Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Folski View Post
    1988 the last time an 8 year old champion won as a 9 year old. Anyone worried about that stat?
    What age was Moscow Flyer when he regained it? Just a coincidence rather than a solid stat.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      What age was Moscow Flyer when he regained it? Just a coincidence rather than a solid stat.
      11yo. Moscow Flyer v Azertyuiop v Well Chief... that wasn't a bad renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
        11yo. Moscow Flyer v Azertyuiop v Well Chief... that wasn't a bad renewal.
        Bad jump at the water ditch cost Azer....and myself

Comment

You might just as well say that the unseat cost Moscow Flyer the year before. I think he beat Azertyuiop every other time they met.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            You might just as well say that the unseat cost Moscow Flyer the year before. I think he beat Azertyuiop every other time they met.
            Azer would of beat him anyway that year

Was there for both races, the difference in atmosphere from one year (the fall) to the next (the regain) was quite something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              When Saint Calvados hacks up in the Tingle Creek, Altior will be forced here
              Footpad has the impossible task of trying to give him 2lb tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
                Footpad has the impossible task of trying to give him 2lb tomorrow
                Haha

I hope Saint Calvados gets Footpad off the bridle this time around our the 50/1 might as well be 5000/1

Comment

Looking forward to seeing foorpad in action

Comment

Well that was pretty bad from Footpad. Hope he's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Right, we're on page 4 and nobody has mentioned the QMCC winner yet.

Saint Calvados 50/1 is a joke of a price.

His form was impressive and progressive last year, for me he's the best 2 mile chaser in the UK.

If (and this won't be an if that gets past everybody) you put a line through the Arkle run, which I would say is perfectly acceptable to-do, as Petit Mouchoir and Saint Calvados clearly both lit eachother up through the race at various times, then he's a wild price for this race isn't he?

His price contracted to 11/4 2nd fav in the Arkle due to the ground... it's a shame he didn't run his race. The ground not "likely" to be soft is a concern, but he's 50/1 - and it might be soft again. (And the trainer was happy enough to let him go for the Arkle on better ground too)

The main problem is that Altior won't be beaten on merit by him, and for all that he didn't give his running, I can't see him beating Footpad on merit either ... but, he is 50/1.

Footpad might not run and Altior is 7/4 and I am not going to run scared of one horse this far out.

Altior was only 24 hours away from missing the race last year, and if anything did happen to him, every horse will likely half in price over night.

Saint Calvados was a wild price for the Arkle at 100/1 and even though it didn't pay out, I think he's been under-estimated again for this season.

You don't need many positives to back a horse at 50/1 in my opinion either... I'd fancy him against literally every other UK based 2 miler in the country bar Altior and let's be honest, if he won the Champion Chase and I hadn't backed him I'd never forgive myself.

50/1 e/w Saint Calvados
                      Couldn't help myself

Comment

No ruby's best day

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                          No ruby's best day
                          Surely not Ruby's fault. The horse never jumped and made a number of blunders.

Comment

Tycoon Prince far too close there to st calvados. Left the 33s.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Footpad looked nothing like the same horse as last year there. Even so think they may well try the King George with him now surely?

Fair play to Saint Calvados and Kev's shout

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                No ruby's best day
                                Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Surely not Ruby's fault. The horse never jumped and made a number of blunders.
                                Fallen on purpose to force the owners up in trip

Comment

Working...
                                X