Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    Biggest bet I ever had till that point was on the Don for that Ryanair. He was unlucky not to finish nearer as his mistakes (which he was prone to at the time in his career) were at the wrong time in the race and he was squeezed up badly in the last couple of fences I recall whilst staying on really well. If you watch the race again he was unlucky and showed how good he was subsequently to frank this.
    Wether he'd have got to Uxizandre is another matter.

Uxizandre another example of a Mcmanus horse out of form that goes to Martinstown (for magic grass) and comes to cheltenham a different horse. He ran like he was on drugs that day and was Mccoys best chance of a winner in his last festival.
    Binocular, Ivanovich Gorbatov to name a couple
    Controversial I know, just my theory.
    I do love playing devil's advocate but I completely agree with Don Cossack, was on myself that day. Robbed! Don't need to watch it back, etched in my memory haha.

Love a contrverstial theory.... Buveur D'air on the magic grass to put Samcro away?

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
      If Charbel is a big player what does that make Politologue? Beat Charbel conceding 6 lbs. I can't see Politologue in the Gold Cup and Nicholls wont swerve Cheltenham with his best horse.
      Does Politilogue's Cheltenham form not worry you? It's a notch below the best of his form.

Comment

If Charbel is a big player what does that make Politologue? Beat Charbel conceding 6 lbs. I can't see Politologue in the Gold Cup and Nicholls wont swerve Cheltenham with his best horse.
        I think it's releative to their price.

Politilogue has a better chance than Charbel, but Charbel was 33/1 and looks to have improved since being beaten by Politilogue.

If Politigloue was 33/1 as well, I imagine everybody would prefer Politilogue to Charbel

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I do love playing devil's advocate but I completely agree with Don Cossack, was on myself that day. Robbed! Don't need to watch it back, etched in my memory haha.

Love a contrverstial theory.... Buveur D'air on the magic grass to put Samcro away?
          yes............

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kevloaf;84569]
            Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
            Quite easy to make an argument last year's was won by a horse that stays better than UDS. He did finish 1.25 Ls off the winner in the Lexus after all.

Vautour stayed 3 miles as did Dynaste...quite a few have stayed well?

The argument for Min winning would be down to having more class than his rivals IMO.[/QUOTE]

I assumed you've read none of my posts Jack, as my angle has been that last sentance at least 3 times

and yes, a few have stayed well, a few also haven't been good enough despite staying well, like Don Cossack, Valsuer Lido, Road To Riches....

aaaaand, Un De Sceaux clearly didn't run to form last year, and if we're using Balko Des Flos as the benchmark, Min just throttled him!
            Sorry nope i hadn't haha- UDS didn't run to form for me because over 2m5 on soft, he runs out of gas!

I can see the Min angle, and especially at a lot of your nice prices, but for me he's one i wouldn't be confident on come the day- and as i've missed any sort of price i am happy to make my angles vs him now.

Will jump, travel the best, hit 1.5 in running, and bottom out just after the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Does Politilogue's Cheltenham form not worry you? It's a notch below the best of his form.
              Of course it does but I don't see any logical explanation for it. It travels and jumps well. It comes down to price at the end of the day. 20/1 was too big. I can't knock the Min bet either.

Comment

I think it's releative to their price.

Politilogue has a better chance than Charbel, but Charbel was 33/1 and looks to have improved since being beaten by Politilogue.

If Politigloue was 33/1 as well, I imagine everybody would prefer Politilogue to Charbel
                Owners being a little superstitious about Charbel at cheltenham by the looks of it. Fell twice there and likes flat tracks is bullshit.
                Of all the horses that could go to the front and get them all at it, it's this one.
                Probably closest a horse has come to beating Altior over fences also. Although I will add that the way Altior has ran since probably means it would've ended similarly.

Havinf mentioned hovering for Charbel, I never bothered, but wish I did as he would have an excellent chance of he were to run here.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jack1092;84575]
                  Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Sorry nope i hadn't haha- UDS didn't run to form for me because over 2m5 on soft, he runs out of gas!

I can see the Min angle, and especially at a lot of your nice prices, but for me he's one i wouldn't be confident on come the day- and as i've missed any sort of price i am happy to make my angles vs him now.

Will jump, travel the best, hit 1.5 in running, and bottom out just after the last.
                  Too busy on the wrong forum to read the "quality" on here

Fair enough, I see your point - I'd be the same.

I've actually be anti-Min for 2 seasons, it's funny to be in the other camp.

He's been over rated for aaaaaaages ... I'm hoping THIS RACE is his level....

and FM, while I agree on paper the Ryanair looks good now.... it just won't come the day. I don't think Percy will scare anything off, as the Gold Cup is the Gold Cup..... and anything not good enough to beat Altior is, well, every single horse...but it doesn't mean they're any better than Min. Min was a 2nd on merit last year in the QMCC, which I imagine will be the strongest piece of Cheltenham form of anything in the race.

Comment

Of course it does but I don't see any logical explanation for it. It travels and jumps well. It comes down to price at the end of the day. 20/1 was too big. I can't knock the Min bet either.
                    20/1 is a really nice price. I like him a lot but his course form is nagging away at me.

I'm going to watch his JLT and Champion Chase runs again at half time in this football match.

Comment

• I think the flat track argument is a bit of a myth in most cases. Charbel 33/1 was a great bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        20/1 is a really nice price. I like him a lot but his course form is nagging away at me.

I'm going to watch his JLT and Champion Chase runs again at half time in this football match.
                        Richarlson to score home to Watford must have been 1/10

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kevloaf;84578]

and FM, while I agree on paper the Ryanair looks good now.... it just won't come the day. I don't think Percy will scare anything off, as the Gold Cup is the Gold Cup..... and anything not good enough to beat Altior is, well, every single horse...but it doesn't mean they're any better than Min. Min was a 2nd on merit last year in the QMCC, which I imagine will be the strongest piece of Cheltenham form of anything in the race.
                          in 2016, the prospect of Cue Card, Don Cossack and Vautour lining up in the GC , ended up with a Gold cup with only 9 runners.
                          15 ran in the Ryanair, that Vautour defected too.
                          10 ran in champion chase, but was an unusual year with three returning champions an odds on favourite and around four others who's finished second in the past.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kevloaf;84578]

I'm not against Min Kev, in fact quite the opposite, but I do think this will be a deep race.

Comment

Richarlson to score home to Watford must have been 1/10
                              I wasn't keen when we signed him but I've gone full circle, he's head and shoulder above the rest of our forwards. A bit like Min in the Ryanair

Comment

• Didnt realise you were a bluenose FM. Glad I never mentioned the derby now

Comment

Working...
                                X