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post

Sure the quotes on Boothill were he may go for the Sydney Banks, which I’m hoping he’s recovered from the small knock and takes the race.

Metier looks to be his Supreme runner then surely he splits them up.
                              I sure hope so Craigy

Comment

• Thread will remain open for reference but individual race threads now up...

Comment

Working...
                                X