Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Novice Hurdle Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good write up Spectre. It'll be very interesting how those two are played next season.

Comment

• I’m relatively new to this forum and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on Gerri Colombe for the ballymore

Comment

• Grangeclare West declared for the bumper at Punchestown on Saturday (2m 1/2f).

Comment

• Originally posted by Thereacingguru View Post
          I’m relatively new to this forum and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on Gerri Colombe for the ballymore
          Welcome to FJ TRG. I've got Gerri Colombe backed for both the Ballymore 33/1 and the Bartlett 40/1 with the option of cashout with 365. It's hard to know what he's beaten so far, but he's been going about hs business nicely. I'd probably edge towards him being a Bartlett horse rather than the Ballymore. He's out of a Cadoudal mare so is likely to need a trip at some point, and his second bumper looked like he will a stayer in the making. If he's good enough he could conceivably turn up in either race though.

It's also worth considering Robcour have a bunch of nice novices with De Bromhead this season, and if they're all graded horses they'll be thinking about how they split them up, which should include hiding the ability of one or two and turning up in a handicap. Neither tend to do that though.
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

Welcome to FJ TRG. I've got Gerri Colombe backed for both the Ballymore 33/1 and the Bartlett 40/1 with the option of cashout with 365. It's hard to know what he's beaten so far, but he's been going about hs business nicely. I'd probably edge towards him being a Bartlett horse rather than the Ballymore. He's out of a Cadoudal mare so is likely to need a trip at some point, and his second bumper looked like he will a stayer in the making. If he's good enough he could conceivably turn up in either race though.

It's also worth considering Robcour have a bunch of nice novices with De Bromhead this season, and if they're all graded horses they'll be thinking about how they split them up, which should include hiding the ability of one or two and turning up in a handicap. Neither tend to do that though.
            Thank you Spectre. Brilliant information. Do you think it depends on where Journey With Me and Grand Jury go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantic Viking View Post
              Grangeclare West declared for the bumper at Punchestown on Saturday (2m 1/2f).
              Taken from Sporting Life today:
              The same trainer-owner combination is set to unleash another expensive recruit at Punchestown on Saturday, with ?430,000 purchase Grangeclare West lining up for the Ladbrokes (Pro/Am) INH Flat Race.

Richardson said: “I don’t think he’s in the same league as Classic Getaway – but he’s a nice horse, and we’ll learn a bit more. We’re spoilt with the really good horses that we’ve got at the moment. Hopefully he’s another one to look forward to. We’ll get a run into him, and then put him away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fouroverthrutwo View Post

Taken from Sporting Life today:
                The same trainer-owner combination is set to unleash another expensive recruit at Punchestown on Saturday, with ?430,000 purchase Grangeclare West lining up for the Ladbrokes (Pro/Am) INH Flat Race.

Richardson said: “I don’t think he’s in the same league as Classic Getaway – but he’s a nice horse, and we’ll learn a bit more. We’re spoilt with the really good horses that we’ve got at the moment. Hopefully he’s another one to look forward to. We’ll get a run into him, and then put him away.
                Sounds like he could be the Bumper special to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Sounds like he could be the Bumper special to me.

....Grangeclare West 18-1 to win today & Champion Bumper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

....Grangeclare West 18-1 to win today & Champion Bumper.
                    20's with Laddies for Bumper

Comment

• Grangeclare West gets the job done, not much more to say than that really. Ruby seemed to think he's going over obstacles next season too.

Comment

Grangeclare West gets the job done, not much more to say than that really. Ruby seemed to think he's going over obstacles next season too.
                        Down to a low of 8's now for the Bumper

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Down to a low of 8's now for the Bumper
                          Ruby was keen to point out his staying pedigree and basically that being the likely future for him. Sir Gerhard for the Supreme and Grangeclare West and Classic Getaway split between the Ballymore and Potato?

Who have CP got left that we're yet to see, is it just Guily Billy? Gone under the radar compared to the other two (as only a Cheveley ?310k purchase could!), but pedigree suggests he's likely to be the speedier of the 3. Half brother to the likes of Asterion Forlonge, Bacardys, Franco De Port and Saint Roi, of recent times. Dam Sire has Silviniaco Conti and Al Ferof among others on his roll of honour. Was entered in a Punchestown bumper a couple of weeks back but N/R due to a stone bruise.

Trying to guess targets 10 months out... nurse!

Comment

Ruby was keen to point out his staying pedigree and basically that being the likely future for him. Sir Gerhard for the Supreme and Grangeclare West and Classic Getaway split between the Ballymore and Potato?

Who have CP got left that we're yet to see, is it just Guily Billy? Gone under the radar compared to the other two (as only a Cheveley ?310k purchase could!), but pedigree suggests he's likely to be the speedier of the 3. Half brother to the likes of Asterion Forlonge, Bacardys, Franco De Port and Saint Roi, of recent times. Dam Sire has Silviniaco Conti and Al Ferof among others on his roll of honour. Was entered in a Punchestown bumper a couple of weeks back but N/R due to a stone bruise.

1 of those 3 will go Bumper.........no idea which one though which is why I'm on all 3 !

Comment

....Guily Billy & Jungle Boogie to win a/r 200-1 Sky. This time last year Bob O & Appreciate It a/r was 200-1 (a price that held through the summer).

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

....Guily Billy & Jungle Boogie to win a/r 200-1 Sky. This time last year Bob O & Appreciate It a/r was 200-1 (a price that held through the summer).
                                Imagine having a point on that last year.......that would have covered all my bets !

Comment

Working...
                                X