Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Novice Chase Division

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Well Chief, Azertuip, Flagship Uberalles, Tuitchev…
    No chance they can win an Arkle

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

I remember being short of aggregate distances for the week and watched the Supreme winner hack up by 10l followed by Azertyuip winning by a fence, two races in was a scary position at the time…

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
        Question.
        I've had a brief look, and it's something that I've always had in my head.
        But, as someone who rubbishes horses chances in the arkle if they were bred to run on the flat (aspire tower) and actually ran on the flat,
        And was dead against Captain Guinness as his sire was Arakan (a sprinter on the flat)

Can anyone name an arkle winner who had ran on the flat, prior to going NH racing ??
        Or whose sire was a sprinter on the flat ???
        Just gone through them quickly and like Ista said there were a few Arkle winners and indeed placed horses that meet that criteria back in the day but we are talking roughly 15 years ago and nowt since so you are probably quite right ignoring anything flat related these days.

Comment

Just gone through them quickly and like Ista said there were a few Arkle winners and indeed placed horses that meet that criteria back in the day but we are talking roughly 15 years ago and nowt since so you are probably quite right ignoring anything flat related these days.
          The last 15 years has seen the influx of French breds who are physically more advanced than UK/Ire bred horses.
          I’m sure I’ve bored everyone with this in the past but they (French trainers) have 2yo jumping brush hurdles and fences at 3 so French NH bred horses are trained very differently.
          This is the trend of the last 15 or so years no doubt there’ll be a new trend evolving soon….

Comment

• Good work Ista - I'd forgot about Well Chief. He was one of my favourites also.
            The others I couldn't be sure, as the records on ATR don't go back far enough. And then I gave up instead of looking at the Racing Post archive.

Comment

- They'd actually have more chance than Aspire Tower in 2022, if they came out of retirement (or back from the dead)
              Obviously not

The NH breds have definitely come to the fore in some of Cheltenham's races, and especially in the so called speed races like the Supreme and the Arkle,
              Not many flat runners have done well in these 2 races in the last 20 years or so.
              Can only think of Labaik for the supreme (and he doesn't count)

Comment

• The decent 1M+ Flat horses are sold off abroad which is a good reason few of them with good ratings at 3yo+ turn up in NH racing anymore.

Thats led, in particular, to inflated price markets for p2p recruits, and won't have helped French purchase prices either, as both now dominate everything in the jumping world in UK/IRE.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• I’ve only backed a few horses so far for 2022, I had planned to start back ante post punting mid September with a date of September 15th as my pre season return. The last National Hunt season and Cheltenham Festival burnt me out mentally so was hoping a break would be good for me. I’ve wasted most of the free bets I’ve had so far on daily bets but yesterday I had to blow the dust off my badge and clean out my gun after Streets of Doyen got gutsy and won his beginners chase. I scrambled to back him at 66/1 for the BANC straight after his win. I was disappointed not to see his price collapse and it dawned on me I may have backed him for the wrong race as the collapse happened in the NHC. Seeing the ripe cash out flicker in front of me was enough to get the juices flowing and I’m bringing my pre season training forward to September 1st.

Streets of Doyen - 66/1 Bet 365 BANC
                  Showed a lot of determination to win his beginners chase yesterday at Galway. Nice to see his trainer start him early. Not the smoothest of jumping and off the bridle from quite a way out but the BANC requires plenty of stamina & attrition and with course & distance form under his belt at Cheltenham after winning October 2020 and then finishing 3rd in the Bartlett, he could be a big outsider for this or a credible contender in the NHC if he continues to improve in his jumping
                  Last edited by The King Pimm; 30 July 2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice View Post

Spot on, i got a few early lucky 15's on with hills last year but later in the season they stopped it.
                    Hills allowed multiples for TWAR’s for just a week April 2020 when we went into lockdown. I only had a chance of placing a dozen but won well on 2 of them. I think it was an admin error on their behalf as they’ve not allowed it since and it’s not from a lack of trying. All the other bookies don’t allow it either annoyingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post

Hills allowed multiples for TWAR’s for just a week April 2020 when we went into lockdown. I only had a chance of placing a dozen but won well on 2 of them. I think it was an admin error on their behalf as they’ve not allowed it since and it’s not from a lack of trying. All the other bookies don’t allow it either annoyingly.
                      Just looked at my luckys from 2021 festival and the last hills ones were in April so looks like you are correct, kp. Ferny hollow the only one that let me down on one so looking back bought the if onlys flooding back !

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice View Post

Just looked at my luckys from 2021 festival and the last hills ones were in April so looks like you are correct, kp. Ferny hollow the only one that let me down on one so looking back bought the if onlys flooding back !
                        Same here, I used Ferny in a number of doubles and trebles that would have won had he stayed fit so I share your pain

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post

Same here, I used Ferny in a number of doubles and trebles that would have won had he stayed fit so I share your pain
                          I've used some free bets on him to win next years champion hurdle so I'm prepared to forgive and forget !

Comment

• I had a trixie of Allaho 9/1, Ferny 12/1 and Bob O 25/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
                              I had a trixie of Allaho 9/1, Ferny 12/1 and Bob O 25/1.
                              Mine was Minella indo 14/1 ptko 14/1 monkfish 8/1 ferny 10/1 on a lucky 15. Gutting !

Comment

• I really hope Ferny can make a successful come back from his injury, it would be great to see him line up at next years festival ideally in the Churdle

Comment

Working...
                                X