Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Bacardys over a fence I wouldn't put my worst enemy on him!

You get my point though?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Mall Dini only 16s now NRNB. The right faces must be on.

Festival form for Mall Dini is enough to want him onside at 20s / 16s etc ...
      Just covered it with sky, willies may not run (ballyward) (who knows with bacardys) and go for rsa, patrick riding mall dini in thyestes is a big clue. as someone's already said

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
        Won't Patrick be riding one of Willies though? Ballyward, Bacardys etc..
        This all started with the point that Patrick has chosen Mall Dini over 8 Mullins horses in the Thyestes - Willie's favourite race!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Mall Dini only 16s now NRNB. The right faces must be on.

Festival form for Mall Dini is enough to want him onside at 20s / 16s etc ...
          Definitely agree. Have an overwhelming feeling that if I don't get on he will piss up and i'l look back and think 'that was obvious'

Comment

• Chaps has Blow By Blow been given a mark yet for Cheltenham? (I’m clueless with handicap deadlines, announcements and rules).

I just wanted to see that prior to a small play either for this 4 miler or one of the handicap chases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
              Chaps has Blow By Blow been given a mark yet for Cheltenham? (I’m clueless with handicap deadlines, announcements and rules).

I just wanted to see that prior to a small play either for this 4 miler or one of the handicap chases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                Chaps has Blow By Blow been given a mark yet for Cheltenham? (I’m clueless with handicap deadlines, announcements and rules).

Yes 149 ... so wouldn't get in Kim Muir or Close Brothers.

Or 148? Haha

Comment

• Can't wait to see forum beloveds Mall Dini and Blow By Blow battling it out up the hill......for 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                    Can't wait to see forum beloveds Mall Dini and Blow By Blow battling it out up the hill......for 4th.
                    Haha

Comment

• In all seriousness, Some Neck also has an amateur up tomorrow. If he can't beat Mall Dini getting 4lb (plus the 5lb allowance which I ignore for form purposes) you wouldn't rate Blow By Blow's chances at Cheltenham off levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                        In all seriousness, Some Neck also has an amateur up tomorrow. If he can't beat Mall Dini getting 4lb (plus the 5lb allowance which I ignore for form purposes) you wouldn't rate Blow By Blow's chances at Cheltenham off levels.
                        Regarding BBB, would you would have thought the same about Tiger Roll before he ran in the 4miler? Gordon is well capable of readying one for a big day despite what the formbook tells you. Some horses aren’t consistent all season long but show flashes of class every now and then when they’re properly wound up for a particular race. He falls into that category for me & the slower pace will suit him if he runs here.

Comment

• I certainly don't buy the line that BBB wasn't 100% ready and trying against Some Neck. It was a G2.

Comment

• BBB just isn't that good. His Martin Pipe Handicap win has thrown up nothing of great note either. I backed him 'any race' as a previous winner at the festival and I am hoping, no, I am praying he gets in a handicap somewhere, maybe the Plate, as that is all I can see him good for at the moment.

I agree with Archie, he should be beating Some Neck, he won on debut so he wasn't in bad shape either, so he was ready for the Florida Pearl that he lost, albeit just a neck seperating them.

Tiger Roll is on another level, he was a Triumph winner (that's a Grade 1 btw) on just his 2nd start for Elliott, none of this handicap malarkey with him, and that race has also shown to be a good one for eventual stayer's which Tiger Roll is.

I'm still waiting on that piece of evidence that even remotely suggests BBB stays 3m at the top level, let alone 4m. Remember, with the likes of OK Corral & seemingly Mall Dini in the race this coming season it won't be just a plod round, they will need to have an element of class about them too.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Crikey, he’s not going to be a plot is he!

Surely he has to go for the 4 miler?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                BBB just isn't that good. His Martin Pipe Handicap win has thrown up nothing of great note either. I backed him 'any race' as a previous winner at the festival and I am hoping, no, I am praying he gets in a handicap somewhere, maybe the Plate, as that is all I can see him good for at the moment.

I agree with Archie, he should be beating Some Neck, he won on debut so he wasn't in bad shape either, so he was ready for the Florida Pearl that he lost, albeit just a neck seperating them.

Tiger Roll is on another level, he was a Triumph winner (that's a Grade 1 btw) on just his 2nd start for Elliott, none of this handicap malarkey with him, and that race has also shown to be a good one for eventual stayer's which Tiger Roll is.

I'm still waiting on that piece of evidence that even remotely suggests BBB stays 3m at the top level, let alone 4m. Remember, with the likes of OK Corral & seemingly Mall Dini in the race this coming season it won't be just a plod round, they will need to have an element of class about them too.
                                On all known form he shouldn’t get near Ok Corral (who I am also on) but I just have a sneaky feeling the race will suit him & if he gets into a nice rhythm he’ll perform above expectations on the day in similar style to his Martin Pipe win. At 25/1 I’d probably be happy with a place, he’s definitely not a no hoper in my book, he has a live outside chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X