Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
    Imo he doesn't.
    Cant see him in the first four
    I agree with you delsie777

Comment

• I don't think that today's race told you anything that you didn't know already. Clearly a decent tool but a meaningless trial in terms of the Gold Cup.

Comment

• The Irish horses will be too tough. I would take PP, ABP, Kemboy, Bellshill or Shattered Love to beat the English - it's a game of opinions. But as Archie says that race was today was no Gold Cup trial for me.

Comment

• Beaten in his 4 runs at Cheltenham has to be a massive concern to backers. Starchitect was in the process of destroying him before he was fatally injured, and that was CDO running off 155.

I like him but there are very obvious issues with his course form.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
            I don't think that today's race told you anything that you didn't know already. Clearly a decent tool but a meaningless trial in terms of the Gold Cup.
            Can’t agree with that Archie... he needed to back up his KG run and IMO couldn’t have done it any better... travelled like a dream and picked up like a good one.

Comment

• If Cheltenham was right handed, less undulating and more of a test of speed than a test of stamina then Clan Des Obeaux would be a certainty to win the gold cup.

As it is, THE LEGEND that is ELEGANT ESCAPE has nothing whatsoever to fear here and will beat Clan Des Obeaux like he's his daddy.

Comment

• As for Plodaling Percy that thing stands no chance of completing the gold cup course without having had a run over fences.

Worst gold cup favourite of the last 25 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                  As for Plodaling Percy that thing stands no chance of completing the gold cup course without having had a run over fences.

Beef Or Salmon

Comment

• Come on now, he went off 2/5 and won as he was entitled to do. Nothing new learnt today

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                      As for Plodaling Percy that thing stands no chance of completing the gold cup course without having had a run over fences.

Really
                      What price would you lay Percy then ?
                      And as for elegant escape he would need the gold cup to be run over 7 miles to have a chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                        Really
                        What price would you lay Percy then ?
                        And as for elegant escape he would need the gold cup to be run over 7 miles to have a chance
                        Yeh EE has the chance the bookies have given him and I wouldn't touch 33/1 unless it was very heavy

Comment

• I agree that the only way EE can win is if it is very heavy, but the weather looks set fair for a bit now. Make no mistake though if they are all suffering this horse will win.

CDO wins it for me. If he stays in touch at the last he will show them all a clean pair of shoes. I think Frodon might run the finish out of PP.

If Native River stays with the pace he has a good chance, but i think he might fin one too good.

Comment

• I’m firmly in the Clan Des Obeaux camp too! Was on the fence between himself & Percy for most of the season but the 11/1 available a few weeks ago about Clan Des Obeaux coupled with PP’s lack of value & interrupted prep made my mind up! They both fit the bill of talented improving upcoming 2nd season chasers (CDO is technically 3rd season but is lightly raced enough to fit the bill)! Glad Native River wasn’t in opposition today as a hard race wouldn’t have been ideal for CDO but today’s prep was ideal! He’ll travel & jump for fun and if the grounds not too much of a bog PP & Co won’t be picking him off coming up the hill imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              I only back my own judgement. Personally couldn't care less what the best judges in Ireland think.

It's clear as day he's improved, it was clear as day don cossack had improved. he's been minded all the way up this point, has no miles on the clock.

Imo he wins.
                              I can't see anything beating him.
                              They're not the same horse Scooby. You can't group them together.

His run today just cemented his good run in the King George.
                              But to claim you're only convinced today and have seen a really good one today is a bit odd.
                              He beat horses he should beat easily at big odds on. In style.
                              But that don't make him unbeatable in a gold cup.
                              Unless you're desperate to find something to beat Percy.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                They're not the same horse Scooby. You can't group them together.

His run today just cemented his good run in the King George.
                                But to claim you're only convinced today and have seen a really good one today is a bit odd.
                                He beat horses he should beat easily at big odds on. In style.
                                But that don't make him unbeatable in a gold cup.
                                Unless you're desperate to find something to beat Percy.

The 2nd is no mug what so ever. Tanked all over him. 1 flick of the switch and the way he opened up, I was seriously Impressed.

For me he wins this. As simple as that.
                                I'll be very surprised if he dosent.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X