Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Tizzard now saying Elixr more likely for International as wants to find out if he is Churdle horse.
    "Christmas Hurdle could be another option". All leading to going for Betfair Handicap at Ascot!

Comment

• Buveur D’air progressing well apparently........ Another Binocular ????

Comment

• BD can only grow his hoof back at its own rate.

It’s good that the horse is progressing well, which probably means he is able to stand and walk without visible signs of pain.

He ran at Aintree and Punchestown after Cheltenham last year, so his target recovery run could be any of these, if his hoof is well enough to allow full training followed by a run this season.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
          BD can only grow his hoof back at its own rate.

It’s good that the horse is progressing well, which probably means he is able to stand and walk without visible signs of pain.

He ran at Aintree and Punchestown after Cheltenham last year, so his target recovery run could be any of these, if his hoof is well enough to allow full training followed by a run this season.
          To be honest, I don’t believe everything I read and something smells very fishy here to me.
          I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him lining up in the champion hurdle.
          Last edited by Kautothegreat8; 10 December 2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Are you claiming this is a conspiracy theory and that massive splinter of wood was photo shopped?? It looked genuine and nasty injury, I don’t think there is anything fishy, he’s injured and so it’s a waiting game

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
              Are you claiming this is a conspiracy theory and that massive splinter of wood was photo shopped?? It looked genuine and nasty injury, I don’t think there is anything fishy, he’s injured and so it’s a waiting game
              All I would say is ......... it’s happened before with the same connections with Binocular. Time will tell but I would hazard a guess that he will be there come Cheltenham. Binocular was ruled out and made a miraculous recovery to not only get to the race but win it with eaz. If you can explain that result then I’d be all innocent in thinking the same as you. I have a very long memory.

Comment

• If you've backed buveur dair, you forget about him, mark it down as a loss and move on. Dont expect him to come back. Dont chase the big prices on the exchange. Or chase your losses. Take it on the chin.

If he lines up in the CH. Its an almighty bonus for your bets.

Speculation will get us nowhere
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• "He's completely sound but a minor, yet significant, muscle problem has been diagnosed and explains our concerns," Henderson said. "We feel we don't have sufficient time to treat this in order for him to do himself justice in the Champion Hurdle.

"We have unfortunately decided to put him away for the season to ensure he can begin next term as normal and 100 per cent for a full campaign, which we obviously hope will lead us back to the Champion Hurdle."

Henderson on Binocular back in February 2010...... remember what happened a month later ?
                  Last edited by Kautothegreat8; 10 December 2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post
                    All I would say is ......... it’s happened before with the same connections with Binocular. Time will tell but I would hazard a guess that he will be there come Cheltenham. Binocular was ruled out and made a miraculous recovery to not only get to the race but win it with eaz. If you can explain that result then I’d be all innocent in thinking the same as you. I have a very long memory.
                    went to JP's home in Ireland for some magic grass too.

Don't know what all the fuss is about anyway.
                    My big toenail comes off all the time, and I can still run.
                    Unless Buvuer Dair's like David Haye.
                    He should be fine in a few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                      went to JP's home in Ireland for some magic grass too.

Don't know what all the fuss is about anyway.
                      My big toenail comes off all the time, and I can still run.
                      Unless Buvuer Dair's like David Haye.
                      He should be fine in a few weeks.
                      Brilliant hahaha

Comment

"He's completely sound but a minor, yet significant, muscle problem has been diagnosed and explains our concerns," Henderson said. "We feel we don't have sufficient time to treat this in order for him to do himself justice in the Champion Hurdle.

"We have unfortunately decided to put him away for the season to ensure he can begin next term as normal and 100 per cent for a full campaign, which we obviously hope will lead us back to the Champion Hurdle."

Henderson on Binocular back in February 2010...... remember what happened a month later ?
                        After listening to Kevin Blake on the slightly bizarre injury he's had i'd share Scooby's view.

Blake had a mare with a similar injury and he said it took forever to recover from.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                          After listening to Kevin Blake on the slightly bizarre injury he's had i'd share Scooby's view.

Blake had a mare with a similar injury and he said it took forever to recover from.
                          I listened to the same thing which is why I’m saying it’s very fishy. Why is he not ruled out Cheltenham yet ?
                          I’m sure the vet would no that the surgery Buveur D’airs had is going to take way longer than a few months to heal.
                          Just something to think about when having an ante post bet in the champion hurdle ...... be very wary of who will be there and who won’t.

Comment

I listened to the same thing which is why I’m saying it’s very fishy. Why is he not ruled out Cheltenham yet ?
                            I’m sure the vet would no that the surgery Buveur D’airs had is going to take way longer than a few months to heal.
                            Just something to think about when having an ante post bet in the champion hurdle ...... be very wary of who will be there and who won’t.

Giving him every chance? Nothing fishy about it at this stage. Hendo did say they weren't sure when/if he'd run again.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                              Giving him every chance? Nothing fishy about it at this stage. Hendo did say they weren't sure when/if he'd run again.
                              I’m sure you can understand my hesitation based on the Binocular situation all those years ago

Comment

• A cynic is a person who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X