Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no juice in SS now. He's the right price.

Comment

• Comment

• BDD left in

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
          BDD left in
          Willie's superstition.
          Always did that with Quevega.
          Costs these owners some money old Willie don't he.

Even Camelia de cotte left in JLT but declared to run at weekend.

But he has taken out Kemboy & Al Boum from Ryanair.

Quirky.

Comment

• Melon left in too

Comment

• Disappointed to Yanworth still in

Comment

• Andy Holding's nap of the meeting is Paisley Park.

I'm surprised at that to be honest... I wonder if he'll be a shortener or drifter on the day.

My gut says he'll drift because of the money behind Faugheen...

Might become a pretty big price (relatively)

***The reasons he gives are that Paisley Park ran the final circuit quicker than 2 milers did...quicker than Fakir D'oudaries and Birchdale on the same day... on ground that should have been slower.
                ....and is better than Thistlecrack!
                Last edited by Kevloaf; 9 March 2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Am I mad to see Top Notch as a legitimite winner of this? Was impressive in the Long Walk when not fit and looking at the way he ran lto when beating Black Corton I'm surprised they hadn't sent over further sooner

I was big on Faugheen for a while but unusually went off him when Penhill got pulled and people starting talking Faugheen up, just went cold on him. Then I fancied Supasundae but now I can't shake off the niggly feeling that he's missed his oppurtunity last year and had looked laboured this year, even taking into consideration the way Apples Jade made all his opponents look.

Comment

• Don't look any further than Paisley Park. He is a certainty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                      Don't look any further than Paisley Park. He is a certainty.
                      No such thing. Unowhatimeanharry got turned over at 5/6 in this and he was talked up as much as PP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Andy Holding's nap of the meeting is Paisley Park.

I'm surprised at that to be honest... I wonder if he'll be a shortener or drifter on the day.

My gut says he'll drift because of the money behind Faugheen...

Might become a pretty big price (relatively)

***The reasons he gives are that Paisley Park ran the final circuit quicker than 2 milers did...quicker than Fakir D'oudaries and Birchdale on the same day... on ground that should have been slower.
                        ....and is better than Thistlecrack!
                        Interesting. But I find that poor from Holding. The second point is merely a subjective opinion, not actual evidence, and it has no relevance anyway! They ran in different years on different ground against different opposition. It cannot be a reason to back him!

As an aside, I also think it’s a bit rich to say that. Thistlecrack has won the Stayers and won a King George. Paisley Park has not, yet.

Comment

• Is Cracking Smart coming here rather than the Coral Cup? There’s a variety of information out there giving both options.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                            Is Cracking Smart coming here rather than the Coral Cup? There’s a variety of information out there giving both options.
                            Gordon has been talking him up for the Coral Cup at preview nights so I wouldn’t think so.

Comment

• I think tactically this is one of the most interesting races of the week.

Even though he is past his best they can't afford to give Faugheen an easy lead. It has happened many times at shorter trips and again at Punchestown last year. I can't remember him ever being taken on and coming back to win. If the field take some responsibility then there is a good chance he won't even be placed and this might well be his last run.

Aidan Coleman hasn't had much success at Cheltenham and has a pretty one dimensional style. If Faugheen does get loose on the front he can't afford to be too far back waiting for something to happen.

Comment

• Penhill had absolutely no chance lads. Gwan ya good thing, chuffed for the owner

Comment

Working...
                                X