Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Has anyone had a Cheltenham 2022 punt yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post

Do you know something re her target or is that your opinion?
    The members have been advised to back her for mares they got 33-1 with Unibet. They have also a few pounds on at 66-1 for champion hurdle as she is working very well

Comment

• Can't see anything other than another Mare getting close to Honeysuckle if the 7lbs allowance isn't removed. IMO Concertista will be Mullins main Churdle hope next year but if that's not the case then Shewearsitwell could be a worthy substitute. All about the Girls !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trap5 View Post

The members have been advised to back her for mares they got 33-1 with Unibet. They have also a few pounds on at 66-1 for champion hurdle as she is working very well
        Do you mean working well before injury or now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          Can't see anything other than another Mare getting close to Honeysuckle if the 7lbs allowance isn't removed. IMO Concertista will be Mullins main Churdle hope next year but if that's not the case then Shewearsitwell could be a worthy substitute. All about the Girls !!
          We will find out how good she is in about 6weeks time

Comment

Was all over her for the Novice Mares Hurdle and was really disappointed when she picked up her injury. She did look a top Mare in the making. Hopefully she'll carry on where she left off. Have backed her for the Mares Hurdle but wouldn't hesitate betting her as cover against Honeysuckle in the Churdle should she be thought good enough to go that route. I like her a lot.

Comment

possibly
              Annie Power EBF Mares Champion Hdle (Grade 1)
              on 1st of May at Punchestown

Comment

Great. Thanks for passing on

Comment

• Considering Champ had a terrible prep and has form at the course (appreciate his record on the new course is now FPU) it wouldn't be inconceivable to think he'd be sent there again next year. He's lightly raced and never out of the top 2 when finishing: if his jumping continues to improve 20-1 seems good value imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankely My Dear View Post
                    Considering Champ had a terrible prep and has form at the course (appreciate his record on the new course is now FPU) it wouldn't be inconceivable to think he'd be sent there again next year. He's lightly raced and never out of the top 2 when finishing: if his jumping continues to improve 20-1 seems good value imo
                    Just watched the race back, he jumped terribly but could that be down to the bad prep?

Comment

Just watched the race back, he jumped terribly but could that be down to the bad prep?
                      No. He had a 5 star residential course with Henrietta Knight and jumped fine at Newbury.

Comment

Considering Champ had a terrible prep and has form at the course (appreciate his record on the new course is now FPU) it wouldn't be inconceivable to think he'd be sent there again next year. He's lightly raced and never out of the top 2 when finishing: if his jumping continues to improve 20-1 seems good value imo
                        Of course, you should back your own judgement and good luck with it.

Personally, as a 10yo dodgy jumper who has an alphabetic course record, I wouldn't touch him at twice the price.

Comment

• Grand Paradis may run on Sunday, and I'd fancy him to win.
                          Not priced up in the novice chasers still - RSA most likely.
                          And no one will give me a price.
                          If he wins the race Sunday he'll be one of the higher rated novice hurdles over the longer trips.
                          If anyone has any joy, then I'd be grateful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                            Grand Paradis may run on Sunday, and I'd fancy him to win.
                            Not priced up in the novice chasers still - RSA most likely.
                            And no one will give me a price.
                            If he wins the race Sunday he'll be one of the higher rated novice hurdles over the longer trips.
                            If anyone has any joy, then I'd be grateful.

....might be easier to get a ‘win today & any race’ price with Hills/Sky.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post

Of course, you should back your own judgement and good luck with it.

Personally, as a 10yo dodgy jumper who has an alphabetic course record, I wouldn't touch him at twice the price.
                              Same here Archie. I've seen people talk him up for the Stayers on Twitter but struggle to see that either.

Comment

• The Ante Post prices bookies are offering this year is a Farce, the current prices are shocking compared to previous years.

It is very hard to find any decent ante post bets for the festival at the moment, the bookies are offering very little value. The only Ante Post Single i have placed his year is LETSBECLEARABOUTIT at 50/1 for the Albert Bartlett.

He is running in the Fairyhouse bumper today, however, the drying ground might be on the quick side for him, but in general his bumper form is very strong.

He ran well behind SG when conceding weight, he just got outpaced when the race turned into a sprint 2 out, but he stayed on strongly to the line, and PM struggled to pull him up afterwards. He ran a blinder at the DRF bumper behind Kilcruit, conceding weight again. Considering that race fell apart, I thought he stuck to the task well when others cried off. They went way to hard up front, and Cromwell's stable form in Jan/Feb was rancid.

I'm confident that if he is fit and well next March, the Albert Bartlett will be the target for LETSBECLEARABOUTIT and that cant be said for the top two in the market SG and Kilcruit.

He will improve further for jumping hurdles and a trip. I love his game attitude, he looks a tough horse, and has a great Profile for the race. The Trainer also does well with staying hurdlers.

Win or Lose in the bumper today, he is one I'm really looking forward to next season over staying trips. I have had a good bet on him at 50/1 win & EW with various bookmakers. 50/1 is cracking bet, compared to the poor prices the bookies are offering.

Last edited by hardheld; 3 April 2021, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X