Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    Think that's a really good call/idea
    I was interested for the weekends race as I thought it did really well to beat/claw back Baron last time.
    Yes very tempted by Coral's 6/1 for this weekends race as a bit of an each way thieves bet. Anyone know if Min is turning up?

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
      Nice write up Viking Flagship. Speaking of 33/1 shots, I like Willoughby Court as an EW play for this. After having jumped left a bit on chase debut he jumped really well in the Ladbrokes Novices' Chase at Newbury. He is somewhat forgotten having missed the festival this year where he was a strong favorite for the JLT. That was due to suffering from pus in a foot so there is very little cause for concern for this campaign. I'm not worried he was ruled out of his intended comeback at Carlisle in early November because he had cut himself in his box - little cause for concern there. I know the Irish have a tremendous record in the race and dominate the top of the market, I think this fella will slowly creep into contention and be cracking value come March providing he remains sound. Definitely one for the EW acca's and maybe even Mayo's Millions!
      Cheers Charlie. Willoughby Court was one of my first AP bets last year and I was gutted when he was pulled out. Will def be keeping an eye on his progress this year.

Comment

• I agree Willoughby Court is very much a forgotten horse... 33/1 with Bet365 looks a very sound bet to me.

Comment

• Willoughby Court definitely of interest. Backed it in the Neptune and the JLT.

Comment

• Am i the only one that thinks the Charbel form tie with Baron Alco whilst looking superb on paper is slightly flattering and Baron wouldn't of been spot on first up ? Still impressive granted but i feel everyone has seen it and now thinks he's a 160+ horse?
            Last edited by Outlaw; 21 November 2018, 05:42 PM. Reason: word*

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
              Am i the only one that thinks the Charbel form tie with Baron Alco whilst looking superb on paper is slightly flattering and Baron wouldn't of been spot on first up ? Still impressive granted but i feel everyone has seen it and now thinks he's a 160+ horse?
              You're definitely right that most will have flagged it,
              but not sure you can be certain baron wasn't spot on, no matter what trainer or anyone says. If it had bombed the other day at cheltenham they's have said it bounced and/or didn't like the ground.

Comment

Nice write up Viking Flagship. Speaking of 33/1 shots, I like Willoughby Court as an EW play for this. After having jumped left a bit on chase debut he jumped really well in the Ladbrokes Novices' Chase at Newbury. He is somewhat forgotten having missed the festival this year where he was a strong favorite for the JLT. That was due to suffering from pus in a foot so there is very little cause for concern for this campaign. I'm not worried he was ruled out of his intended comeback at Carlisle in early November because he had cut himself in his box - little cause for concern there. I know the Irish have a tremendous record in the race and dominate the top of the market, I think this fella will slowly creep into contention and be cracking value come March providing he remains sound. Definitely one for the EW acca's and maybe even Mayo's Millions!
                Defintiely made a case for Willoughby Court early on in this thread myself.

Waiting eagerly for some news on him regarding where he's going to be running next. He'll definitely go under the radar despite being a previous distance festival winner.

Has there been a negative update regarding him, he was 25/1 with 365 earlier in the summer - I have a screenshot of it.

Comment

• The Hennessy hopefully

Comment

• Another one you'd have to hover over this weekend is Benatar - a standout 40s with 365 as well. It's been mooted he was Moore's first choice for the BetVictor Gold Cup and he's got some excellent pieces of form.

Pulled way too hard in last years JLT and came home ahead of Kemboy and Finian's Oscar still for 3rd.

Anyone like him at 40s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Another one you'd have to hover over this weekend is Benatar - a standout 40s with 365 as well. It's been mooted he was Moore's first choice for the BetVictor Gold Cup and he's got some excellent pieces of form.

Pulled way too hard in last years JLT and came home ahead of Kemboy and Finian's Oscar still for 3rd.

Anyone like him at 40s?
                      Exactly what I thought earlier, two (benatar & charbel) to have in the antepost betslip ready for the race saturday for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                        The Hennessy hopefully
                        If he wins the Hennessy then surely he'll head for the Blue Riband?!

Comment

Pus in his foot, wouldn't he have been seen again if that was the only setback he had?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Another one you'd have to hover over this weekend is Benatar - a standout 40s with 365 as well. It's been mooted he was Moore's first choice for the BetVictor Gold Cup and he's got some excellent pieces of form.

Anyone like him at 40s?
                            I like Benatar Kev. Unsure of he is up to the level required myself but he is a horse I like, and I'm sure there are worse prices around for sure.

Comment

• Two nice horses, i’m a fan of both, and either might well make the frame. However, can’t see either winning a Ryanair

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                I like Benatar Kev. Unsure of he is up to the level required myself but he is a horse I like, and I'm sure there are worse prices around for sure.
                                I'm tempted to back him now.

If he loses, will they push him out for the Ryanair? Probably not? so the cashout should still be there?

Win and shortens and I'll be on one I like?

Comment

Working...
                                X