Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

County Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is entered in this and the Coral Cup, Nicholls not committing to anything at the moment but as he is only up a 1lb will consider the strength of each race and either go here or wait for aintree

Comment

I forgot that Nube Negra placed last year.... I remember I missed the price and he ended up going off fav - and then just forgot all about him.

40/1 is a bit wild isn't it... is it defo the target?
      Come out of todays race okay?

Comment

Flying Tiger won the Fred Winter in 2017 and went off 6-1fav for this last year. Noticed he unseated today and now hasn't been in the best of form.

7lbs lower than last year on 133 now. Would that get in?

Comment

Added Malaya 25/1 NRNB with SkyBet today.

She was travelling sweetly on the Saturday just gone, where she finished 4th over 3f further than this race. She was keen enough that day so probably didn't quite see out the trip.

I think a stiff 2m is what she needs anyway. She has some nice form, and was running a fair race in a Grade 1, in heavy ground over at Auteuil where, although looking likely to be beat a fair way, she travelled like she was in the race for a long time, before she eventually fell. That was behind Master Dino, a form line I like, a lot.

Paul has said she has an entry for the County in his Q&A last night, whether she runs or gets in is another thing, but NRNB covers that problem.

PN also has a fair record in the race (thanks to Charlie's analysis), 2 wins and 1 place from 16 runners, so no worries in that department.

I have also added her in an 'owners' Friday double with Pic D'orhy for the Triumph.

I have 3 backed in this race now, and that will be it now until nearer the time.

Ivanovich Gorbatov 25/1 - NRNB
          Malaya 25/1 - NRNB
          Nube Negra 40/1

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Added Malaya 25/1 NRNB with SkyBet today.

She was travelling sweetly on the Saturday just gone, where she finished 4th over 3f further than this race. She was keen enough that day so probably didn't quite see out the trip.

I think a stiff 2m is what she needs anyway. She has some nice form, and was running a fair race in a Grade 1, in heavy ground over at Auteuil where, although looking likely to be beat a fair way, she travelled like she was in the race for a long time, before she eventually fell. That was behind Master Dino, a form line I like, a lot.

Paul has said she has an entry for the County in his Q&A last night, whether she runs or gets in is another thing, but NRNB covers that problem.

PN also has a fair record in the race (thanks to Charlie's analysis), 2 wins and 1 place from 16 runners, so no worries in that department.

I have also added her in an 'owners' Friday double with Pic D'orhy for the Triumph.

I have 3 backed in this race now, and that will be it now until nearer the time.

Ivanovich Gorbatov 25/1 - NRNB
            Malaya 25/1 - NRNB
            Nube Negra 40/1
            .....I recall folk on here suggesting Malaya for one of the Aintree handicaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
              .....I recall folk on here suggesting Malaya for one of the Aintree handicaps.
              Quite possibly so, but she has an entry and 25/1 NRNB is plenty enough juice for me to have a go.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Quite possibly so, but she has an entry and 25/1 NRNB is plenty enough juice for me to have a go.
                I'm hoping she goes under the radar and is available at a massive price if she runs.

Comment

Bennys Bridge

Added today at 25/1NRNB - Sluiced in at Cheltenham last time - that form looks ok & already near fav for the Imperial Cup!

This is the only handicap entry (Can’t see it running in the Supreme - only other entry) Smacks to me of an old fashioned plot to try and land the bonus like M Pipe used to do.

Won’t be anywhere near 25s if it lands the Imperial Cup & NRNB safety net if it goes Pete Tong!

Comment

Wonderlaish only entered in this race. An eye catcher lto and still obviously well handicapped to my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Wonderlaish only entered in this race. An eye catcher lto and still obviously well handicapped to my eyes.
                      Just backed that, if UK handicapper adds too much then he'll probably not run.
                      people were talking about champion hurdle for it in Ireland at one point
                      not sure about that but anything in mid 144 - 148 and the race should suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Likely to have Davy on board???
                        If so, would be a massive plus in any form of handicap...

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                          Likely to have Davy on board???
                          If so, would be a massive plus in any form of handicap...
                          Market disappears - we are being watched

Comment

Added Apples Shakira at 20s NRNB. Could be on a decent mark (140) if she rocks up here. Has course form but not been seen a lot this season.

Comment

Uradel has them spooked

Comment

Am i mad that I can't get away from Mr Adjudacator for this? The awful form of last years Triumph and a poor run behind Espoir D'Allen on his last run should put me right off but I can't get away from the thought that they've put the horse away in order to keep it's handicap mark.

I've never forgiven myself for not backing Arctic Fire for this because of the lack of a prep run (albeit a much longer absense).

Comment

Working...
                                X