Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Noted this somewhere on the forum too Archie, though with the exact detail just the difference in times. 9lb and 4.3s is a fair amount!
    makes apples jade look really fast at 3m 44 the day before on worse ground.
    I'd say 4 secs is not enough, and the weight difference is hard to compute.
    Some people ignored an 18 second time difference with Vision D'honnuer

Comment

• Originally posted by monkfish View Post
      This comment from Henderson not been overlooked?

"The plan is to come back to two, I would think. We’ll see what happens tomorrow."
      I don’t think so, Henderson has been clear in repeating this. The difference today though is the owner says they don’t want AI and AB running against each other, a change of view from previous comments...it’s that which complicates things

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        makes apples jade look really fast at 3m 44 the day before on worse ground.
        I'd say 4 secs is not enough, and the weight difference is hard to compute.
        Some people ignored an 18 second time difference with Vision D'honnuer
        She would have to be to be at the head of the market for a Champion Hurdle wouldn't she?

Worse ground not a problem, she stays further anyway so that wouldn't blunt any speed she has. She was 16 lengths ahead of 2nd, she was quick!

Maiden Hurdles are not run at the same pace as Grade 1's, so I'd be much more inclined to ignore the time difference of them than a Grade 1 personally, and I'm not just saying it to support my case, it is how I see them. I'm not saying SE couldn't win in a quicker time but their must be questions over FD being 2nd favourite for the Supreme when a horse better than him is already 4 seconds slower (albeit based on a small sample) than the 3rd favourite for the race.

There are plenty of variables so I'm not taking it as literal maths in finding the winner but it is something worth noting IMHO.

Comment

She would have to be to be at the head of the market for a Champion Hurdle wouldn't she?

Worse ground not a problem, she stays further anyway so that wouldn't blunt any speed she has. She was 16 lengths ahead of 2nd, she was quick!

Maiden Hurdles are not run at the same pace as Grade 1's, so I'd be much more inclined to ignore the time difference of them than a Grade 1 personally, and I'm not just saying it to support my case, it is how I see them. I'm not saying SE couldn't win in a quicker time but their must be questions over FD being 2nd favourite for the Supreme when a horse better than him is already 4 seconds slower (albeit based on a small sample) than the 3rd favourite for the race.

There are plenty of variables so I'm not taking it as literal maths in finding the winner but it is something worth noting IMHO.
          I find it interesting that she got awarded an RPR of 168 from the RPR which is behind Buveurs effort at Toon and Paisleys at chelt . Thought at weekend Apples looked the most destructive performance this season so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
            I find it interesting that she got awarded an RPR of 168 from the RPR which is behind Buveurs effort at Toon and Paisleys at chelt . Thought at weekend Apples looked the most destructive performance this season so far.
            I think she was fantastic at the weekend and more impressive than PP. Buveur D'air was electric in the fighting fifth so I couldn't really split them. If Apples Jade turns up in that form there ain't a horse on the planet that can beat her giving her 7lb .

**Apologies, just noticed this is the supreme thread

Comment

Last year, the spring juvenile was a lot quicker than the Deloitte, that samcro won.
              I remember Kealy making a big thing about it. It was the main reason I backed Farclas as I thought he would be the most likely to stay on the best in the triumph.

My thoughts on the irish supreme horse this year are that I think they might be second best, but I can't really quantify it to be honest I just have the feeling. I'd have thought the same had Quick grabim stayed fit and won at the weekend, and I was holding 50's about him. I have 25s Klassical dream now, but I don't think I like KD or aramon as supreme winners.

Comment

• Has everyone lost faith in Annamix altogether after her debut in Limerick? Surely he was entitled to that run and likely to improve for the run?

Comment

• Would have liked another entry to have any confidence

Comment

• Had one in Down Royal, which probably lowers my confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zipiter View Post
                      Has everyone lost faith in Annamix altogether after her debut in Limerick? Surely he was entitled to that run and likely to improve for the run?
                      All my Annamix bets will be cashed out if HE has no entries by 15th Feb tbh.

Comment

• I take it you all know - but no Angels Breath tomorrow as all racing cancelled due to equine flu outbreak

Comment

• Never mind tomorrow.....this could have an impact on the Festival and rest of NH season

Comment

• NJH Blog

Angel’s Breath jumped five hurdles yesterday and you’ve never seen a horse faster in your life – he was like an arrow, so it’s particularly disappointing that he doesn’t get to run at Huntingdon,

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                              NJH Blog

Angel’s Breath jumped five hurdles yesterday and you’ve never seen a horse faster in your life – he was like an arrow, so it’s particularly disappointing that he doesn’t get to run at Huntingdon,
                              Just came on to post that.

Never seen anything faster !woooo

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Just came on to post that.

Never seen anything faster !woooo
                                2 miles please

Comment

Working...
                                X