Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Novice Hurdle Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheltenham Novice Chase View Post
    Interesting that Guily Billy is entered in a maiden hurdle on Sunday at Killarney. At least that would rule out the bumper, if he runs.
    I think simply that entry would virtually rule him out

Comment

Originally posted by Cheltenham Novice Chase View Post
      Interesting that Guily Billy is entered in a maiden hurdle on Sunday at Killarney. At least that would rule out the bumper, if he runs.

....Sky RaB; Guily Billy/Jungle Boogie a/r @ 200-1 might be worth hovering over if it wins impressively.

Comment

Mighty Blue had a very good win on the flat yesterday. Finished 3rd in the mares novice at Cheltenham and ran in some very good hurdle races last year. Finishing 4th on debut over hurdles, 3 and a half lengths behind Sea Ducur and Galopin Des Champs. Don't think the penny ever dropped with her over hurdles but if it did next year she would have to have a great chance.

Surprised she is still available at 25/1 with Bet365

Comment

[QUOTE=Hurdles or chasing;n308800]Mighty Blue had a very good win on the flat yesterday. Finished 3rd in the mares novice at Cheltenham and ran in some very good hurdle races last year. Finishing 4th on debut over hurdles, 3 and a half lengths behind Sea Ducur and Galopin Des Champs. Don't think the penny ever dropped with her over hurdles but if it did next year she would have to have a great chance.

Deleted as I was talking absolute horse shite !!
          Last edited by JackieMoon33; 6 May 2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurdles or chasing View Post
            Mighty Blue had a very good win on the flat yesterday. Finished 3rd in the mares novice at Cheltenham and ran in some very good hurdle races last year. Finishing 4th on debut over hurdles, 3 and a half lengths behind Sea Ducur and Galopin Des Champs. Don't think the penny ever dropped with her over hurdles but if it did next year she would have to have a great chance.

Surprised she is still available at 25/1 with Bet365
            Knew someone mentioned this horse.
            Backed it this afternoon.
            a good shout I reckon

Comment

Don't think he is priced up anywhere but Berkshire Royal runs later today in a novice hurdle at Kilbeggan. One to watch rather than back today. Finished last of those that completed in Shishkin's supreme, tailed off 19 lengths behind Fiddlerontheroof.

Perhaps a bit of a leap of faith required but he was fired in at the deep end in what we now know was a decent renewal of the Supreme so presumably Mullins thought he had some ability. Looks like he has changed ownership again since then, but remains in with Mullins and returns off another lengthy lay off. Would want to be winning this race today to warrant staying in the notebook but an interesting one nonetheless that is still a novice.

Comment

Never Feel Blue, whom I have backed for the Mares Novices, has an entry next Thursday at Kilbeggan. I have no idea what this may tell us but I am about to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by RufusFlynn View Post
                  Don't think he is priced up anywhere but Berkshire Royal runs later today in a novice hurdle at Kilbeggan. One to watch rather than back today. Finished last of those that completed in Shishkin's supreme, tailed off 19 lengths behind Fiddlerontheroof.

Perhaps a bit of a leap of faith required but he was fired in at the deep end in what we now know was a decent renewal of the Supreme so presumably Mullins thought he had some ability. Looks like he has changed ownership again since then, but remains in with Mullins and returns off another lengthy lay off. Would want to be winning this race today to warrant staying in the notebook but an interesting one nonetheless that is still a novice.
                  Decent run there Rufus

Comment

Also see Rayapour made a long awaited debut over obstacles.

Havent watched the race yet but beaten 2 and a half lengths over just shy of 2 and a half miles giving lumps of weight away.

Was his first run in just under 2 years. Be interesting if he’s kept over obstacles now.

Comment

• This is not a tip, but I have a good idea of who will be one of the early Triumph favourites... or ought to be at least...

MATTERHORN

By Martaline (We Have A Dream, Beaumec de Houelle, Kotkikova, Malaya) Matterhorn is a nephew of top staying chaser Turgot but is also related to useful juveniles. His dam won in the division, uncle Pontvallain finished third in the Cambaceres (the championship contest for three-year-olds) while Sept Verites (2/2) and Dans La Foulee (2/3) made winning debuts in the Wild Monarch. Recent graduates of the contest include Busselton, Footpad, Bivouac, Dolas and Botox Has while top-class animals such as Long Run, Golden Silver, Remember Rose, Hinterland and Le Grand Luce count themselves among the longer term introductions. This year, Matterhorn was in the process of running a big race and certainly held a winning chance before making a dramatic error at the last.

This gave the initiative to Paradiso who was representing a David Cottin yard which has been dominant in the division this season. Incidentally, Paradiso won the listed Prix Stanley this afternoon, firmly establishing himself as the leading colt/gelding of the season thus far.

It has yet to be established where Matterhorn is set to wind up and his France Galop profile merely states that he is set for exportation. Nevertheless, his form is the strongest of the five known thus far and wherever he ends up, he could be the to fire shots during the opening salvos of the Triumph market.

(for posterity, the other known imports are the Gary Moore pair Porticello and Moulins Clermont, Magistrato who is with Paul Nicholls, and Brainstorm who is probably with Sophie Leech. The latter named is well-related but claiming class. Magistrato is a chasing type who finished second to Porticello in the Prix Grandak. Porticello is a nice sort and was vying for the first shout until Paradiso enhanced Matterhorn's prospects while Moulins Clermont is a €70,000 purchase who looks like another longer-term prospect. - Full write ups on these will be posted in the upcoming juvenile hurdlers 2021/22 thread which might be up next week.)

Comment

• Matterhorn is with Nicholls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonjers View Post
                          Matterhorn is with Nicholls.
                          Aintree then
                          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Anyone else think it's unlikely now that classic getaway will be aimed at the Cheltenham bumper? A lot of people on here myself included have backed him but a 2 mile 4 furlong bumper on heavy ground in May doesn't seem like a normal preparation. Wouldn't be the way Elliott would go anyway. Maybe going straight over hurdles?

Comment

• Hes with Mullins mate. But I note your thoughts with regards opening assignments, Mullins doesnt seem to worry as much as others about distances though for my mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnoman66 View Post
                                Anyone else think it's unlikely now that classic getaway will be aimed at the Cheltenham bumper? A lot of people on here myself included have backed him but a 2 mile 4 furlong bumper on heavy ground in May doesn't seem like a normal preparation. Wouldn't be the way Elliott would go anyway. Maybe going straight over hurdles?
                                Hard enough guessing what Willie will do a few weeks in advance, never mind 10 months, but if I had to take an opinion, i'd say it's a decision that makes it look more likely they will send him over hurdles next season. Grangeclare West also held an entry for this race, but it's Classic Getaway they're sending. They're may be another reason altogether and it may not mean very much at all, that's the 'fun' of this game...

Comment

Working...
                                X