Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think there may be a rule around beginners chases and calendar years, or at least a cut off point for when you win a beginners chase and/or a novice chase, novice chase bit later I think.
    Last edited by Quevega; 21 November 2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      He's not eligible. Beat up for review last season.
      So he did. I missed that.

Comment

• Anyone like White Moon for this? He was coming with a run to win at Cheltenham on Friday and I'm sure he'll thrive over this trip. I know the Tizzard's hold him in high regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Anyone like White Moon for this? He was coming with a run to win at Cheltenham on Friday and I'm sure he'll thrive over this trip. I know the Tizzard's hold him in high regard.
          Hasn't done enough for me to assess his credentials for a race like this and 33/1 based on that lack of information doesn't appeal. I'd want to see him over 3m first and then make an assessment. Even if he did well I doubt his price would shorten much past 25/1 so at that point I'd make a call on it.

Comment

Anyone like White Moon for this? He was coming with a run to win at Cheltenham on Friday and I'm sure he'll thrive over this trip. I know the Tizzard's hold him in high regard.
            FM,
            The big worry for WM is his trainer when it comes to this race. We've had the jockey problems with EE in this race last season. Im not willing to back any Tizzard horse ante-post for this race.

Im interested in WM taking the Ultima route. The race in fell in at the weekend was won last season by Co Star Sivola who went on to win the Ultima.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
              FM,
              The big worry for WM is his trainer when it comes to this race. We've had the jockey problems with EE in this race last season. Im not willing to back any Tizzard horse ante-post for this race.

Im interested in WM taking the Ultima route. The race in fell in at the weekend was won last season by Co Star Sivola who went on to win the Ultima.
              Would agree, but his staying novice chasers are mounting up, he has Kilbricken Storm, White Moon, Lostintranslation, Drinks Interval, The Russian Doyen & Vision Des Flos as potential or current staying horses. Obviously I suspect some will drop down to the JLT & RSA, but he isn't short that's for sure. I still think Kilbricken Storm will end up here personally, but again, it's purely based on my own theories/knowledge and nothing else.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                FM,
                Coo Star Sivola was actually third to Finians Oscar but the general point is sound.

Around this time last year I found a stat along the lines of placed horses in the November novice chase being worthy of note for the novice handicap at the Festival. Unfortunately, that handicap is so tight that it's difficult to guarantee getting in the race so has to be NRNB or cash out. As the good doctor says, Coo Star Sivola has shown that the open handicaps are also an option.

Comment

So he did. I missed that.
                  Are we sure Some neck is not eligible.
                  Willie clearly mentioned the race after it won the other day and joked that he was surprised Patrick hadn't got it earmarked already.
                  And it's just won a Novice race in November of a new season which leans strongly towards it being a Novice for this season.
                  I'm sure that because the beginners chase (not novice chase) he won was so late in the season (Feb 2018) that he retains his novice status, I'm sure I also remember Willie stating that it was worth going for big handicaps later last season as if he didn't win he's still a novice for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    Are we sure Some neck is not eligible.
                    Willie clearly mentioned the race after it won the other day and joked that he was surprised Patrick hadn't got it earmarked already.
                    And it's just won a Novice race in November of a new season which leans strongly towards it being a Novice for this season.
                    I'm sure that because the beginners chase (not novice chase) he won was so late in the season (Feb 2018) that he retains his novice status, I'm sure I also remember Willie stating that it was worth going for big handicaps later last season as if he didn't win he's still a novice for next year.
                    100% sure....
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

100% sure....
                      Not like you to be bullish Scooby

How come he ran in a novice chase the other day then ?

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                        Not like you to be bullish Scooby

How come he ran in a novice chase the other day then ?
                        Your aloud in Ireland same as Townshend and the horses who ran against death duty last year. And the supreme horse against voix du reve last time.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Your aloud in Ireland same as Townshend and the horses who ran against death duty last year. And the supreme horse against voix du reve last time.
                          It's something along the lines of:
                          In Ireland if you win after the beginning of Feb, you retain your novice status until end of November of the same year...???
                          (Would need to check specific dates, but it is something along those lines... Archie???)

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Would agree, but his staying novice chasers are mounting up, he has Kilbricken Storm, White Moon, Lostintranslation, Drinks Interval, The Russian Doyen & Vision Des Flos as potential or current staying horses. Obviously I suspect some will drop down to the JLT & RSA, but he isn't short that's for sure. I still think Kilbricken Storm will end up here personally, but again, it's purely based on my own theories/knowledge and nothing else.
                            All valid points. I'm off to ask for an Any Race price. I really liked what I saw last week and the Ultima is a race I hadn't considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                              It's something along the lines of:
                              In Ireland if you win after the beginning of Feb, you retain your novice status until end of November of the same year...???
                              (Would need to check specific dates, but it is something along those lines... Archie???)
                              makes sense, think in UK it's end of October,
                              someone needs to tell Willie though, he's making plans

Comment

Pretty much top of my list for horses to watch closely for handicaps FM... I know a friend of Puppy's and he was very, very strong on him at the weekend and absolutely loves the horse. As some have mentioned though, Tizzard is impossible to guess. So will be keeping my powder dry for the time being. Must admit my first thought that was the Ultima though.

Comment

Working...
                                X