Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Has anyone had a Cheltenham 2022 punt yet

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Letsbeclearaboutit reduced to 33/1 after winning at Fairyhouse. Thanks, hardheld!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by archie View Post
      Anyone who believes that Willie has even thought about a date when he might need to choose a Festival race for Kilcruit is inhabiting a parallel universe.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by archie View Post

        Of course, you should back your own judgement and good luck with it.

        Personally, as a 10yo dodgy jumper who has an alphabetic course record, I wouldn't touch him at twice the price.
        Fair point, cheers Archie

        Comment


        • Is there any particular reason why the cross country isn't priced up yet? Looking to get a price for Ajas

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Frankely My Dear View Post
            Is there any particular reason why the cross country isn't priced up yet? Looking to get a price for Ajas
            Ajas is 8/1 on sky bet for the cross country

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bestmate 79 View Post

              Ajas is 8/1 on sky bet for the cross country
              Cheers Bestmate, might have to wait for bet365 as sky didn't like my approach to the gold cup so have limited stakes

              Comment


              • How do we see Gordy (Sneezy) splitting up his bumper horses from this year next season? Hollow games for the Albert Bartlett? Three Stripe Life Ballymore?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                  How do we see Gordy (Sneezy) splitting up his bumper horses from this year next season? Hollow games for the Albert Bartlett? Three Stripe Life Ballymore?
                  Yeah, probably right there. He has a few more interesting ones. Gerri Colombe probably Ballymore to me eye. Few more nice winners too - after Punchestown I watch every bumper back of the season back - thoroughly enjoyable task through-out the summer and it does really be profitable with punting maiden and novice hurdles the next season. I'll make a point of coming back to regards my thoughts on Elliotts bumper horses going forward if you like FTM.

                  Comment


                  • That would be great thanks
                    Tbh my thinking behind asking was whether to back anything antepost for next years novice hurdles before the bumper at Punchestown! But yes always interested in bumper reviews etc

                    Comment


                    • Burning Victory shortening significantly for the Mares race at Punchestown! Wasn’t thrilled with the 20/1 quotes for Cheltenham next year but have taken it up in a single & multiples, it’s not a very deep field at Punchestown & if she obliges she’ll be half her current quote.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                        Burning Victory shortening significantly for the Mares race at Punchestown! Wasn’t thrilled with the 20/1 quotes for Cheltenham next year but have taken it up in a single & multiples, it’s not a very deep field at Punchestown & if she obliges she’ll be half her current quote.
                        Laurina apparently entered for the same race. I thought she had been retired after repeatedly bleeding? According to the Racing Post she is declared for 2 races at Punchestown.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fouroverthrutwo View Post

                          Laurina apparently entered for the same race. I thought she had been retired after repeatedly bleeding? According to the Racing Post she is declared for 2 races at Punchestown.
                          She has already been covered so likely just going to give her one more race while they still can , roughly a 100-120d window I think to do so.
                          They have said only runs if doesn't bleed beforehand too.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fouroverthrutwo View Post

                            Laurina apparently entered for the same race. I thought she had been retired after repeatedly bleeding? According to the Racing Post she is declared for 2 races at Punchestown.
                            Might as well pick up some decent place money with her in between breeding duties. The race will cut up so makes sense.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

                              I had her in a Yankee at 10/1 with Galvin 20/1, Sir Gerhard 14/1 and Pretty Gorgeous (1000Gns) 10/1.

                              Could have been sitting on a six-figure payout from Pretty Gorgeous in 4 weeks.

                              If SWIW had made the Mares NH she would have been a very short price to win that day.

                              IMO she is the best Novice Mare by far.
                              I hope she makes it back to the track this year at the same level.
                              She is reportedly working really well and will have only one run this year

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trap5 View Post

                                She is reportedly working really well and will have only one run this year
                                This year? seems like a long way to go with her injury recovery still, then.
                                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X