Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
    Fair point but with Easter being so late this year there's plenty of time between Cheltenham and Fairyhouse to be doing both
    I agree.
    I also can't remember the gap between Fairyhouse and Punchestown being so short so there won't be many running at both, the Irish National card is always strong throughout with a few graded races so it will be interesting to see who has the biggest 'pull' of the two meetings....

Comment

• Can they supplement for this race?

maybe Willie forgot to enter him haha

Comment

• Thanks for that boopa. Well pleased with Ballyward being Mullins only entry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Irish national a huge pull now. It's where the thyestes horses went last year
          Correct. Worth a ridiculous amount of money now.

Comment

• Nice looking race at Naas on Sunday (2:20).

Ballyward, BBB, Discorama and CC all declared.

Interesting to see how CC gets on after over 600 days off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
              Nice looking race at Naas on Sunday (2:20).

Ballyward, BBB, Discorama and CC all declared.

Interesting to see how CC gets on after over 600 days off.
              Very much so. Been waiting a long time to see Champagne Classic over a fence

A strong race for runners that line up here

Jury Duty (gigginstown)
              Mossback (gigg)
              A genieinabottle (gigg)
              Martello Tower
              Pont Alexandre (mullins)
              Foxrock
              Rogue Angel (gigg)
              Tofino Bay (gigg)

All runners in it over the last 5 years to run in this race

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                Very much so. Been waiting a long time to see Champagne Classic over a fence

A strong race for runners that line up here

Jury Duty (gigginstown)
                Mossback (gigg)
                A genieinabottle (gigg)
                Martello Tower
                Pont Alexandre (mullins)
                Foxrock
                Rogue Angel (gigg)
                Tofino Bay (gigg)

All runners in it over the last 5 years to run in this race
                Well I read in to that, that Blow By Blow is very much on the agenda for this race .... as I've bleated on about previously.

Champange Classic would be easily more exciting though. Been waiting for ages for him

Comment

• Hendo let it out the bag. G&P won't be pleased.

I know Ok Corral is running in the 4 miler at Cheltenham but don’t you think the distance would suit Santini a lot more considering that he stays on powerfully?

"Santini isn’t entered in the 4m NH Chase so wont be going that way. Ok Corral is in both and I will say he travelled through Warwick very well and didn’t look like he’s a horse crying out for four miles although I’m sure if you ask Derek O’Connor he will say he definitely wants four miles, so there’s not much point asking him! I suspect we will stick to our guns as, all being well, we have two live chances in each race"

Easy enough to work out the 4.

Rsa santini / OTBS
                  NHC ok corral / mr whipped
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 25 January 2019, 05:30 PM.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Hendo let it out the bag. G&P won't be pleased.

I know Ok Corral is running in the 4 miler at Cheltenham but don’t you think the distance would suit Santini a lot more considering that he stays on powerfully?

"Santini isn’t entered in the 4m NH Chase so wont be going that way. Ok Corral is in both and I will say he travelled through Warwick very well and didn’t look like he’s a horse crying out for four miles although I’m sure if you ask Derek O’Connor he will say he definitely wants four miles, so there’s not much point asking him! I suspect we will stick to our guns as, all being well, we have two live chances in each race"
                    Who are the 2 live chances in each race?

RSA - Santini & ??

NH Chase - OK Corral & Mr Whipped I presume?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Who are the 2 live chances in each race?

RSA - Santini & ??

NH Chase - OK Corral & Mr Whipped I presume?
                      Yes. Owners son had already told me otbs wont go over hurdles. And rsa the plan.

G&P ........

Comment

Yes. Owners son had already told me otbs wont go over hurdles. And rsa the plan.

G&P ........
                        Ah OTBS, forgot about him. Interested to see how he goes next time out as was well off on debut.

Comment

• Hendo referring to OTBS as a live chance in the RSA is rather optimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Hendo referring to OTBS as a live chance in the RSA is rather optimistic.
                            That last run wasn't his true running. Had to get him out and hunt him round over a few fences . You'll see a notable difference.

Comment

That last run wasn't his true running. Had to get him out and hunt him round over a few fences . You'll see a notable difference.
                              He's better than that, there's no doubt but there were no positives to take from it imo.

He had problems last season, ran poorly lto and looked anything but a natural chaser. For Hendo to refer to him as a live chance in the RSA is surprising to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                He's better than that, there's no doubt but there were no positives to take from it imo.

He had problems last season, ran poorly lto and looked anything but a natural chaser. For Hendo to refer to him as a live chance in the RSA is surprising to me.
                                From today

Anything come to light after*On The Blind Side*run on NYD? I see he’s entered up over 3m at Kempton on Monday, and also what are his Cheltenham targets? Cheers!

" i was disappointed with him at Cheltenham where he just wasn’t very sharp. He seems absolutely fine and has schooled well since so will go to Kempton on Monday. He looks as though he wants three miles so that is what we are going to do" NJH

Comment

Working...
                                X