Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Bumper 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Muswell View Post
    Punchestown rescheduled for Tuesday
    Easier to do in Ireland as they only race over jumps once or twice Monday to Friday, so no worries with jockeys riding at other meetings. No chance in Britain with daily racing.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      He was around 9/4 this time last year. But there was also the chat he wouldnt go.

And He was deffinately 6/1 at a point during the day, I didn't back him myself but my mrs had him in a lucky bet I can see at 6/1. Placed on the day.
      Blimey that’s incredible

I was on blue sari but I’d have had a saver at that price for sure!

Comment

• I had a decent hit at 100/30 and that was about as big as I remember seeing.
        6/1 may have been available on a race special/boost...

Comment

• He was 100% 5/1 in PP shops at 1pm on the Wednesday, I had him in a treble at that price.

Comment

• Opened 9/2 on course

Laughed my cock off all the way to the bank

It will be interesting to see if there is a sea of blue for either Panic Attack or Israel Champ while the other drifts, would suggest an obvious pecking order once they’ve worked together a couple of times

Comment

• The prices thing all rings a bell now.
              I was obviously on recovery day and still had face on with Gordon about it all

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                Opened 9/2 on course
                To be fair, this race has more than its' share of gambles, horses often half in price in the time it takes for a comfort break...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                  He was 100% 5/1 in PP shops at 1pm on the Wednesday, I had him in a treble at that price.
                  Yep , I backed E.A on the day @ 11-2 in Corals.

Comment

• ...Skelton confirms Third Time Lucki for this.

Comment

• Where did skelton say that ?

Comment

• Backed Eskylane for this @ 20/1 ew NRNB with Skybet.
                        He broke his duck at the 5th time of asking as a ptp horse and transferred to GE.
                        On his first bumper run he came 2nd to Assemble beaten 1/4l, in 3rd was Appreciate It 2 1/4l back in 3rd (ran green)
                        Assemble wasted no time and went hurdling next time out, and won it over 2 1/2 ml. RPR 144. he was then upped to G1 and finished 10l behind Latest Exhibition @ Leopardstown.
                        We know what Appreciate has done since!
                        Eskylane ran again on January 18th and won easily (new owner). "we wont do much more with, maybe one more run in a bumper" GE usual trainer BS. Of course that was before Appreciate It bolted up in the G1 bumper trial at Leopardstown. If he runs at Cheltenham he will be a lot less than 20/1 and if he doesn't you get your money back.

Comment

• Originally posted by punterorplonker View Post
                          Where did skelton say that ?

Dan Skelton believes Roksana will have her work cut out defending her title in the Close Brothers Mares' Hurdle at next month's Cheltenham Festival.

...in this article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                            Backed Eskylane for this @ 20/1 ew NRNB with Skybet.
                            He broke his duck at the 5th time of asking as a ptp horse and transferred to GE.
                            On his first bumper run he came 2nd to Assemble beaten 1/4l, in 3rd was Appreciate It 2 1/4l back in 3rd (ran green)
                            Assemble wasted no time and went hurdling next time out, and won it over 2 1/2 ml. RPR 144. he was then upped to G1 and finished 10l behind Latest Exhibition @ Leopardstown.
                            We know what Appreciate has done since!
                            Eskylane ran again on January 18th and won easily (new owner). "we wont do much more with, maybe one more run in a bumper" GE usual trainer BS. Of course that was before Appreciate It bolted up in the G1 bumper trial at Leopardstown. If he runs at Cheltenham he will be a lot less than 20/1 and if he doesn't you get your money back.
                            I like that, I really like that.

Yeah, you've got me.

Comment

• Shame we won't get to see FH at Punch... guess they might struggle to get another run into him now..

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                                Shame we won't get to see FH at Punch... guess they might struggle to get another run into him now..
                                I was starting to get really optimistic too! Probably pocket but was hoping to have a decent live one!

Comment

Working...
                                X