Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have asked skybet for a price on Ok Corral anyrace and thinking of cashing out Angels Breath (365 Arkle) as looks like staying hurdleing

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      The comment about Chantry House going straight over fences is interesting. I’ve got him in some multiples but with the cashout option.
      Well done JM
      I’ve just burnt £20 arghh
      Mark Howard had no inclination and neither did I !
      Thought hurdles Ballymore
      27/1 Any Race with Billies

Comment

• It's not a definite HP, so not all is lost at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          It's not a definite HP, so not all is lost at this stage.
          Aye with Jp havng a few for novice chases already in champ birchdale, dickie diver and Rathhill and with chantry house still being five I would be surprised if they didnt leave him over hurdles this year bar being unfortunate with injuries at the very least to build up some experience before going chasing next year.

Comment

• I won't be cashing out until I see an entry

Comment

• Surprised at the comment for Chantry House; not Henderson’s usual style to send them straight over fences

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                Surprised at the comment for Chantry House; not Henderson’s usual style to send them straight over fences
                He did skip some bumper seasons with some of his novice hurdlers last year though. I guess if their future is over fences he wants to get them their quickly.

Comment

• One i'll be keeping an eye on is Cobbler's way for HDB and Giggy. He bolted up in a bumper, and it's not often Henry has bumper winners, especially first time up, when he does they tend to be decent.

La Tektor in 2nd is 128 and finished close to useful individuals, the 3rd also won a bumper.

Barry O'Neill said after winning "I knew the horse; we had him at home in Colin Bowe's as a youngster. We always loved him and with the height of him, he's 17 hands, it was good work to be able to run as a four year old and he stayed on well that day (when second in his point to point).

"Henry has since got him and has done a great job with him. I knew when I sat up on his in the parade ring today he was twice the horse, as he was so strong.

"He loves soft ground and anything he does in bumpers or hurdles is going to be a bonus as he's an absolute smashing chaser in the making."

Maybe not for novice hurdles, who knows he might surprise them!

Comment

• Added Beakstown RSA 1pt 56.5-1 WH
                    Took a punt really, looks an obvious chaser and reckon stable really like this horse. Far too big to have achieved much of note over hurdles but still did ok.
                    considered any race at 27-1 but think RSA most likely and odds double.

Comment

• Just thought id mention, Im a bit of a football punter also and its worth noting that firms are still going 1/4 odds first 4 places on top goals scorer markets, Ivan Toney of Peterborough is 4/1 to land the Div 1 scorer, unless hes injured (or i suppose sold) he's a cert for top 4. Ive stuck him in a few EW tricos for the festival, only mentioning coz it seems too good an opportunity to turn down. Obviously he will now get injured or get sold lol

Comment

• For the BigC.
                        There's a horse (ex irish pointer) with Tom George, called....

Let's Go Champ !

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                          Added Beakstown RSA 1pt 56.5-1 WH
                          Took a punt really, looks an obvious chaser and reckon stable really like this horse. Far too big to have achieved much of note over hurdles but still did ok.
                          considered any race at 27-1 but think RSA most likely and odds double.
                          Think he will take all the beating tomorrow (hopefully) - would love to see a monster performance from him. Only thing re antepost Dan Skelton has already alluded to there is a good chance he will end up at Aintree rather than Cheltenham in the spring

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                            Think he will take all the beating tomorrow (hopefully) - would love to see a monster performance from him. Only thing re antepost Dan Skelton has already alluded to there is a good chance he will end up at Aintree rather than Cheltenham in the spring
                            Interesting to note.
                            I'd imagine though that if Skelton thinks he has one good enough, he'd give serious thought to run them at Cheltenham.
                            If not good enough then fair enough.
                            Be frustating if it does really well and he skips the Fez, as I wouldn't be convinced it (skipping the Fez) has solid foundations.
                            Anyhow, getting ahead of myself. It might not be anywhere near good enough.
                            Just a punt at a price.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Interesting to note.
                              I'd imagine though that if Skelton thinks he has one good enough, he'd give serious thought to run them at Cheltenham.
                              If not good enough then fair enough.
                              Spot on I'd imagine and basically what Skelton said, depends on the first half of the season what the later target is. From talking to a few in the know seems to be held in high regard and impressing as of late. Looking forward to seeing himself and West Cork in particular tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                                Just thought id mention, Im a bit of a football punter also and its worth noting that firms are still going 1/4 odds first 4 places on top goals scorer markets, Ivan Toney of Peterborough is 4/1 to land the Div 1 scorer, unless hes injured (or i suppose sold) he's a cert for top 4. Ive stuck him in a few EW tricos for the festival, only mentioning coz it seems too good an opportunity to turn down. Obviously he will now get injured or get sold lol
                                Contemplated this BM and initially thought great idea but the lower the League the more chance top goal scorers may be transferred in January window . Depends on clubs finances when bigger teams come calling
                                Good luck hope it reaps dividends

Comment

Working...
                                X