Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think this is a reasonably good video in trying to ascertain Envoi Allen and Shishkin’s potential projected season going forwards. Well researched I would suggest.
    Last edited by EnvoyAllen; 25 May 2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• I don’t think it’s a case of deliberately seeking clarification or sharing any info, I think it’ll be more a case of sharing views and taking on board comments from others, seeing a different angle or something you might have missed but supports your initial thinking.

As for racing returning I think the Cheltenham markets might dry up, it’ll be all flat for the foreseeable future.
      I’ve said before I’m surprised there was wasn’t more creativity from traders with AP markets when racing stopped, and if their creativity had traction it might have continued through the Summer until NH (proper) is back.

Comment

• I think missing the price is just that.
        It is what it is.
        If you don't like the available price, then don't back it.
        Definitely try and avoid betting anyway because of the FOMO.
        This is Not always easy, although should be easier in May 2020, with 9 months or so to go.

And lets face it, if you miss out now, with so long to go, you're almost certainly missing out on a losing bet anyway. There'll only be 28 winners at the festival next year and there are no odds up for the Handicaps yet.
        Obviously, I acknowledge for those backing multiple horses in festival races, like many of us, it helps to have value losers in your portfolio so that overall profit can be made.

As others have said, definitely get on before posting any "reasons why" on here, or you've made your bed and someone else has lied down on it.

In fact if you don't get on before warbling away on here then you're effectively the equivalent of a "Betting Cuckold".

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
          Anyone who does post presumably places the bet before sharing so why would that be anybody's concern?
          Well i don't think Scooby showed his face here last year till August (ish) so why bring his name into it as he hasn't posted yet? If he posts he does but its a tad early to be calling his name innit?

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
            Well i don't think Scooby showed his face here last year till August (ish) so why bring his name into it as he hasn't posted yet? If he posts he does but its a tad early to be calling his name innit?
            Since when have I called any individual out? Everyone on this forum knows of scoobys worth so not sure why you have implied I am talking about him in an negative light...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
              Since when have I called any individual out? Everyone on this forum knows of scoobys worth so not sure why you have implied I am talking about him in an negative light...?
              All im saying is let the bloke turn up 1st and ask if hes doing his diary this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                Love them all.
                Put Elimay in to win the Mares Chase too.
                Added Elimay to make up my first ever lucky 31. Cheers for the tip Saxon Warrior 👍🏻

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                  Anyone know if Scooby will be posting his thoughts/bets again this year?
                  Unlikely to see him before October with anything Cheltenham related.

He hasn't backed anything for Cheltenham 2021 so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                    Obviously, I acknowledge for those backing multiple horses in festival races, like many of us, it helps to have value losers in your portfolio so that overall profit can be made.

As others have said, definitely get on before posting any "reasons why" on here, or you've made your bed and someone else has lied down on it.

In fact if you don't get on before warbling away on here then you're effectively the equivalent of a "Betting Cuckold".

It is a shame though, it promotes a vehement defense of ones bet even if it gets slated.

I'll still be asking before taking on some occasions.

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                      All im saying is let the bloke turn up 1st and ask if hes doing his diary this year.
                      I didn't ask if he was doing a diary, reread who posts what and try again!

Comment

Love them all.
                        Put Elimay in to win the Mares Chase too.
                        You think she's a good thing SW?

Certainly been impressive enough over the larger obstacles to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                          Anyone know if Scooby will be posting his thoughts/bets again this year?
                          Probably, iv locked the only account i have, purposely until october. Aslong as hills still have the antepost on the terminals, i should be Ok.

Could be a tough one to get stuck into early though, without having the further evidence of aintree and punchestown this year. So I'd be leaving the staying novice chases, where I'd usually start. Well alone
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

It is a shame though, it promotes a vehement defense of ones bet even if it gets slated.

I'll still be asking before taking on some occasions.
                            Yes, the forum is great for a bit of challenge, or agreement with your selection, or an alternative horse for a race, or a different race for your selections.

People on here do know lots and lots, and its their opinion and reasoning that stimulates all of our thoughts.

It really is a great place to be.
                            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Yes, the forum is great for a bit of challenge, or agreement with your selection, or an alternative horse for a race, or a different race for your selections.

People on here do know lots and lots, and its their opinion and reasoning that stimulates all of our thoughts.

It really is a great place to be.
                              Yes it is
                              Feedback and discussion are always valuable in one way or another.
                              There’s always something to learn or mull over.

Like Kev- I’ll also discuss horses before betting, but the risk is clear that the price may be affected if enough mention something. Just got to accept that vs all the positives

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                You think she's a good thing SW?

Certainly been impressive enough over the larger obstacles to date.
                                Generally 10-1 for the Mares Chase but 10 for Any race with Hills, plus a cheeky boost.

Comment

Working...
                                X