Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
    Native River showed speed last season at Newbury a track similar to Haydock. He doesn't look the same horse this season.

His only chance is galloping them into submission on softish ground. 5/1 is an awful price wouldn't touch over double that personally.
    Newbury is considered to be more stamina demanding than most courses, not entirely sure why but I know one or two trainers have commented about the track being far more undulating than it appears...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Newbury is considered to be more stamina demanding than most courses, not entirely sure why but I know one or two trainers have commented about the track being far more undulating than it appears...
      That was over a shorter trip. He jumped, travelled and scooted clear with ease. A world away from his performances this season.

Comment

• I still think Shattered Love represents good EW value in this. Happy to forgive its last run at Leopardstown in what was a strange race, she was caught wide throughout and ground still a little lively for her.
        If we get soft ground then I think she is primed to run a massive race in the GC.

Comment

• Interesting tweet on Frodon- for all i don't fancy him...

From Wayward Lad.
          In case you are wondering about the stamina of Frodon, the Cheltenham Gold Cup trip is 3-mile, 2-furlongs & 70 yards. On Saturday, Frodon won over a trip of 3-mile, 2-furlongs & 101 yards.

Comment

• Ruby rides Bellshill over Al Boum Photo

Comment

• Originally posted by monkfish View Post
              Ruby rides Bellshill over Al Boum Photo
              Alboum finishes infront of him.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Hope so, PT on board I guess?

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                  Interesting tweet on Frodon- for all i don't fancy him...

From Wayward Lad.
                  In case you are wondering about the stamina of Frodon, the Cheltenham Gold Cup trip is 3-mile, 2-furlongs & 70 yards. On Saturday, Frodon won over a trip of 3-mile, 2-furlongs & 101 yards.
                  How well do you think he stayed that trip?

I backed him NRNB in case he won thinking he'd have proven he gets the trip well ... I didn't amount for him holding on inconclusively

Comment

• Originally posted by monkfish View Post
                    Ruby rides Bellshill over Al Boum Photo
                    Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Maybe gone with the sounder jumper.

Can't have been an easy call but I'd keep Wylie happy

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      How well do you think he stayed that trip?

I backed him NRNB in case he won thinking he'd have proven he gets the trip well ... I didn't amount for him holding on inconclusively
                      I personally still think he'll be outstayed in a GC- but thought that post was interesting!

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                        Interesting tweet on Frodon- for all i don't fancy him...

From Wayward Lad.
                        Is that not 3m 1f 101 yards ?
                        I know rails were moved but official distance of the race is 3m 1f 56 yards, was the race really extended by 250 yards ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Maybe gone with the sounder jumper.

Can't have been an easy call but I'd keep Wylie happy
                          I'm not even trying to read into who takes what anymore. They seem to be swapping first choice

You'd think Ruby is going to be uber cautious over the next 6 weeks to make sure he's riding at Chelteham

Comment

• I certainly think Ruby's crashing fall on ABP in the RSA might have something to do with it. Once bitten twice shy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                              I certainly think Ruby's crashing fall on ABP in the RSA might have something to do with it. Once bitten twice shy?
                              And what about when Townend's brain fell out at punchestown ?

Comment

• Frodon didn't jump the last like a tired horse. He might have just idled.

Comment

Working...
                                X