Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any race then

as the last 3 posts name 3 different targets

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Any race then

as the last 3 posts name 3 different targets
      Probably runs in the Ultima then

He isn't a JLT horse at all but I'd be happy with any of the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Probably runs in the Ultima then

He isn't a JLT horse at all but I'd be happy with any of the others.
        Yeah, looking at the way he ran the other day, the 2m 4f don't seem right to me. I thought he was gathering the horse nicely.

Comment

• See 'Team Tizzard' on the This Racing Life. Good insight into the yard. They mean business now, sold their cows and want more horses for a crack at the trainers' title. Joe said they are bold with targets and prefer to go for big pots. I suspect if White Moon has been identified as one of their best novice chasers it will end up in the JLT or RSA.

Comment

• As ever, it will depend on how the horse develops, it's not completed a chase yet.
            And how other stablemates get on like Lostintranslation and Kilbricken.
            Then there's the opposition to think of.
            Available jockeys etc etc.
            But as Boopa says, they've sold their cows and mean business, that's what they call a punters edge.

Comment

• I definitely agree regarding the JLT. I appreciate you can make a case he'd have won the race nicely over 2m4f last time, but Power was off the birdle, riding him in to a few fences, he didn't jump as slickly as others for quite a number of the fences and I imagine the further they went the better he'd have been. PRobably similar for Mr Whipped but never been a fan of him.

I do think he'd go RSA but am not as bullish that he couldn't go for the 4 miler.

DIsagree with Joe Tizzard that he's a 2m4f horse tohugh after watching it back a few times.

Comment

• I’ll probably take the plunge on Blow By Blow at 20’s he lost nothing in defeat lto imo...

Gigginstown have a ridiculous army of staying novice chasers this season and I’d hazard a guess Delta Work/Cracking Smart will be there RSA darts! With Champagne Classic/Poli Roi going JLT! Still gutted BBB didn’t go Albert Bartlett last March after cashing out on my Martin Pipe ticket after the weights were revealed!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                  I’ll probably take the plunge on Blow By Blow at 20’s he lost nothing in defeat lto imo...

Gigginstown have a ridiculous army of staying novice chasers this season and I’d hazard a guess Delta Work/Cracking Smart will be there RSA darts! With Champagne Classic/Poli Roi going JLT! Still gutted BBB didn’t go Albert Bartlett last March after cashing out on my Martin Pipe ticket after the weights were revealed!
                  I really like Blow By Blow, as do many on here, however, I struggle to place any of the Gigginstown lot in a particular race yet. I have gone 'any race' on pretty much all of them so far, having been stung by Shattered Love's deferral to the JLT last season. Do not be surprised if they talk up the 4 miler for BBB and then go for the RSA or vice versa!

I agree regarding White Moon, if they are as keen as they seem to appear on him then no way he ends up here, may open up the door for my Kilbricken Storm bet in this!

I am also still intrigued as to the potential target for OK Corral, and his well being, I think he could be a player in this and being JP owned he will have one of the top 2 jockeys on board as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    I am also still intrigued as to the potential target for OK Corral, and his well being, I think he could be a player in this and being JP owned he will have one of the top 2 jockeys on board as well.
                    He's another who I've split my stake between any race and this. He's obviously difficult to train but looks the ideal type for this race to me. His chasing debut is eagerly anticipated.

Comment

I really like Blow By Blow, as do many on here, however, I struggle to place any of the Gigginstown lot in a particular race yet. I have gone 'any race' on pretty much all of them so far, having been stung by Shattered Love's deferral to the JLT last season. Do not be surprised if they talk up the 4 miler for BBB and then go for the RSA or vice versa!

I agree regarding White Moon, if they are as keen as they seem to appear on him then no way he ends up here, may open up the door for my Kilbricken Storm bet in this!

I get your point re placing the Gigginstown lot but to me this stands out for BBB by an absolute country mile. Whilst I have been very satisfied with his two runs over fences to date he has done nothing to make me think they will go RSA and that's reflected by the prices in the market. Because I am convinced he will end up here I have smashed into him ante post, which may seem slightly contradictory as in a previous thread I've said the first thing I look for in an decent AP bet is a clear target, buts it's a bit like you being 100% sure Envoi Allen won't go bumper on a feeling - that's how I feel about BBB with this (hopefully Delta Work and Cracking Smart stay sound). He looks like every inch of 4 miles over fences round Cheltenham will suit and in typing this I have just convinced myself to go back in @ 20/1. Up the BBB!

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                        I get your point re placing the Gigginstown lot but to me this stands out for BBB by an absolute country mile. Whilst I have been very satisfied with his two runs over fences to date he has done nothing to make me think they will go RSA and that's reflected by the prices in the market. Because I am convinced he will end up here I have smashed into him ante post, which may seem slightly contradictory as in a previous thread I've said the first thing I look for in an decent AP bet is a clear target, buts it's a bit like you being 100% sure Envoi Allen won't go bumper on a feeling - that's how I feel about BBB with this (hopefully Delta Work and Cracking Smart stay sound). He looks like every inch of 4 miles over fences round Cheltenham will suit and in typing this I have just convinced myself to go back in @ 20/1. Up the BBB!
                        You and many others on here will likely be right about BBB Charlie, and there is every chance I may eventually follow you all in, the form lines with Next Destination would lead me to believe he has no chance in the RSA anyway, if ND turned up there and that's before he takes on any of the others, I just have nagging concerns about the other Gigginstown potentials.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          Someone has added White Moon to the Ultima betting today. It must have been someone on here, or a lurker!

Guilty F.M.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUEMYCARD View Post
                            Guilty F.M.
                            I thought it was too much of a coincidence

Comment

You and many others on here will likely be right about BBB Charlie, and there is every chance I may eventually follow you all in, the form lines with Next Destination would lead me to believe he has no chance in the RSA anyway, if ND turned up there and that's before he takes on any of the others, I just have nagging concerns about the other Gigginstown potentials.
                              Completely agree re form lines with ND, another thing keeping me quite happy. I see the fact that Gigginstown have Champagne Classic, Cracking Smart and Delta Work as potential RSA horses as a big plus not negative for BBB going 4 miler. We all know the RSA is won by a 'classier type' and I cant help but feel that that's how Gordon views these three over BBB:

Cracking Smart - He’s a horse we think an awful lot of. We thought he was one of the nicest stayers we had last season, but he picked up a setback before Cheltenham. He’s back on track now and the plan is to go chasing.

Delta Work - He looks like one that will make up into a nice staying novice chaser this season. His best run last season was arguably his last one when he was second in a Grade 1 novice hurdle at the Punchestown Festival, so he seemed to get better as the season went on. Hopefully there will be more improvement in him this season.

Champagne Classic - He’s on the way back. His form has worked out quite well in his absence and I think he could be a good horse if we can keep him right. The plan is to go novice chasing with him and he’s probably more of a three-miler.

BBB - He’s in good form. Arguably his best form is on better ground. He’ll start off over fences sooner rather than later and he might end up being one for the National Hunt Chase at the Cheltenham Festival.

*FYI - nobody has paid me to try and convince you ComplyOrDie

Comment

• Been trying to work this one out myself., and think bbb is going n.h.chs, D.w -r.s.a , the other two i don't know
                                But , I haven't got Cracking smart in any bets , so would like to get him
                                in some . probably R.s.a . ??

Comment

Working...
                                X