Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stupid Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Chris View Post
    Is there a better one to do? Planning to do forecast and tricast bets on all of the handicaps with a couple of mates this year and interested to know which is the more lucrative way. I can use the Tote on course for the 1st three days, but could also take a fixed price online with Bet365 for instance. Do some bookies pay more than others? Add bonuses etc?

….i always play the Tote Exacta on the handicaps, I think it tends to pay more. I got the Boodles Reverse Exacta with Jazzy last year which was a nice start. I’ll be doing placepots as well, indeed the ‘win’ often pays more than ‘sp’ on handicaps at the Festival.

i was thinking of opening a Tote thread this year but I imagine most posters are on-course.
    Last edited by Eggs; 6 March 2024, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

….i always play the Tote Exacta on the handicaps, I think it tends to pay more. I got the Boodles with Jazzy last year which was a nice start. I’ll be doing placepots as well, indeed the ‘win’ often pays more than ‘sp’ on handicaps at the Festival.

i was thinking of opening a Tote thread this year but I imagine most posters are on-course.
      I used the tote website for these as well - might be worth the thread still Eggs

Comment

….i always play the Tote Exacta on the handicaps, I think it tends to pay more. I got the Boodles Reverse Exacta with Jazzy last year which was a nice start. I’ll be doing placepots as well, indeed the ‘win’ often pays more than ‘sp’ on handicaps at the Festival.

Worth noting they are removing the 10% bonus this year so differences might be smaller than they were. Any little helps though and I think they've still got the SP guarantee so should still work out well

Comment

• Someone will have the data for this but in basic terms the popular selections would return less on the pool. So for forecasts you'd be thinking same owner / trainer, or previous form tying in with each other type bets might be better away from the tote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjy23 View Post
            Someone will have the data for this but in basic terms the popular selections would return less on the pool. So for forecasts you'd be thinking same owner / trainer, or previous form tying in with each other type bets might be better away from the tote.
            …..I think that’s right. The bigger priced ones in the handicaps tend to pay more. I might have a look back at last years handicap tote returns if I get a chance later.

Comment

Think a daily placepot thread might be good fun. Can get exciting with a few decent results early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bumble View Post

Think a daily placepot thread might be good fun. Can get exciting with a few decent results early.
                …Okeedokee, I’ll set one up later.

Comment

• Morning all. It always gets to this time of year and I always forget....

What are the Decs for Cheltenham? 1 week? 6 days? 3 days? 1 day? and where is the best place to see them come in "live"?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by callhimgamblor View Post
                    Morning all. It always gets to this time of year and I always forget....

What are the Decs for Cheltenham? 1 week? 6 days? 3 days? 1 day? and where is the best place to see them come in "live"?

Thanks
                    6 day entry confirmations begin today for the tuesday, and 48hr decs begin Sunday for the tuesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

6 day entry confirmations begin today for the tuesday, and 48hr decs begin Sunday for the tuesday
                      Ah great, thanks.... and the best place to see them? (Aside from in a thread on here or twitter which are my two alternatives) - BHA website?

Comment

• Originally posted by callhimgamblor View Post

Ah great, thanks.... and the best place to see them? (Aside from in a thread on here or twitter which are my two alternatives) - BHA website?

Comment

• If you had an ante post bet on a horse that's been scratched, then supplemented ... do you have a leg to stand on?

Had American mike for the BANC back in November at 25/1 - bets settled as a loser.

Anyone experienced this before?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            If you had an ante post bet on a horse that's been scratched, then supplemented ... do you have a leg to stand on?

Had American mike for the BANC back in November at 25/1 - bets settled as a loser.

Get on live chat Kev - that's still a runner and therefore an open bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              If you had an ante post bet on a horse that's been scratched, then supplemented ... do you have a leg to stand on?

What a brilliant Question.

Comment

• I had the same scenario still showing as unsettled with BFSB

Comment

Working...
                                X