Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
    Week off work for me this week so when waiting for the better half to wake i was playing with the names in the Triumph hurdle horses and came across this video.I think on the france galop site it says its being exported.
    What do you guys think and Scooby do you know anything?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...HjjSRtD1vN54xY
    She's one of gordon elliots. Facile victory, in a weak enough race. But Hard not to be impressed.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Just had an email from Gordon Elliot racing which said Gin On Lime is not with them nor on its way to them.
      Dear Mike,

I'm afraid this horse is not with us, nor is it on the way.
      Sorry about that,

Pip Quinn

Racing Secretary
      Gordon Elliott Racing
      Last edited by somer1; 4 September 2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
        Just had an email from Gordon Elliot racing which said Gin On Lime is not with them nor on its way to them.
        Dear Mike,

I'm afraid this horse is not with us, nor is it on the way.
        Sorry about that,

Pip Quinn

Racing Secretary
        Gordon Elliott Racing
        Twitter seems to think Chev Park have bought this. Had horses with Henry & Willie last year too.

Comment

Isnt Gordon Elliott Racing the name of the a syndicate rather than the stable?

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
            Isnt Gordon Elliott Racing the name of the a syndicate rather than the stable?
            Gordon Elliott racing club have a diff email addy

Comment

A few on my radar, only backed Mick Pastor so far.

Obviously really early in the season, but Fujimoto Flyer @ 50/1 looks a fair animal. Won well in Auteuil LTO, beating some potentially good horses in the process (including form ties with Messagere, below).

And I'm not sure whose colours it will run in (possibly Ricci) but Gamin Original was purchase by Harold Kirk, in May @ Auteuil. Can't seem to get a price for that one yet. Waiting on a couple of bookmakers to get back to me still.

Be interesting to see which French horses are the subject of decent bids from these waters, a horse that looks to have serious potential is the filly Messagere, again no price for this yet, and probably unlikely to be unless purchased.

This is only basic information, so any further info would be great, if anyone knows!
              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 10 September 2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Is Mick Pastor this year’s JP horse that turns up and wins the Triumph trial at every Cheltenham meeting so we all get excited by our fancy prices then it’s nowhere on the actual day?

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                  Is Mick Pastor this year’s JP horse that turns up and wins the Triumph trial at every Cheltenham meeting so we all get excited by our fancy prices then it’s nowhere on the actual day?
                  I would have thought so, though as Scooby has rightly pointed out, and with what happened to Pic D'Orhy, more and more horses are being brought in from France, and late on too. So with regards to the actual festival, I'd say it would be best to bide time with this market, though Mick Pastor is an obvious shortener, if things go to plan in the trials!

There are a few fairly decent looking animals running in France currently, as noted in the previous post, any one of them, or something else entirely could end up here!

Pentland Hills only debuted over hurdles in late February, before then I'm not sure he was on anyone's list! After all, he was just an average flat horse!
                  Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 11 September 2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Around 10 or so years ago, before the big investment started in juveniles, Alan King used to have a good record in the race. He has a horse called The Olympian who has been sold to J.P. McManus and this could be the horse to bring him back into the mix again. He’s by a new sire with no jumps progeny to reference but he looks like he could be a nice type if they go jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                      Around 10 or so years ago, before the big investment started in juveniles, Alan King used to have a good record in the race. He has a horse called The Olympian who has been sold to J.P. McManus and this could be the horse to bring him back into the mix again. He’s by a new sire with no jumps progeny to reference but he looks like he could be a nice type if they go jumping.

Interesting second time have seen him mentioned in recent days - snippet below from a blog I read. Credit @Jimbo_JumpsMan

JP McManus wasted little time in snapping up this exciting juvenile hurdle prospect following 3 good efforts on the flat last summer and, although I’m not mad about Juvenile hurdlers, I feel that he is worth taking a small interest in now given his connections.

This chestnut son of Olympic Glory placed second at both Windsor and Goodwood before landing a class 3 event over 1m2f at Newmarket in October 2018. The runner-up, namely Travel On, gave the form a boost when winning his next start by 5 lengths. While the third home, Mind The Crack, won his next two starts by a combined distance of 8 lengths.

The Olympian hasn’t been sighted since that Newmarket contest which could suggest that he has suffered a setback at some stage. However, it may be that connections simply wanted to give the youngster time to mature and strengthen ahead of his jumping career, which would surely stand him in good stead.

I am prepared to take the risk at 33/1 and am therefore happy strike a small wager now.

Comment

Anyone any clue which of the three year olds Joseph might nick off his dad this year. ??
                        Or are they still upset over last year.
                        Seen some have been priced up already.
                        I've been looking at the breeding and Barbados, Il Paradiso, Constantinople look possibilities, but going through some of the others this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                          Anyone any clue which of the three year olds Joseph might nick off his dad this year. ??
                          Or are they still upset over last year.
                          Seen some have been priced up already.
                          I've been looking at the breeding and Barbados, Il Paradiso, Constantinople look possibilities, but going through some of the others this afternoon.
                          I havent unfortunately. but, micromanage of mullins is a nice flat horse. That could potentially rival them in terms of class. Shame about the price though, was wishfully thinking of 40s or so. Due to not being in the "right"colours.

Micromanage.
                          “I think he'll improve plenty for it. Donnacha liked him and he's ridden plenty of good ones.

“He's a brilliant jumper and schooled only last week. I've schooled him myself and he even jumped as a two-year-old. He's as good a jumper as we've ever had as a three-year-old.”
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Yep, watched his race this morning, looked really nice.
                            price just not tempting enough for me either, but looks a likely type.
                            High flat rating for Mullins and just enough experience.
                            Those Comments likely responsible for the price too.

Comment

Norway could be one, Galileo and Kingmambo.

Comment

Micro Manage looks to have been cut with 365 and Sky. 14s and 16s respectively.

Comment

Working...
                                X