Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'd probably have to bomb out bad to be pushed out further than 40's?

I do like Benatar. The key positives for me are:

- Placed in the JLT meaning he has festival form in his locker means 40/1 is big.
    - JLT form is stacking up well
    - Not only did he pull way too hard in the JLT but he was also found to be lame in left hind after the race. Amounted to a huge run.

Couple of negatives that have been putting me off backing him for a few months now:

- Needs to prove he is able to settle much better. That wasn't the case at Newton Abbott for his seasonal debut. Until then even when he runs a big race, he'll face the same outcome as his JLT run in a place finish at best.
    - Gary Moore is a decent trainer but i'm wary that he can settle a horse and keep their ability. Henderson and Mullins are masters at doing so but many struggle and to me he hasn't proved he can do so. Ar Mad - also trained by Moore is another who has been far too keen throughout his career and that has never really improved - he's 8 years old now and still has the same traits as he did when he came onto the scene as a 5 year old. Can't think of the name but i'm sure there's another similar type they had who pulled hard and was too keen who never settled.

Comment

• Benatar being lame in his left hind explains what I’ve just witnessed upon rewatching the race and the horse is all over the shop when running, would be surprised if he put two steps in the same direction in the straights

Anyway I’ve just taken the 80.0 for Invitation Only and if my one bet of the day comes in tomorrow I’ll top up if any more comes available. Think 2.5 up the hill is perfect for him
      Last edited by Hurricane fly; 21 November 2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• This thread has been going around in circles since Jono suggested Monalee as a standout prospect. Shattered Love being the only potentially more exciting contender for me! Willoughby Court doesn’t attack his fences enough for me far too cautious and he was proven to be running against duds last season in the lead up to the JLT!

Comment

• I have backed Ballyoisin for Champion Chase but if he comes to festival would have thought this an easier target. He won his point to point over 3 miles and had won over 2m5f and 2m4f this season.

Comment

• Willoughby Court has had its wind tweaked.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
              I have backed Ballyoisin for Champion Chase but if he comes to festival would have thought this an easier target. He won his point to point over 3 miles and had won over 2m5f and 2m4f this season.
              Brian Gleeson ?, Bookie on itv racing (usually ascot / big meetings ) Gave Le richebourg of J.p's for this race Mayo.??.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                Brian Gleeson ?, Bookie on itv racing (usually ascot / big meetings ) Gave Le richebourg of J.p's for this race Mayo.??.
                JLT surely? Certainly a big player in the Drinmore if he goes there.

Comment

• Added the other one i like. Top notch at 28/1 .
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                    If anyone's keen on Le Richebourg he's 20s any race with WH. Some bookies are shorter than that for both Arkle and JLT, and this way you're covered for the handicap route too.

Not a bet I've placed, but something I happened to spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                      If anyone's keen on Le Richebourg he's 20s any race with WH. Some bookies are shorter than that for both Arkle and JLT, and this way you're covered for the handicap route too.

Not a bet I've placed, but something I happened to spot.
                      Thanks. Ive taken that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Added the other one i like. Top notch at 28/1 .
                        Oh dear

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                          Oh dear
                          And hes going for the Peterborough.

Comment

And hes going for the Peterborough.
                            Perfect. Thats one major lay for the fez

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                              Perfect. Thats one major lay for the fez
                              He's massively over priced.
                              Watch footpads run last time and watch top notch's run at ascot. I'd be adamant he's suffered an injury there, nicky said he wasnt right since and he missed chelt and aintree. he's a lovely jumper before that and after that when he came back at Sandown and won a decent race very easily. Look at his back form. I'd give him a huge chance in the ryanair. And a chance in the gold cup.
                              The stats don't bother me at all.

Comment

He's massively over priced.
                                Watch footpads run last time and watch top notch's run at ascot. I'd be adamant he's suffered an injury there, nicky said he wasnt right since and he missed chelt and aintree. he's a lovely jumper before that and after that when he came back at Sandown and won a decent race very easily. Look at his back form. I'd give him a huge chance in the ryanair. And a chance in the gold cup.
                                The stats don't bother me at all.
                                Cant have him in any race at the fez. Good luck with him Scooby.

Comment

Working...
                                X