Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2021 National Hunt Novices Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think for the second time in my life, this is the race I've done the best in ante post.....

However, the first time went tits up

Comment

• As per the RSA thread, but in reverse, Eklat De Rire I felt was worth adding with cash out available at 28/1 E/W.

I'll be surprised if he's good enough to beat Pencilfulloflead (who looks and is a graded 3 miler) over the trip on Sunday, but could stick to the task well and may also look like needing further, as he did LTO, where he kept on strongly at the finish.

On the dams side there is plenty of stamina, so I'd have no fears in that department, and he is so lightly raced that any untold amount of improvement could come from another step up in trip.

Comment

• Galvin in good form, worked well last week.

Galvin is definitely going for it (this race)

Coko will have the option of either race (here or the 3m handicap)

The above from Gordon just now on RTV

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Galvin in good form, worked well last week.

Nice to hear the updates Kev, cheers

Comment

Boooooom Shackalacka!!!

Comment

Sexy update this

Comment

• Job done for Lord Royal in terms of qualifying, little disappointing to be beaten.

Have to say he is a good jumper! He was taking a length of The Big Dog at every fence.

Ruby said beforehand the longer they go the better, which bodes well for this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                  Job done for Lord Royal in terms of qualifying, little disappointing to be beaten.

Have to say he is a good jumper! He was taking a length of The Big Dog at every fence.

Ruby said beforehand the longer they go the better, which bodes well for this race.
                  Yes stayed on very well which was good to see. Big drifter today, so hopefully it was just a case of getting him qualified. This is turning into a really good race though!

Comment

• ....firms not overly impressed with Lord Royal, plenty of red on Oddschecker with 33-1 still available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post

Yes stayed on very well which was good to see. Big drifter today, so hopefully it was just a case of getting him qualified. This is turning into a really good race though!
                      Yeah went 9/4 5/2 before the off after being 11/8 fav.

Was his jumping I was most impressed with.

Comment

• Backed Lord Royal ages ago as my first RSA bet, looks to me now that he will relish this trip and 33 appeals to me.

Comment

• I’ve said before I don’t really like Lord Royal and has been previously overrated by some tipsters but at 33/1 on that run then is a good ew bet seeing he will come here as Willie only has him and Asterion entered for this and AF won’t run.

Comment

• Such a good display of jumping that was, if he can do that at Cheltenham he will stay in the race a long way, and he looked a strong finisher at that distance today, so yes I think 33 ew is fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnage at Taunton View Post
                              Backed Lord Royal ages ago as my first RSA bet, looks to me now that he will relish this trip and 33 appeals to me.
                              I wasn't keen before today but can see the appeal at the prices.

Comment

• Just watched LR back. Job done. Jumped really well and not given a hard race at all. Closing again the line as well. Imagine he's booked his ticket now and will be Mullins number 1. If that's the case he'll be single figures in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X