Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Championship Division

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Oscar Elite to go chasing.
    Lovely.

NH Chase here we come

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Lovely.

NH Chase here we come
      NO !! , r.s.a Please !! . .

Comment

• Honeysuckle to contest the Hatton's Grace . Racing U.K today ....

Comment

• Quilixious Champion hurdle? Looks to be going for the Down Royal hurdle race this month. Aspire Tower won it for HDB last year then 4th in CH. Worth an ew chance at 20s!

Comment

• Don't think Henry will be worried about Saldier there, based on where Jason finished carrying a shed load of weight

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
              Don't think Henry will be worried about Saldier there, based on where Jason finished carrying a shed load of weight
              Nope that was his final today after a summer campaign. He won't come within 30 lengths of Honeysuckle in the Champion Hurdle

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                Don't think Henry will be worried about Saldier there, based on where Jason finished carrying a shed load of weight
                I'd say take it with a pinch of salt.

Saldier was very good, IMO, despite the weight he was getting. He made all, came back to them then went away again, I think he probably stays around 2m2f-2m3f no bother so I feel that he may use them sort of tactics again in the Champion Hurdle of 2022 rather than being held up like this year.

This was off the back of winning a Galway Hurdle off top weight, which itself could have caused a below par performance but didn't.

I do expect his form to tail off at some point as he has shown a tendency to dislike softer ground, so it may be he drifts out for the Champion Hurdle again at some point anyway. But I wouldn't be judging him on his runs through the winter months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winging The Last View Post

Nope that was his final today after a summer campaign. He won't come within 30 lengths of Honeysuckle in the Champion Hurdle
                  He finished within 15 lengths this year in less than favourable conditions for him, so that's an interesting statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

He finished within 15 lengths this year in less than favourable conditions for him, so that's an interesting statement.
                    Maybe exaggerated the 30 lengths but won't get anywhere near her

Comment

• Originally posted by Winging The Last View Post

Maybe exaggerated the 30 lengths but won't get anywhere near her
                      Different tactics, better ground, if these two factors happen I think he'll end up closer than he did in this years race.

Also wouldn't mind him not running after Christmas and going to the race fresh.

Comment

• Saldier bunny hopped the second last as well or it would have been a lot comfier winning margin.

Came right back on it once Mullins sorted him out and won easy enough. He’s such a frustrating horse for me. I really thought he was Mullins number 1 last year.

He is 7 going on 8 so you never know haha!

Comment

• As posted on CoD's members diary - I have also got a 33/1 slip on him for the CH, and felt today was positive to rally away the end to show similar ability to when winning the Morgianna back in Nov'19.

Comment

• Mullins after Elimay's win at Fairyhouse said....

“I just said to Mark there that on drier ground she probably wants three miles.”

The Friday at Cheltenham is invariably the driest ground of the week. 2 1/2 miles in the Mares Chase or 3 miles 2f in the GC ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                              Mullins after Elimay's win at Fairyhouse said....

“I just said to Mark there that on drier ground she probably wants three miles.”

The Friday at Cheltenham is invariably the driest ground of the week. 2 1/2 miles in the Mares Chase or 3 miles 2f in the GC ?
                              Is there any race you'd expect her to run in if she's being tested for Gold Cup that she wouldn't if she's going down mares route? Lexus.. or is it called savills now maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin View Post

Is there any race you'd expect her to run in if she's being tested for Gold Cup that she wouldn't if she's going down mares route? Lexus.. or is it called savills now maybe?
                                That sounds sensible if she was going for a Gold Cup she would need a run over a trip before, the Savills at Christmas or the Irish Gold Cup at the DRF.

"Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Working...
                                X