Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't want to open a bumper thread, but

The Newest One.

runs tomorrow in the bumper at cheltenham.
    worst name ever, but I know it'll make some forum members happy.

Wins everything

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      Don't want to open a bumper thread, but

The Newest One.

runs tomorrow in the bumper at cheltenham.
      worst name ever, but I know it'll make some forum members happy.

Wins everything
      Haha, I think that's a great name

I wouldn't if he wasn't out of the same Dam, but at least he's closely related to The New One.

Let's hope he's of similar ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Haha, I think that's a great name

I wouldn't if he wasn't out of the same Dam, but at least he's closely related to The New One.

Let's hope he's of similar ability.
        You can discount Olly Murphy’s Gunsight Ridge anyway, fur coat no knickers type!

Edit: re the champion bumper

Comment

Had similar experience in taxi with owners daughters on way to festival a few years ago.
          Countrywide Flame.
          Told them it had no chance in the triumph
          33-1 kick in the nuts

Best random tip I ever received was at a preview night in London in 2013 that had Dan Skelton on the line up, in his last season with Paul Nicholls. In the Q&A section a guy asked the panel for their thoughts on Salubrious in the Martin Pipe as he was very sweet on him. After a positive smile from Dan we were straight into Coral with our free bet £5 from the night and then ploughed into it on course (although you'd get taken away in a straight jacket if you had any real confidence considering how Nicholls' week had gone).
          Absolutely romped home and if we ever find the guy that gave us the tip he'll get a free night on us in Eroticats

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
            Someone on Skybet has him requested for the RSA and Gold cup (2021) double
            Yeah that was me for a laugh - after his run on Friday I think we can safely rule out any chance of that!

Comment

• I thought Wholestone performed well yesterday. Whilst I don’t think he will be good enough to win an RSA I think he has a decent chance of a place. I got him at 44’s with Hills and think it’s still a bet that’s got hope. He never seems to power up the hill but likewise doesn’t slow up so happy to stick with the odds and hope he stays over fences this season and the race potentially falls apart in the nicest possible way

Comment

• very early days.
                but pertemps qualifier.
                Tobefair, what a horse.
                But if given 4 or 5 lbs.
                Rebecca (fox) Curtis sunset showdown, if campaigned well enough, could be a player in the pertemps come spring time.

Comment

• Slate House very impressive today.

Provided Colin doesn't screw him up any thoughts on an early target for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Slate House very impressive today.

Obviously well treated.
                    Colin will probably try another handicap or two so cheltenham will be tricky.
                    Might get 12lbs for that today.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Slate House very impressive today.

maybe take the result with a pinch of salt today because of the ground? Impressive nonetheless but I'd wanting to watch his next race on nice ground before adding him

Comment

• already backed for betvictor in November and rightly so.

Comment

• The Henderson bumper winner looked really good yesterday. As a four year old in that ground, he stayed really nicely.
                          Very early for a bumper selection but it won really well in what could turn out to be a decent race.
                          pretty sure Fergal's horse is well thought of and the twiston's must like theirs, giving it that name.

I'd be even more interested if they go hurdling this season now.

anyone got any comments from connections etc ?

Comment

• found it easy.
                            hurdles it is then.

Comment

• Burning Ambition running in handicap today under rules.
                              Think that rules him out of the Foxhunters doesn't it ??
                              can't remember the rules off top of my head.

Sure someone on here was keen on him, and thought that he'd been given an educating ride in the race this year ?
                              can't remember who

Comment

Burning Ambition running in handicap today under rules.
                                Think that rules him out of the Foxhunters doesn't it ??
                                can't remember the rules off top of my head.

Sure someone on here was keen on him, and thought that he'd been given an educating ride in the race this year ?
                                can't remember who
                                I was on him big at nice prices in 2018. Didn’t run in it this year as far as I can remember. Should’ve won at Aintree.

I’d be suprised if he won this year as he travelled like the winner in 2018 and came there cruising but seemed to hate the stiff finish of the Cheltenham hill.

Comment

Working...
                                X