Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
    I'm not in the Lalor camp but he is obviously better than that. Put in a poor jump and was suddenly 15 lengths behind. It wasn't a good decision to run and it wasn't the best ride holding it up on soft. 8/1 is an awful price though.
    Oooh, I agreed until the last sentance.

Kalshnikov has won two eeffective walkovers, so Lalor has a stronger piece of form and it's over course and distance?

If I was starting fresh now, I'd take 8/1 Lalor over 4/1 Kalashnikov every day of every week.

6/1 for Mengli Khan would probably tempt me over either .... other than that, you're backing a horse you haven't seen jump a fence yet I'm guessing.... so awful price seems a little OTT?

Comment

• They've cut everything for the Arkle. Nothing appeals at the prices now. Dynamite Dollars 10/1, Getabird 10/1, Klashnikov 7/2. I'm done with the race now.

Comment

• Has anyone seen the price of Mengli Kahn for the racing post novice on boxing day 4/5 ??
        I assume he's been confirmed to run but still ??
        Voix du reve 4-1 against odds on Mengli seems way off to me.
        And Ornua's form ain't that bad really.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
          Has anyone seen the price of Mengli Kahn for the racing post novice on boxing day 4/5 ??
          I assume he's been confirmed to run but still ??
          Voix du reve 4-1 against odds on Mengli seems way off to me.
          And Ornua's form ain't that bad really.
          All about Voix Du Reve

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Do you have a line in to the yard WC1?
            I have to confess a connection to the yard which does leave me open to thoughts that I would have a natural bias towards this horse. But when it comes to hard cash that goes out of the window. I backed him heavily at Cheltenham as most things were in his favour...I advised anyone I knew not to invest last weekend as pretty much everything was against him. I'm convinced that he will go for the Arkle...its a once in a lifetime horse and chance to run in the race.

Comment

• I know plenty of us are on Cilaos Emery, so I hope I am going to be wrong, but with the novice chasers that Willie had at the beginning of the season do you think some may of been held back for the latter festivals during the season (Aintree & Punchestown)?

CE's best runs have arguably come @ Punchestown, so in my mind it makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                I know plenty of us are on Cilaos Emery, so I hope I am going to be wrong, but with the novice chasers that Willie had at the beginning of the season do you think some may of been held back for the latter festivals during the season (Aintree & Punchestown)?

Not really sure it's that- just the ground hasn't allowed him to have them as ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                  Not really sure it's that- just the ground hasn't allowed him to have them as ready.
                  Had considered this, but VDR has been out twice, Getabird has now been out and no entry for Cilaos Emery as of yet, just got me thinking further.

Comment

I know plenty of us are on Cilaos Emery, so I hope I am going to be wrong, but with the novice chasers that Willie had at the beginning of the season do you think some may of been held back for the latter festivals during the season (Aintree & Punchestown)?

Relax same for chante neige. Blackbow. Annamix. The good ones will be out in good time
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• VDR was out some of the summer- i don't think they considered him a G1 horse at the time.. Wylie even alluded to it on the FFP.

Getabird needs right handed so i presume he was always the one for Punchestown all being well.

No entry yet for CE, but hopefully he will have a few over Xmas (bar the G1)

Normally Mullins good ones are out middle/end of November and that's all been pushed back with the weather.

Comment

VDR was out some of the summer- i don't think they considered him a G1 horse at the time.. Wylie even alluded to it on the FFP.

Getabird needs right handed so i presume he was always the one for Punchestown all being well.

Normally Mullins good ones are out middle/end of November and that's all been pushed back with the weather.
                        Might have one at 12.30 today . Won't be long. Same for annamix / blackbow

they normally leave the good mares longer like limini and chante neige already had a run in France with stormy Ireland so they know what they have.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

VDR was out some of the summer- i don't think they considered him a G1 horse at the time.. Wylie even alluded to it on the FFP.

Yeah, I'm aware when they usually come out, and had noted about the weather in other threads so fully aware they are behind.

I guess I was also considering CE's best line of form is at Punchestown, along with the lack of an entry (though with excuses), could lead them to hold him back, as the trainers title will no doubt come down to the Punchestown festival, and if, say, Getabird/VDR are good enough for the Arkle/JLT, why not spread his horses.
                          Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 11 December 2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Might have one at 12.30 today . Won't be long. Same for annamix / blackbow

they normally leave the good mares longer like limini and chante neige already had a run in France with stormy Ireland so they know what they have.
                            Yeah, I seem to accept it more with the novice hurdlers, but less so the novice chasers, not sure why.

The main entry I will be looking for will be the Arkle @ Leopardstown.

Comment

Yeah, I'm aware when they usually come out, and had noted about the weather in other threads so fully aware they are behind.

I guess I was also considering CE's best line of form is at Punchestown, along with the lack of an entry (though with excuses), could lead them to hold him back, as the trainers title will no doubt come down to the Punchestown festival, and if, say, Getabird/VDR are good enough for the Arkle/JLT, why not spread his horses.
                              I'd say the lack of entries for some of Willies exciting novices is almost guaranteed to be ground/weather related COD. The better tracks over here Punchestown/Leopardstown/Fairyhouse are taking a lot longer to soften up than the lesser summer meeting tracks after the 5 week dry spell we had late in the summer.

Willies already more than half a million ahead of Gordon in the trainers championship at a time when Gordon usually has a clear lead. I'd say even Willie quietly knows he has one hand on the title already and doesn't need to keep horses back for Punchestown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                That's positive.

I'd forgive Lalor (I think this has already beens said).....

but you have to just put a line through the run and hope he bounces back next time.

1. Dynamite Dollars improved out of all recognition and is a huge Arkle player?
                                2. Lalor underperformed and Dynamite Dollars improved/ran as well - as previously

Has to be 2?

Agree Kev, maybe he wasn't turned out too quickly, maybe he didn't like the right handed track. Could be a number of things. I think its way too early to write him off on one run like others seem to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X