Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    Although I’ve mentioned two Alan King horses for this, He’s not been a player in this for a while and the focus and investment from the Irish has turned the table in recent years.
    He's probably not a trainer that's going to be doing well at Cheltenham in any races.

Perhaps he eyes opportunities away from March now, Talkischeap a decent example? Could have taken in the Ultima, but was saved for the Bet365 Gold Cup at Sandown.

Sceau Royal I'm sure will take his chance, but it's feasible his "best day" this year will come on decent ground somewhere else?

The Glancing Queen won at Aintree, more likely to follow up there this year than make a dent in any of the Novice Hurdles at Cheltenham?

Maybe it's just a hunch without substance, but Alan King would be a negative for me nowadays. Trainers like Harry Skelton and Harry Fry are more interesting for Cheltenham...I think they're on opposing trajectories.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      He's probably not a trainer that's going to be doing well at Cheltenham in any races.

Perhaps he eyes opportunities away from March now, Talkischeap a decent example? Could have taken in the Ultima, but was saved for the Bet365 Gold Cup at Sandown.

Sceau Royal I'm sure will take his chance, but it's feasible his "best day" this year will come on decent ground somewhere else?

The Glancing Queen won at Aintree, more likely to follow up there this year than make a dent in any of the Novice Hurdles at Cheltenham?

Maybe it's just a hunch without substance, but Alan King would be a negative for me nowadays. Trainers like Harry Skelton and Harry Fry are more interesting for Cheltenham...I think they're on opposing trajectories.
      Alan King wouldn’t be a positive for me but also not a negative either. He’s sort of in no mans land with Philip Hobbs where the new brigade you mentioned have started to surpass them. Skelton, Fry and now Olly Murphy would certainly inspire more confidence for sure.

Thanks for mentioning Talkischeap though

Comment

The Glancing Queen would be a serious player in the Mares Novice for me, but Im worried they think shes that good that they will take on the boys

Comment

Sceau royal still a massively under rated horse on here, he's a very good 2 mile chaser. He was only 3rd because daryl jacob quite rightly tried to beat a freak of a horse and slip one early on altior when he hit his flat spot and go for victory, politologue was ridden to pick up the pieces. IF theres no altior in the race, hed have been held together and a handy winner imo.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Sceau royal still a massively under rated horse on here, he's a very good 2 mile chaser. He was only 3rd because daryl jacob quite rightly tried to beat a freak of a horse and slip one early on altior when he hit his flat spot and go for victory, politologue was ridden to pick up the pieces. IF theres no altior in the race, hed have been held together and a handy winner imo.
            Absolutely agree, he was my first antepost bet for the 2020 festival. Im worried they are going to step him up, the Peterborough has been mentioned, although with the Altior news they would be mad not to run in the Tingle and in reality they almost certainly will. Hes a decent bet for the CC at 20/1 for me and ew as well

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
              Absolutely agree, he was my first antepost bet for the 2020 festival. Im worried they are going to step him up, the Peterborough has been mentioned, although with the Altior news they would be mad not to run in the Tingle and in reality they almost certainly will. Hes a decent bet for the CC at 20/1 for me and ew as well
              If they step him up, which i really cant see, they'll drop him again. Hes an out and out 2 miler, no doubt.

Schloer chase, tingle creek .... extremely likely.

And wrong thread......
              Last edited by Scooby91; 22 September 2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
                Twitter seems to think Chev Park have bought this. Had horses with Henry & Willie last year too.
                Robcour are the new owners

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                  Robcour are the new owners
                  And trained by Jessica Harrington (from One Jump Ahead)

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    And trained by Jessica Harrington (from One Jump Ahead)
                    That would make sense as she has trained for them before. They seem to be buying a few horses lately and distribute them.

Comment

Am i right in reading that Gin On Lime has deff gone to Harrington?

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                        Am i right in reading that Gin On Lime has deff gone to Harrington?
                        Yes she has somer1

Comment

Gaspard Du Seuil added for the Triumph 33/1, from the same family as Defi Du Seuil and an impressive flat win on debut he goes in to the book.

Owned now by City Islands owner, Sean Mulryan, I'm not sure where he's been sent but I'd imagine to Martin Brassil again.

Also dded Tombee Du Ciel 33/1, Munir/Souede with Henderson now, from France.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Gaspard Du Seuil added for the Triumph 33/1, from the same family as Defi Du Seuil and an impressive flat win on debut he goes in to the book.

Owned now by City Islands owner, Sean Mulryan, I'm not sure where he's been sent but I'd imagine to Martin Brassil again.

Also dded Tombee Du Ciel 33/1, Munir/Souede with Henderson now, from France.
                            Does it not worry you that fujimoto flyer absolutely sluiced up with invincible dina along way back in 4th.

Comment

As per page 3 of this thread I do also like Fujimoto Flyer, and may well add her aswell. It's a race I'm not too bothered about being mob handed in as long as the prices are right and cash out is available.

Invincible Dina also made a mistake (looked to be a tired jump) at the second last to put her race to bed, weakened a fair bit after that jump when on the bridle before it. Jinked slightly on the landing side too.

I think there are still a few to come from France as market contenders. Depends who is purchased as you have said before.
                              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 26 September 2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Perhaps Mullin's hasn't as good a record in this because he tends to give some of his juveniles a break in their 4yo campaign? He does obviously have plenty of Triumph ammunition but does he hold the better ones back a year?

Comment

Working...
                                X