Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Novice Hurdle Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one I've had my eye on and I think he may have been mentioned here before but do correct me if I'm wrong is a purchase by the Moran's and Gordon at the April Tattersalls PTP sales , American Mike where he was the biggest sale at 195k. Here is his replay of his only run and PTP Win. With him being 4 years old, they may end up sending him through bumpers this season then go Novice hurdling in 2023

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post
      Another one I've had my eye on and I think he may have been mentioned here before but do correct me if I'm wrong is a purchase by the Moran's and Gordon at the April Tattersalls PTP sales , American Mike where he was the biggest sale at 195k. Here is his replay of his only run and PTP Win. With him being 4 years old, they may end up sending him through bumpers this season then go Novice hurdling in 2023
      American Mike is on my radar too. Was really impressive in that PTP and I spoke to someone who is more into their PTP than myself and they gave American Mike as one to look out for, so all positive really.

I think I’ll wait until stable tours to see if there’s any plans because as you say he’s only 4. The 5 year old record in the potato race isn’t great either and he of course has the option of staying in bumpers for a year, although he didn’t look a particularly quick horse in his PTP to my eye

maybe he will follow the same path as Ginto did for the same connections last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post

American Mike is on my radar too. Was really impressive in that PTP and I spoke to someone who is more into their PTP than myself and they gave American Mike as one to look out for, so all positive really.

I think I’ll wait until stable tours to see if there’s any plans because as you say he’s only 4. The 5 year old record in the potato race isn’t great either and he of course has the option of staying in bumpers for a year, although he didn’t look a particularly quick horse in his PTP to my eye

maybe he will follow the same path as Ginto did for the same connections last year?
        May end up that way yeah, seems like Gordon likes doing a season of bumpers with his PTPers anyway, Sir Gerhard is 6 and even he went through a season of bumpers and won a 3 Mile PTP like Ginto who's 5

Comment

• To be fair he looks at utter stayer going by that

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            What are people's thoughts on O'Toole who split Kilcruit and Sir Gerhard at Punchestown ?
            Looks like he'll be fairly useful, though I do think Sir Gerhard didn't run his true race tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Looks like he'll be fairly useful, though I do think Sir Gerhard didn't run his true race tbh.
              Yep, that was very clear. Where do you see O'Toole going COD ? I'm thinking Albert over Ballymore.

Comment

Yep, that was very clear. Where do you see O'Toole going COD ? I'm thinking Albert over Ballymore.
                He's a difficult one to assess for me, but if you factor in Sir G not running his race then O'Toole probably finishes 3rd in that bumper. Obviously he is a lot lighter raced than that pair, but I think he needs 2m 4f+ the rest will depend on his actual ability. Couldn't rule out anything at this stage. It's comfortable on this fence

Comment

He's a difficult one to assess for me, but if you factor in Sir G not running his race then O'Toole probably finishes 3rd in that bumper. Obviously he is a lot lighter raced than that pair, but I think he needs 2m 4f+ the rest will depend on his actual ability. Couldn't rule out anything at this stage. It's comfortable on this fence
                  Cheers. His TWAR price is a bag of shite. Think I'll back him for Albert and take it from there.

Comment

Cheers. His TWAR price is a bag of shite. Think I'll back him for Albert and take it from there.
                    Yeah, I've not been inspired by many of the TWAR prices as of yet tbh.

Comment

Yeah, I've not been inspired by many of the TWAR prices as of yet tbh.
                      Agree. Very poor. I've only found a few I like. Blue Lord, Dark Raven, Grangee, Statler and The Bosses Oscar are the only ones I've backed so far. Last season at this stage I had about 50 ! Have had to do several for multiple races which is not normal for me but I had to adapt.

Comment

Agree. Very poor. I've only found a few I like. Blue Lord, Dark Raven, Grangee, Statler and The Bosses Oscar are the only ones I've backed so far. Last season at this stage I had about 50 ! Have had to do several for multiple races which is not normal for me but I had to adapt.
                        Can pick out so many examples, but the fact that Five O'Clock is 14s TWAR on Sky is one of the biggest outrages for me. To put into context, was 7th in Martin Pipe in 2020 - I was on TWAR at 25s for this year's fez where was a NR, and since then, hasn't even been seen!?

Comment

• Anyone by any chance know who Call Her Now has gone into training with? Purchased for 230k at Tattersalls in May I think and is out of a half sister to Denman, possible one for the Mares novice hurdle

Comment

• For anyone with a Ladbrokes account Letsbeclearabout it is 50/1 for the AB. He’s a general 33/1 shot currently across Oddschecker.

This can also be boosted to 60/1 if you’ve not already used them

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post
                              For anyone with a Ladbrokes account Letsbeclearabout it is 50/1 for the AB. He’s a general 33/1 shot currently across Oddschecker.

This can also be boosted to 60/1 if you’ve not already used them
                              Thanks Just gone In again at 60s. One of the few over priced horses in this years ante post market. Can’t believe he’s double the price of that yak Ramilies

Comment

• Plans for JWM, Gerri Colombe and Grand Jury here, apparently gets info straight from connections according to other members.
                                Last edited by Zachx02; 2 September 2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X