Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    How many of his best ones does Tizzard bring to Cheltenham as a novice chaser?

In the past couple of years..

Copperhead and Reserve Tank - no.
    Lostintranslation and Slate House - yes.

50%

We’re see what happens but it’s just something extra to think about
    Hes trained by Hobbs, but even if it was Tizzard I was just inquiring if you had heard any reason why he might not run there. He was kept to right handed tracks prior to festival so it was more on those lines, wondered if I had missed a comment about a preference for going that way. Otherwise I see no reason why they wouldnt take one of the opportunities to run at Chelt prior to the festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
      Hes trained by Hobbs, but even if it was Tizzard I was just inquiring if you had heard any reason why he might not run there. He was kept to right handed tracks prior to festival so it was more on those lines, wondered if I had missed a comment about a preference for going that way. Otherwise I see no reason why they wouldnt take one of the opportunities to run at Chelt prior to the festival.
      My apologies. I’ve frankly had a mare.

Comment

• Middle of March, no ones perfect pal, we all do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Yes.
          Yes.
          Yes.

I think the available today 5/1 for the Champion Hurdle is an absolutely awful price as well.

Happy to debate that with anyone

i would want 16s or more to look at Goshen....prob 20s

He has a stone to find with Epatante and 5-years don't tend to improve that much often......plus Epatante could easily improve further

Too early to take 4s....but i will use Epatante for doubles nearer time......biased as i have banged on about her for months, but looks proper CH winner to me
          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
            i would want 16s or more to look at Goshen....prob 20s

He has a stone to find with Epatante and 5-years don't tend to improve that much often......plus Epatante could easily improve further

Too early to take 4s....but i will use Epatante for doubles nearer time......biased as i have banged on about her for months, but looks proper CH winner to me
            Absolutely fucking rubbish price @5-1 - I agree that 16's would be about right.
            This price is definitely influenced by the unlucky fall and punters wishing their returns back, so have backed it for the Champion accordingly.
            It was looking very good and was certain to win (but we can't be sure by how far)
            Sadly the form of the juveniles at graded level is scant because the season has been curtailed.

He's Seriously up against it to win a Champion hurdle at 5, but will likely hang around like a bad smell for anyone who's not backed him as long as Pentland Hills & Fusil Raffles did last year.

The good thing for backers is that I'd imagine Moore will run him in more exciting races in the lead up and we'll see how he compares against his elders (hope so anyway).

Comment

• I actually like Goshen’s price for two reasons: 1) it means there is absolutely zero chance of me getting involved so blissfully removes any quandary in my mind which I have about plenty of horses and 2) It will help maintain some value elsewhere in the market, I’m with Kev all the way on Saint Roi at 25s

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                I actually like Goshen’s price for two reasons: 1) it means there is absolutely zero chance of me getting involved so blissfully removes any quandary in my mind which I have about plenty of horses and 2) It will help maintain some value elsewhere in the market, I’m with Kev all the way on Saint Roi at 25s
                Agreed
                If not already on it helps create potential value elsewhere for sure.
                When you started by saying you liked his price I was thinking you were going down a different road.
                👍🏿

Comment

• Wow
                  Can use other emojis now
                  My favourite one

Edit
                  Bugger - obviously not all of them
                  ��

Comment

• Yeah I can see me pressing the 25s Saldier before too long....

Comment

• Yeah I’m keen on Saldier as well at the price, just the nagging doubt of him being fragile.

Certainly has plenty of ability which has been evident on the runs we have seen.

Comment

• Only 6 now 7 come the festival I’ve backed saldier already I think klassical dream will go chasing

Comment

• Aye he’s still plenty time on his hands.

Just not ideal missing last 2 festivals.

Will probably follow you in soon.

Comment

• Bonjers, I don't think your to wide of the mark with Saint Roi @ 25/1. Mullins thought he was good enough for Supreme but he was thrown into the County so the easier option was taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              Bonjers, I don't think your to wide of the mark with Saint Roi @ 25/1. Mullins thought he was good enough for Supreme but he was thrown into the County so the easier option was taken.
                              Where do we think Saint Roi would have finished in the Supreme if he had taken his chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                Where do we think Saint Roi would have finished in the Supreme if he had taken his chance?
                                His RPR would have put him in third and I'd go along with that.

Of the Mullins horses I'd prefer to chance Saldier and it's only his fragility that has stopped me from backing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X