Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Bumper 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion Bumper 2020

Couldn’t see a thread for this and what has prompted me to start one is the entry of Monkfish in the Navan bumper on Saturday.

Any news on his path as I assumed he would go novice hurdling? Or will/can he stay in this sphere?

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
    Couldn’t see a thread for this and what has prompted me to start one is the entry of Monkfish in the Navan bumper on Saturday.

Any news on his path as I assumed he would go novice hurdling? Or will/can he stay in this sphere?
    Leo Powell heard the champion trainer discuss his hopes for 50 of his most talented charges

Look under the header for blackbow
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Energumene and Aione entered in Sunday’s bumper too. I guess the question is how many Willie sticks to bumpers with given a few of his horses missed last season

Comment

Thanks you Scooby

Comment

I presumed it would be more relating to proper bumper types that missed last year, i thought point winners in the main would've been over obstacles. Guess he must have so many.

Did worry Blackbow was going to be held back another year when he put the quote under his name, but he's entered in a hurdle thank god.

Comment

Energumene was a big purchase buy and was fancied for last year's bumper. Tom Lacey who had him as a winning pointer said he was the best horse he'd ever had. High praise. Not sure if he was injured last year or just given time to grow into his frame by Willie. Interested to see his progress.
            Last edited by Lobos; 6 November 2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Etoile Rebelle mentioned on Twitter. A rare Olly Murphy / Jared Sullivan combination, out of a half sister to Vautour, could be interesting.

Comment

The name I keep hearing of Mullins' is Ferny Hollow - though after the unfortunate last couple of years of the Mullins bumper shout in October/November, loathe to part with the cash just yet

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                  The name I keep hearing of Mullins' is Ferny Hollow - though after the unfortunate last couple of years of the Mullins bumper shout in October/November, loathe to part with the cash just yet
                  I track the sales regularly and shortlisted him during the off season before I knew he went to Mullins and that is an additional bonus. Mullins is obviously the bumper king and Cheveley have sent him their two best purchases this season instead of Gordon. Deploy The Getaway is the other horse they sent him but I prefer the profile of Ferny Hollow.

The other one I'd highlight is a horse called Heart of A Lion of Alan King and JP McManus

Comment

I've backed Energumene today before he appears at the weekend.... having another year off can only be a positive in my eyes as they said the injury wasn't serious last year. There was plenty of hype about him and I remember Ruby making some positive noises... 50/1 seems a bit of a no brainer considering I gladly took 33/1 last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                      I've backed Energumene today before he appears at the weekend.... having another year off can only be a positive in my eyes as they said the injury wasn't serious last year. There was plenty of hype about him and I remember Ruby making some positive noises... 50/1 seems a bit of a no brainer considering I gladly took 33/1 last season.
                      TBH, i'd probably wait on the decs CCM- not certain he'll show up in a bumper.

We know Mullins likes to throw entries out left, right + centre....

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                        Hope this was with cash out available

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                          This is part of my Cheveley Park Treble. Gets a really good mention from Mark Howard.

I'm 0/20 in this race I think.

Comment

Wide Receiver was purchased for 410,000 by Tom Malone and is gone to Elliott he also purchased Envoi Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              Wide Receiver was purchased for 410,000 by Tom Malone and is gone to Elliott he also purchased Envoi Allen.
                              He’s owned by Gigginstown so there’s a good chance that he’d bypass Cheltenham.

Comment

Working...
                              X