Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Bar the Grade 1 winners....
    The fav is a 120 rated hurdler.
    Lalor - is fine, but no superstar imo
    Hardline - better over further
    Kalashnikov - stuffed lto and second in one of the weakest supremes I can remember
    Paloma Blue - also out of the poor supreme and has hardly enhanced his reputation this season.

I can't see any of these fighting it out in the Champion Chase next season but I may be wrong. I am often wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      The fav is a 120 rated hurdler.
      Lalor - is fine, but no superstar imo
      Hardline - better over further
      Kalashnikov - stuffed lto and second in one of the weakest supremes I can remember
      Paloma Blue - also out of the poor supreme and has hardly enhanced his reputation this season.

I can't see any of these fighting it out in the Champion Chase next season but I may be wrong. I am often wrong
      I couldn't even see Le Richebourg laying a glove on next seasons Champion Chase let alone this lot. (though he would have won this)
      Cilaos Emery was the only one I would have expected could have at least given a good go at it.

Prediction for next year...none of this years Arkle field will even line up in next seasons CC (will be running either over further or in handicaps)

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
        I couldn't even see Le Richebourg laying a glove on next seasons Champion Chase let alone this lot. (though he would have won this)
        Cilaos Emery was the only one I would have expected could have at least given a good go at it.

Prediction for next year...none of this years Arkle field will even line up in next seasons CC (will be running either over further or in handicaps)
        That's how I see it Jono. In my opinion, this will be the worst Arkle in 20 years.

There's still a winner to be found though.

Comment

• My opinion too guys.

Incredibly poor, but something has to win it.

Comment

• Le Richebourg would have been too short on soft.

Comment

• Cilaos Emery wins next years Arkle doesn't he?

Comment

Cilaos Emery wins next years Arkle doesn't he?
                He won't be a novice next year will he?

Comment

• Beating getabird, riders on the storm and Jetz on soft looks decent enough form no? Even coming third to LBAR on unsuitable ground doesn’t look that bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post

Your prediction may be correct...I think Lalor may need half a mile further next year. Though by winning the Arkle the hands may be tied to running in the CC. I know RW always thought ultimately two and a half miles would be his optimum trip....we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                      He won't be a novice next year will he?
                      Draconein

I need to go to sleep

Comment

Draconein

I need to go to sleep
                        Jesus I wasted some serious points on him ffs

Comment

• The first day NAP in Racing Post in this race....

Preference is for HARDLINE (nap), who has a good form chance on two Graded-race wins in December. This race promises to suit him ideally

Articulum
                          Naas win latest; that's useful form but more is definitely needed here

Clondaw Castle
                          Lightly raced 7yo who is progressing well over fences; this race is significantly tougher

Duc Des Genievres
                          Significant improvement when thrashing some decent rivals at Gowran; shortlisted

Glen Forsa
                          3 from 3 chasing; won well in 3-runner Sandown Grade 2 (near 2m) latest; versatile; claims

Hardline
                          Claims on wins at Navan (2m1f) and Limerick (2m3f Grade 1) in December; strong contender

Kalashnikov
                          Jumping is in for big test here; there's a suspicion that a bit further would suit better

Knocknanuss
                          His form is good enough for place possibilities but a fall last time is off-putting

Lalor
                          Big chance if running to same level as when clearcut winner of C&D Grade 2 in November

Ornua
                          Very useful novice switched to fences this season; each-way claims

Paloma Blue
                          This demands a good bit more and he'll definitely need to smarten up his jumping

Slate House
                          Second at Newbury (2m4f) last time; a lot more is needed and others are much preferred

Us And Them
                          2nd in Grade 1s at Leopardstown; possible he could run on from off the pace into a place

Comment

• All is well and all systems go for Lalor...Can't wait for the race now.

Comment

• Racing Post NAP Hardline.
                              That'll do for me.
                              I always had him down as a JLT horse, I think it was boopa who called his trip right.

Off to pack my bag. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by westcountry1 View Post
                                All is well and all systems go for Lalor...Can't wait for the race now.
                                Best of luck WC - hope he runs a great race your yourself and all connections. There won't be a dry eye in the house if he gets his head in front.

Comment

Working...
                                X