Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they should go Irish Gold Cup with Faugheen as surely this must be his last season.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone has asked this before but I seem some of you guys with some cracking prices from the betfair exchanges.....iv never use the exchanges though I've been on it. From looking through it I have no idea what I'm doing and how you get these prices.....

Can anyone give me quick brief about how to use it, it would be another string to my bow when wanting to add some obscure horses for certain races.....if you can send me a message as I wouldn't want to derail this thread.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
        I don't know if anyone has asked this before but I seem some of you guys with some cracking prices from the betfair exchanges.....iv never use the exchanges though I've been on it. From looking through it I have no idea what I'm doing and how you get these prices.....

Can anyone give me quick brief about how to use it, it would be another string to my bow when wanting to add some obscure horses for certain races.....if you can send me a message as I wouldn't want to derail this thread.

Thanks in advance
        if you get a reply would you be so kind to forward it to me? dont know where im starting with that haha

Comment

• Upping the ante just been on..
          Gavins latest pick - Allmankind
          DJ - Itchy Feet JLT & Mister Coffey Supreme

Comment

• didnt someone say that Mister Coffey unlikely to go to the festival?

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
              didnt someone say that Mister Coffey unlikely to go to the festival?
              Im sure someone quoted hendo saying theyll take their time with him this year 'one for the future' and all that bollocks. If he were to win a better race next time though they must be tempted.

Comment

• O’leary Saying that they could possible look at handicaps for Samcro....would anyone consider cashing out on him for full stake?, I’m unsure what to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                  Upping the ante just been on..
                  Gavins latest pick - Allmankind
                  DJ - Itchy Feet JLT & Mister Coffey Supreme
                  Gavin - bang on with Allmankind IMO
                  DJ - hopeless. He’s picked a horse hendo said won’t go to Cheltenham and is using rubbish supreme form and a non event at Leicester to make the case for itchy feet. Lazy tipping IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
                    O’leary Saying that they could possible look at handicaps for Samcro....would anyone consider cashing out on him for full stake?, I’m unsure what to do.
                    Where was this quote Sprinter?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
                      Where was this quote Sprinter?

It was on the racing post app.....these are the quotes below.

You can forget the Samcro who we thought was the real deal at one stage, he's not that any more,” O’Leary said.

“Samcro was disappointing again at Limerick and we hope to find something wrong but we probably won't.

“We'll have to probably end up with a handicap mark now as he's going nowhere as a good horse. A good horse, he is not.

“Hopefully he can prove us wrong, but I think we can just forget about him at this stage. As a novice hurdler he was brilliant and he finished his races out brilliantly, but there's something amiss now. Whether he just doesn't want to do it any more or not, I don't know.”

O’Leary said: “He's going from cruising to empty in his races and, in hindsight, there's not a hope in hell that he'd have beaten Fakir D'Oudairies had he stood up in the Drinmore.

“We were thrilled for the most part at Limerick, as we were when watching the Drinmore, but within two strides he was empty. His work is good, his health is good, everything is good bar how he's finishing his races.

"Don Cossack disappeared for a season and a half. We live in prayer and hope that Samcro can come back as well, but it will take prayer and hope. It ain't simple.”

Asked if he could put his finger on any number of possible reasons why Samcro was failing to fire, O’Leary added: “All last season he didn't scope right.

"We got his wind done this season, built a new stable for him and he'd been scoping great, but he goes and does that again at Limerick. He's doing exactly what he did last term.

"Is he hollow? No, because he finished his races out as a novice hurdler. There's something amiss but we don't know what it is. You've got to face reality at some stage.

Comment

• Really shocked at those strong words. He’s given up on the horse by the sound of it.

Comment

• Take everything he says with a pinch of salt.. He said Champagne classic was his worst horse in the yard before winning a grade 1 10mins later.

Comment

• There is definitely something a miss with the horse even I as a massive has to admit that now. Got an amazing cruising speed but just empties literally within a few seconds. I wish I knew the answer as he’s got all you would want from a top class chaser. Very frustrating

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                              Take everything he says with a pinch of salt.. He said Champagne classic was his worst horse in the yard before winning a grade 1 10mins later.
                              I agree, I don't really take too much note of what he says but where do they go with him and what do they change?, sounds like they've tried everything.....I think I might cash out and then re-invest at 12/1 should he get any entry over the same sort of trip (2 and half) in a grade 1 in the future.

I'm losing 3-4 points but I think it's worth it....

Comment

• Is that an O’leary talking down one of their horses!?

I won’t have it! I won’t believe it!

Comment

Working...
                                X