Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve a bit of a quandary. I put on a 50p Lucky 31 the following horses before the DRF and 3 have them have drifted and 2 have shortened and I don’t know whether to cash out as the cash out is currently same value as Bet.
    Discorama 10/1 NH - now 16/1
    Uradel 16/1 CC - now 10/1
    Monalee 8/1 Ryanair - now 9/1
    Tiger Tap Tap 9/1 TH - now 14/1
    Dallas De Picton 12/1 MP - now 8/1

I’ve lost my confidence in Tiger Tap Tap after his DRF run, he was out paced and smashed by the horses in front. Was that a bad day at the office and he can do better at Cheltenham or should I cash out and relay bet with a replacement for TTT???

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I'd personally prefer him out of the 2 in the martin pipe. He can find improvement for the step up in trip. And his marks fair.
      He could step up but I thought he was a 2 miler after the weekend. He travelled really well into the straight and maybe got beat by inexperience. Probably one for NRNB.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
        He could step up but I thought he was a 2 miler after the weekend. He travelled really well into the straight and maybe got beat by inexperience. Probably one for NRNB.
        I didn't think they tried too hard, and it'll get in the county easier off 136.
        touch and go for M Pipe off that mark

Comment

Interesting I have him down for wanting a step up. And will improve for it. I could be wrong.
          But yes deffinately nrnb.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I think you might well have missed your day with him. He was 8/1 the day before in a weak looking race, void of quality at the weekend. He would be running of a considerably higher mark here than he was at the weekend against what will be much better horses with plenty ahead of there mark. he's only a couple of pts bigger with a far harder task. I won't be following him in here personally.
            Scooby, I am using part of my 8/1 winning on Dallas Des Pictons at the weekend, to recycle into the 16s and 14s for the Martin Pipe, so job done for me with following Gordy’s UK phantom Handicap entries to get marks. Like that he went in with the same two horse at Cheltenham Trials Day, and then again this Monday for Newbury Saturday Card. Seems clear that both Dallas Des Pictons and Eclair De Beaufue are his plans for Cheltenham handicaps. Both ran well, and are improving. Can see Dallas in this race taking the lead or close to, and hopefully helping the owners continue to pillage the race. Only quoted by 365 in the Pertemps, and at present not qualified with only 3 qualifiers left, I would be surprised if he were to put him out again, when he has the right mark for this race.
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Interesting I have him down for wanting a step up. And will improve for it. I could be wrong.
              But yes deffinately nrnb.
              Seventh run of the season, all over 2m, I’m not sure it’s that interesting.

Comment

Gigginstown don’t mind moving horses around in trip, and 3 mile winners aren’t neglected in the roster of winners in this race.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Seventh run of the season, all over 2m, I’m not sure it’s that interesting.

I think he's ran him every time at 2 to get his mark. Then step up with that mark. And therefore have improvement in him.

"I'd say he's improving the whole time. I like the way he quickened from the home turn,” reflected Elliott in the aftermath.

“Jack made plenty of use of him as he stays well. I'm very happy with him.

“I think he'd even be better over further as he wouldn't have to force it as much"
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Certainly not been campaigned the same way as Gordon’s other fancied horses for this race over the years. Noble Endeavor, The Storyteller, Flawless Escape and Blow By Blow all ran over the trip or further during the season.

Comment

Added Betameche to the market with 365 & taken 25/1

His current OR is 124 what is a good estimated mark to make the cut for this race generally lads?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                        Added Betameche to the market with 365 & taken 25/1

His current OR is 124 what is a good estimated mark to make the cut for this race generally lads?
                        136 was the cut off last year I think

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          136 was the cut off last year I think
                          Needs a big run at Wetherby on Tuesday so, always had him marked after his bumper form & he’s been slowly showing his old sparkle over hurdles lately

Comment

I know a few of us on here are hoping the jonjos run Tedham here
                            I think he needs to go up a few pounds to be sure of getting in
                            He will need an entry soon
                            Unless they fancy the imperial cup bonus

Comment

Nick Gifford will look to step Didtheyleaveuoutto up in trip on his next start after earmarking two potential options at the Cheltenham Festival.

The Findon handler is considering running the JP McManus-owned six-year-old in either the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle over an extended two and a half miles or the Coral Cup, after he failed to feature in the Betfair Hurdle at Ascot on Saturday.

Gifford said: "I think the fallout from Saturday was that he answered a few questions.

"I had a few niggling doubts about him over two miles and he has shown he is not quite good enough in that grade over that trip and he now wants stepping up.

"He got away with it in his bumpers and his first two novice hurdles over two miles, but at the next level up he is clearly not quite up to it.

"I should think JP and his team will have a plan. The Martin Pipe looks an obvious race or there is the Coral Cup. I think he would slot nicely into one of those handicaps."

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                                Nick Gifford will look to step Didtheyleaveuoutto up in trip on his next start after earmarking two potential options at the Cheltenham Festival.

The Findon handler is considering running the JP McManus-owned six-year-old in either the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle over an extended two and a half miles or the Coral Cup, after he failed to feature in the Betfair Hurdle at Ascot on Saturday.

Gifford said: "I think the fallout from Saturday was that he answered a few questions.

"I had a few niggling doubts about him over two miles and he has shown he is not quite good enough in that grade over that trip and he now wants stepping up.

"He got away with it in his bumpers and his first two novice hurdles over two miles, but at the next level up he is clearly not quite up to it.

"I should think JP and his team will have a plan. The Martin Pipe looks an obvious race or there is the Coral Cup. I think he would slot nicely into one of those handicaps."
                                I quite like him for a handicap. Where would you prefer him Innoko?

Comment

Working...
                                X