Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    Although I put up The Big Getaway pre-season for the AB, I still can't get on board with him being the Ballymore winner. He's likely good enough for a place as the race will cut up a bit.

The RSA will be the race I'd most want to back him for now [insert cliche blah blah blah]
    RSA, King George and Gold Cup treble? He could make a serious chaser

Comment

• Hobbs is claiming they haven’t decided where Sporting John goes yet, someone might want to tell him to check Betfair.....

Comment

• The sustained support for the big getaway is very intriguing, sure he was around 20s still after his win LTO and is now as short as 5s for this. Can see him going off from the front and trying to get them all at it from a fair way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
          The sustained support for the big getaway is very intriguing, sure he was around 20s still after his win LTO and is now as short as 5s for this. Can see him going off from the front and trying to get them all at it from a fair way out.
          Hopefully he does go from the front. Gives a nice tow for EA to put the race to bed before the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
            Hopefully he does go from the front. Gives a nice tow for EA to put the race to bed before the last.
            You reckon Envoi Allen has this won before the last?

Comment

• People thinking envoi allen is an absolute banker and whilst I have him at 10s for a fair bit hes no cert in my eyes, new challengers have emerged in the last month or so and his price has adjusted accordingly.

Comment

People thinking envoi allen is an absolute banker and whilst I have him at 10s for a fair bit hes no cert in my eyes, new challengers have emerged in the last month or so and his price has adjusted accordingly.
                Tbf it’s always easier to play down the chances of a 6/4 shot when you have it at 10/1

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                  Tbf it’s always easier to play down the chances of a 6/4 shot when you have it at 10/1
                  it is but even if i didn't have a bet, i certainly wouldnt be piling into EA at 6/4 right now. Much better value shorties in the week than EA (BDD, PP for example)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    You reckon Envoi Allen has this won before the last?
                    I think it will play out like the Lawlors.

Of his rivals, Sporting John won against a 2 miler LTO and won a 2 mile maiden against a 3 miler. I also don't like horses that have not been tested in a decent graded race.

I don't particularly rate The Big Getaway.

Big Breakaway is a typical Tizzard horse for next year.

Not much else in it.

If Asterion Forlonge was in here, I'd back him to beat EA.

I only have EA in multiples and so will have to be a day of race bet.

Comment

• Is the slight drift on Envoi not also just people looking at the weather and seeing a potential Supreme switch on the cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
                        I think it will play out like the Lawlors.

Of his rivals, Sporting John won against a 2 miler LTO and won a 2 mile maiden against a 3 miler. I also don't like horses that have not been tested in a decent graded race.

I don't particularly rate The Big Getaway.

Big Breakaway is a typical Tizzard horse for next year.

Not much else in it.

If Asterion Forlonge was in here, I'd back him to beat EA.

I only have EA in multiples and so will have to be a day of race bet.
                        Aye, it could well do.

I'd be surprised if Sporting John wasn't quite a bit better than Elixir D'ainay though. It'll give him something else to think about.

The best thing for EA (based on the form we've seen) would be a slow run race with a sprint finish. A strongly run race where stamina becomes key would be an unknown for him perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                          Is the slight drift on Envoi not also just people looking at the weather and seeing a potential Supreme switch on the cards?
                          My guess is rogue trading, people putting rumours out there and hoovering up value.
                          On a par with ticket touts for me are that lot...

Comment

• I’ve been through this race today and have it between Envoi Allen, Asterion Forlonge, Thyme Hill and Fiddlerontheroof. Not great for the race then that 3 of those 4 are more than likely to turn up in other races. I’d happily back any of those three against EA at the current prices, but without them I see EA as a very strong favourite. I can’t back any of The Big Breakaway, The Big Getaway or Sporting John at their current odds as their wins have all been gained in low level races and the form looks weaker.

My only bet in the race so far is AF at decent odds before the run at the DRF, but it doesn’t look like I’ll get a run for my money. At this moment in time, I’d rather back Easywork or Elixir D’Ainay at bigger odds than the likely 2nd, 3rd or 4th favourites, but do see EA as the very probable winner.

Comment

it is but even if i didn't have a bet, i certainly wouldnt be piling into EA at 6/4 right now. Much better value shorties in the week than EA (BDD, PP for example)
                              I wouldn't say BDD is particularly better value.

Her best form is over 3m. At Cheltenham she fell last year and the year before beat Midnight Tour less than a length. The best horse she has beat over 2 and a half is a 5yo Stormy Ireland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Aye, it could well do.

I'd be surprised if Sporting John wasn't quite a bit better than Elixir D'ainay though. It'll give him something else to think about.

The best thing for EA (based on the form we've seen) would be a slow run race with a sprint finish. A strongly run race where stamina becomes key would be an unknown for him perhaps?
                                SJ might be better than Elixir D'Ainay but I do think Elixir is a good horse. Form upto the Lawlors was good and then at Leopardstown he didn't jump fluently and didn't like taking a lead from Cobblers Way. His 2nd to EA and beating of Longhouse Poet is better than SJs form IMO.

The Lawlors was a decent set pace and so I don't think a strongly run race would be too much of a deterrence.

Having Davy on board will help as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X