Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Yeah thinking that myself really. I just don't think they'll cut it before I/we find out?

Then again, they might...and then I'd be very annoyed.

Percentage call is to cash out isn't it for 100%.

April is too early to be backing horses with a big doubt now isn't it.
    Personally wouldn’t want to take the chance. 365 were definitely more on the ball last year and I’d be less inclined to chance it, plus removes the anxiety. The way I look at it is based on the the comments so far I reckon it’s around 50:50 he goes hurdles or chasing. That means the 25/1 I am sitting on is really 12.5/1 and as such is no value despite his price now being cut to 20s. Will look to cash out later this evening unless the good people on this forum can persuade me otherwise

Comment

• Bet365 already took away the cash out for my bet on Captain Guinness

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post
        Bet365 already took away the cash out for my bet on Captain Guinness

Oh dear.

That's worrying!

What do we think......

1. Coincedence?
        2. They're using my account as a guide?
        3. Bookies lurking on FJ?
        4. Lurkers cashing out and highlighting it to bookies?
        5. Not a universal issue

Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 April 2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• I have just looked at my 365 account and all Cap G cashouts are still available. I had 2 points e/w at 25/1 which I’ve left on and 1pt e/w at 20/1 which I’ve cashed out and replaced with 56/1 boosted champion hurdle with Hills. I will leave the horse alone until I hear otherwise. Thanks to Might Bite for the early heads up. Appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
            I have just looked at my 365 account and all Cap G cashouts are still available. I had 2 points e/w at 25/1 which I’ve left on and 1pt e/w at 20/1 which I’ve cashed out and replaced with 56/1 boosted champion hurdle with Hills. I will leave the horse alone until I hear otherwise. Thanks to Might Bite for the early heads up. Appreciate it.
            Just you then Joleg.
            My commiserations, they’ll do everyone in the end, start looking for alternative accs...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Oh dear.

That's worrying!

What do we think......

1. Coincedence?
              2. They're using my account as a guide?
              3. Bookies lurking on FJ?
              4. Lurkers cashing out and highlighting it to bookies?
              5. Not a universal issue

I have to admit I opened my 365 looked at it for about a minute.....thought nah surely not....then cashed out.

What a weird antepost this is going to be!

Edit - I’ve only done a proper antepost last year but I have to say feels like I joined the party too late, I do feel for a lot of folk on here the state we have to play in antepost now.

No racing and horses being clipped left right and centre. Then you are stuck do you back on the thought of missing the price or leave it and it undoubtedly gets clipped again before jumping an obstacle
              Last edited by Craigy14; 28 April 2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Re - Captain Guiness.

Whilst Andrew is a nice lad and Racing enthusiast, I've never got the impression he has any inside word for any stables plans never mind Henry's stable or owner.
                It's likely just a punt and educated guess. The comments are typical of his vocabulary and likely just banter vs substantiated rumour.
                Any firm decisions for most horses in training with a decision to make (hurdles or fences) are likely to be left for a while yet.
                Common sense tells you that.

I'd say that if the horse is fit we'll see it either over hurdles or fences or the Flat ?

Comment

• You may well be right Q but the way he talked about it was to my mind inferring he had heard something. We’ll find out at some point of course and I won’t hold it against him if he was talking crap. I didn’t think 25s was outstanding value anyway, much prefer the 50s on Elixir. I’ve cashed no issues

Comment

• Nicholls has confirmed Solo to stay over hurdles then go chasing this time next year on ATR (as one or two have rightly pointed out)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                      Nicholls has confirmed Solo to stay over hurdles then go chasing this time next year on ATR (as one or two have rightly pointed out)
                      I’m not convinced Solo is a Cheltenham horse, like many of the Nicholls/De La Hey horses they tend to prefer and perform better at right handed flatter tracks. I have my doubts over Pic d’Orhy at Cheltenham too but after missing out on him in the Betfair hurdle I don’t want to miss him win at Cheltenham but don’t think he’s suited. Both Solo & Pic disappointed in the Triumph and had avoided Cheltenham racecourse before and afterwards.

Comment

• I wouldn't make it likely that Solo is targetted at the Champion Hurdle - given that the owner/trainer combo had Pic D'Orhy in an open looking year and didn't supplement him. Of course he is more likely to just have an entry just in case, but the Christmas Hurdle at Kempton is surely one with a big red ring around it?

Performed very well in the Adonis at the same track, looks a logical big race target to me. Of course if he did win that he'd be sure to go for the CH. Epatante likely to be the favourite for the Christmas Hurdle too, where she was impressive too. She's a good example of giving a horse a pass for one bad run at a track too... certainly not black and white.

Comment

• Leading dual-purpose trainer Gary Moore is to take a cautious approach when racing resumes, which could see few runners from his yard competing at... Read More

Many people's Champion Hurdle hope....

Ebor aim for juvenile hurdling ace Goshen

The £1 million Sky Bet Ebor is a potential target for Moore's stable star Goshen, who is to try and exploit of an attractive Flat handicap mark of 88.

Goshen enjoyed a sensational campaign over hurdles last season, which culminated in an infamous final-flight unseat when leading the Triumph Hurdle by a wide margin. His mark of 158 over hurdles has left his trainer eyeing some big handicap prizes on the Flat.

Moore said: "We're hoping to get him back whenever the Flat gets going. The Ebor is one of his targets but at the moment he won't get in. It's all ground dependent but it's certainly something we're looking at if we can get a run into him before and he went up in the handicap

Comment

• Not really a FLAT FELLA, but i've heard a mark of ~105 is bottom weight in an Ebor. Would that take at least 2 runs to achieve an increase of 17lbs on the flat?

What do people realistically think of his chances in something like and Ebor?

Comment

• I think he'd have a great chance if they can get him to a rating of 105, that'll be tricky though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                                Re - Captain Guiness.

Whilst Andrew is a nice lad and Racing enthusiast, I've never got the impression he has any inside word for any stables plans never mind Henry's stable or owner.
                                It's likely just a punt and educated guess. The comments are typical of his vocabulary and likely just banter vs substantiated rumour.
                                Any firm decisions for most horses in training with a decision to make (hurdles or fences) are likely to be left for a while yet.
                                Common sense tells you that.

I'd say that if the horse is fit we'll see it either over hurdles or fences or the Flat ?
                                Backed CG any race as i have it down as "could be anything" in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X