Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been looking through this again as whilst I have a couple of points on GF, I can’t help feeling that he is a weak fav and whilst like many of others on here find the race uninspiring, there must be another angle. I’d previously discounted DDG on grounds of its run behind CE and that clearly he was considered some way behind that one. However if CE was running in this now, I think he would be a nigh on certainty and perhaps by employing the front running tactics they have finally found the key with DDG... in all of his previous races where he has often flattered to deceive, he has been held up off the pace. Add into this his arguable career best effort at the Fez last year, I think 7s is generous... probably be more like half the price if Ruby was up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Best of luck WC - hope he runs a great race your yourself and all connections. There won't be a dry eye in the house if he gets his head in front.
      Thank you very much...in some ways it will be a difficult day as we all wish Rich was still with us to live the day with us...but his belief in this horse lives on through all that have a connection to him. I can't wait to watch Lalor storm up the hill tomorrow...

Comment

• I've backed Lalor at 33/1 so hoping for a good showing, but says a lot about this year that I'd probably only come out of the Arkle about evens...

My main fancy is Hardline. Would not have been near the top of the list two months ago, but he's going to appreciate the ground and actually he's got some of the best graded chase form left in the race (with Getabird, LBAR etc). If it gets really soft I can see Duc Des Genievres going well but I think the trips probably on the short side... but he did come second in a soft ground Deloitte

All in all I think I'm buggered on this race anyway but first day bullishness has me wading back in

Comment

• Excluding places... for me to make profit in this race I need Lalor, Hardline or Slate House to win...

Which given I'm starting 35 pts down in non runners, is pretty remarkable

Best of luck with Lalor WC

Comment

• wish you all the best WC1 with Lalor, i think the whole of the racing public (and beyond) will be cheering him on regardless. We'd get a crowd around the parade ring similar to sprinter's, when he snatched back his crown

Comment

• Hardline is going to shorten isn't he.....

Sporting Life:

The Arkle sees its biggest field since 2010 and a far more open contest than usual (last four favourites have won, all at odds-on). One element of the race that should be guaranteed is pace with several of these looking likely to go forward including the leading contender Glen Forsa who looks assured in the jumping department. A well-run race is sure to suit two of the Irish contenders in HARDLINE and Duc De Genievres both of whom have scored over further. The former is a powerful traveller whilst the latter represents Willie Mullins who has trained three of the last four winners. Testing ground would prove a problem for Lalor while Kalashnikov needs to bounce back from a poor run last time.
              1. Hardline
              2. Duc Des Genievres
              3. Glen Forsa

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Hardline is going to shorten isn't he.....

Sporting Life:

The Arkle sees its biggest field since 2010 and a far more open contest than usual (last four favourites have won, all at odds-on). One element of the race that should be guaranteed is pace with several of these looking likely to go forward including the leading contender Glen Forsa who looks assured in the jumping department. A well-run race is sure to suit two of the Irish contenders in HARDLINE and Duc De Genievres both of whom have scored over further. The former is a powerful traveller whilst the latter represents Willie Mullins who has trained three of the last four winners. Testing ground would prove a problem for Lalor while Kalashnikov needs to bounce back from a poor run last time.
                1. Hardline
                2. Duc Des Genievres
                3. Glen Forsa
                I for one would be very happy with that result!!

Comment

• I’m absolute dead against the horse

But Kalashnikov at 10/1, is he becoming e/w value?

Comment

• Slate House. Is 66/1 too big?

B365 with give you 25/1 with the first 6 places included.

It just seems too big to me.

I can’t find an angle into the race.

I don’t like any of the first few in the market at their prices. I backed and cashed out Articulum. Price has gone on Hardline.

Knocknanuss I like but I fear a pace burn-up.

So, I come down on Us and Them, Articulum and Slate House at each way prices. Not a clue!

Comment

• Hardline has been smashed up. Into 9/2 with Lalor out to 6/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                        Hardline has been smashed up. Into 9/2 with Lalor out to 6/1.
                        ....the going has to be a big negative for Lalor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                          ....the going has to be a big negative for Lalor.
                          He was a grade 1 winner over hurdles on soft at Aintree and ran very respectably over hurdles on soft at Cheltenham, so i'd question it being a big negative.

Comment

• It's so hard to imagine 3 horses coming up the hill STRONGER than Glen Forsa

5/1 is looking at me mocking me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              It's so hard to imagine 3 horses coming up the hill STRONGER than Glen Forsa

5/1 is looking at me mocking me.
                              I've got him in a 1pt treble with Buveur & Delta @ ~80/1

Other than that, I'm just going to suffer if he wins.

Comment

• The Arkle is looking at me like right now

I am soooo out of position it's unreal. I'll be the one cheering on SLATE HOUSE - I have no idea who my AP selection from the start of the season is still going with this one, it MUST be a sign!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X