Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Good luck with that.
    The joy of cash out means it won't really cost me if I have called it wrong. I'd rather back the two of them in a race I think they could win, with the fall back of getting my stake back, rather than in a race I think neither have a chance in (albeit Ive had a smaller saver on SL for the GC just because I love the horse and couldnt leave her unbacked).

Comment

• I also think Gordon knows he cant beat Percy with SL, but the horse could win a Ryanair.

Comment

• Shattered Love is a Gold Cup horse. They've made no secret that they wanted to go for it this year and Elliot reiterated yesterday that nothing had changed and he would train her for the Gold Cup. Besides, if you watch yesterday's race - it screams Gold Cup. They want Shattered Love to do a Dawn Run and Monalee just won't beat Min.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
          Absolutely not COD. I also believe Monalee and Shattered Love will go for this race... which demotes Min to 3rd and Politologue out of the places.
          You're banking on Monalee bouncing back and showing improved form. I hope he can, him + SL both need to actually run here...Fair chance at least one of them will, but Min is probably a cert to avoid Altior.

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
            Shattered Love is a Gold Cup horse. They've made no secret that they wanted to go for it this year and Elliot reiterated yesterday that nothing had changed and he would train her for the Gold Cup. Besides, if you watch yesterday's race - it screams Gold Cup. They want Shattered Love to do a Dawn Run and Monalee just won't beat Min.
            Yesterday didn't scream GC to me delsie. It was a slow run 2m4f where the speedier horse who quickened up best won it.

3m2f around Cheltenham against really battle hardened stayers is a completely different ball game. The GC is normally won in the last furlong.

I know they've said all along she will be trained for the GC... Thats fair enough. Im just taking an opposing view.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              Not serious, surely?

Cheltenham is one of, if not, the stiffest tracks around, check his record for the course.

Aside from his record, his own trainer has come out and said he feels he needs a 'flat' track to perform to his best, on more than one occasion.
              I meant compared to Min.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                I massively respect Min and I'm not knocking his impressive return in the John Durkan, but 2m is his best trip and he will be vulnerable to others in the race over 2m5f at chelt IMO
                How much better was his second in the Champion Chase than his win in the John Durkan?

Comment

• Proper forum splitter this one isn't it

This notion that Shattered Love beats Min if they rematch in the Ryanair is being taken for granted...

If she does run here she's not certain to beat Min and reverse the form.

Min has superb Cheltenham form too, and his 2nd in the CC is better than winning a JLT isn't it?

I think Min has shown he does stay the intermediate trip now and he's in excellent hands.

If we're only taking about price then it's different, as ever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Proper forum splitter this one isn't it

This notion that Shattered Love beats Min if they rematch in the Ryanair is being taken for granted...

If she does run here she's not certain to beat Min and reverse the form.

Min has superb Cheltenham form too, and his 2nd in the CC is better than winning a JLT isn't it?

I think Min has shown he does stay the intermediate trip now and he's in excellent hands.

If we're only taking about price then it's different, as ever!
                    Not sure it's taken for granted, just that the pace of the race combined with a stiff finish would really help her. You could also argue it might not suit Min quite as well.

Obviously Min's CC is better than a JLT, but you can't knock a mare that's first season over fences produced a JLT win. She has to step up, but she looks as if she will be able to. Whether its the ryanair or GC who knows!

Comment

• Before last season, Willie said that he wouldn't have a problem with Min going up in trip and I doubt that the Durkan will have changed his mind. As ever, he'll make multiple entries and make his mind up at the last minute to maximise his options.

It always surprises me when people assume that they know how 'it works' at Closutton. Patrick, Ruby and, increasingly, David Casey have their say but Willie makes the final call. Ruby's injury record would suggest that they won't go anywhere near organising the horses around his availability but there's also the complication in Ireland that they'll be doing their damnedest to get the jockeys' title for Paul.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                        Before last season, Willie said that he wouldn't have a problem with Min going up in trip and I doubt that the Durkan will have changed his mind. As ever, he'll make multiple entries and make his mind up at the last minute to maximise his options.

It always surprises me when people assume that they know how 'it works' at Closutton. Patrick, Ruby and, increasingly, David Casey have their say but Willie makes the final call. Ruby's injury record would suggest that they won't go anywhere near organising the horses around his availability but there's also the complication in Ireland that they'll be doing their damnedest to get the jockeys' title for Paul.
                        Bang on, the cash out availability on decs days and when B365 shut it down could be a key factor for some on here.
                        Can anyone remember exactly how B365 played it last year.
                        For example, using Min - Assuming they don't state a definite target.
                        On the Monday Morning of DEcs for the Wednesday, and you're sat on a good value price for Ryanair.
                        If declared for Champion, what would B365 do ? as it could technically run in both.

Anyone have Douvan last year for both ? And what did they do with the Ryanair bet ?
                        I would have though they'd suspend cash out early that morning.

Comment

• Nicholls doesn't know why Politilogue hasn't finished off his race at Cheltenham. He mentioned the tongue-tie first used at Aintree might help.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                            Bang on, the cash out availability on decs days and when B365 shut it down could be a key factor for some on here.
                            Can anyone remember exactly how B365 played it last year.
                            For example, using Min - Assuming they don't state a definite target.
                            On the Monday Morning of DEcs for the Wednesday, and you're sat on a good value price for Ryanair.
                            If declared for Champion, what would B365 do ? as it could technically run in both.

Anyone have Douvan last year for both ? And what did they do with the Ryanair bet ?
                            I would have though they'd suspend cash out early that morning.
                            You'd know before then.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Can't remember
                              Did we know Douvan was going Champion ?

Comment

• Kevin Blake's opinion on the John Durkan and Min on the podcast

Comment

Working...
                                X