Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
    I quite like him for a handicap. Where would you prefer him Innoko?
    Not sure Bobby, not one I've ever had on my radar, but he would certainly be unexposed at the new trip!

Comment

Are the hcap entries this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
        Are the hcap entries this week?
        Thursday maybe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
          Nick Gifford will look to step Didtheyleaveuoutto up in trip on his next start after earmarking two potential options at the Cheltenham Festival.

The Findon handler is considering running the JP McManus-owned six-year-old in either the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle over an extended two and a half miles or the Coral Cup, after he failed to feature in the Betfair Hurdle at Ascot on Saturday.

Gifford said: "I think the fallout from Saturday was that he answered a few questions.

"I had a few niggling doubts about him over two miles and he has shown he is not quite good enough in that grade over that trip and he now wants stepping up.

"He got away with it in his bumpers and his first two novice hurdles over two miles, but at the next level up he is clearly not quite up to it.

"I should think JP and his team will have a plan. The Martin Pipe looks an obvious race or there is the Coral Cup. I think he would slot nicely into one of those handicaps."
          Shock horror he’s stepping up in trip. Only 3 races too late

Comment

No Palmers Hill

Comment

No Tedham
              Been a bad few days for me

Comment

Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                No Tedham
                Been a bad few days for me
                Very surprising one. Looked like he weas being lined up to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Very surprising one. Looked like he weas being lined up to me!
                  Huge surprise imo
                  Quoted as being best horse in the yard
                  Any reasons given?

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts on Early Doors for this?

Comment

• Anyone clever enough to work out/guess the jockeys for the principals in this
                      Realize it could be difficult with the new rules ruling out the better jockeys

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                        Anyone clever enough to work out/guess the jockeys for the principals in this
                        Realize it could be difficult with the new rules ruling out the better jockeys
                        DJ Mc? Riding a nice bit for JP?
                        Last edited by Folski; 22 February 2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                          DJ Mc? Riding a nice bit for JP?
                          Yeah,perhaps Dylan Robinson on fav for Gordie

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                            Anyone have any thoughts on Early Doors for this?
                            I've backed him Any Race with Coral Cup in mind...

So obvously of interest here too.

Nicely campaigned up in grade...

Comment

• Surprised that Eliott has stated there is a loophole and Donagh Meyler is allowed to ride in this
                              I wonder if they are only counting his winners up to the time they made the rule change and not now
                              And if the loophole will allow any other jockeys to ride that we thought could not

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                                Surprised that Eliott has stated there is a loophole and Donagh Meyler is allowed to ride in this
                                I wonder if they are only counting his winners up to the time they made the rule change and not now
                                And if the loophole will allow any other jockeys to ride that we thought could not
                                Based on what he told us away from the crowd and then the mention he gave to everyone including the part about DM riding i had my biggest single of the festival on Dallas in this.
                                Cant believe i'm having it on a handicap but there you go!

Comment

Working...
                                X