Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'm adding Frodon e/w at 33/1 NRNB for the Gold Cup.

I don't expect him to win today, I expect him not to stay and to end up beaten in the Ryanair....

BUT, 33/1 NRNB a shot to nothing in case I am completely wrong?

If Frodon out stays Elegant Escape (Welsh National winner) and Terrefort (3m G1 novice chaser) as well as Valtor (National horse?) and Minella Rocco who has won a 4 miler AND placed in a Gold Cup.... then Frodon is no 33/1 shot.

He's in at favourite today, and I have made cases for Elegant Escape and Terrefort (who are 2nd and 3rd in the betting), so I am almost obliged to, because the market thinks they're better?!

Nothing to lose though
    Yeh makes sense

Comment

• Lovely performance from Frodon. Thought Bryony gave him a fantastic ride.

Comment

• The size of EE. Big old boat him.

Comment

• No way Frodon gets near the frame.... will be on fumes

Comment

• To think he didnt run in the 4 miler last year CoD... the 40/1 vouchers on here

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              To think he didnt run in the 4 miler last year CoD... the 40/1 vouchers on here
              Tell me about it! All because he couldn't secure the 'best' amateur!

Comment

• Sickening isn’t it!! That’s the tizzards for you, absolutely clueless

Comment

• Frodon won’t be anywhere near without an easy lead. Elegant Escape relished the hill but was it just me or did he sort of slow down again when he reached Frodons hind quarters on the run in?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    The size of EE. Big old boat him.
                    Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                    Odds on to place this year for me haha.

I don't think Presenting Certainty will be shaking in his hoofs though ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                      Urgh don't remind me!!

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                      Frodon won’t be anywhere near without an easy lead. Elegant Escape relished the hill but was it just me or did he sort of slow down again when he reached Frodons hind quarters on the run in?
                      On first thought I thought it was just the jockey realising he was beat and didn't want to push him one last time with the Gold Cup in mind

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                        Frodon won’t be anywhere near without an easy lead. Elegant Escape relished the hill but was it just me or did he sort of slow down again when he reached Frodons hind quarters on the run in?
                        He gave up the challenge once he joined Frodon. Doubt that was an empty tank so raises a question over attitude

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                          He gave up the challenge once he joined Frodon. Doubt that was an empty tank so raises a question over attitude
                          I'd have bet loads on him getting past Frodon with an extra furlong to go though...

I feel mixed about that today.... If Frodon was actually worth his rating, the NRNB I took for Frodon, and Elegant Escape and even Terrefort all look nice shouts for the places...

BUT - If Frodon is actually rubbish, all 3 are up in smoke. (Or somewhere in between)

Musings...
                          I didn't expect Frodon to stay well enough today, and I still am not even sure he did stay really well...
                          Elegant Escape is a boat, there is literally no argument I can muster....
                          I think the 40/1 each way was a good bet though still... but I wouldn't fancy him each way

I can see me laying off the win part of all 3 when we get closer to the day.

Comment

• I think something went wrong physically with EE.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                              I think something went wrong physically with EE.
                              What makes you say that?

Comment

• Something stopped his momentum. Either that or Frodon took his ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X