Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DonnyBoy View Post
    I never it would. I said I see KS winning however it pans out and that includes even if PP runs like he did in the Cleeve hurdle. Just a judgement call
    Ah okay, get you now.

Fair enough, hope he does....been a massive price

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Ah okay, get you now.

Fair enough, hope he does....been a massive price
      Exactly.. maybe 1 day we might agree on a horse .. Maybe haha

Comment

• Originally posted by DonnyBoy View Post
        Exactly.. maybe 1 day we might agree on a horse .. Maybe haha
        If we all agreed there would be no value.

Maybe it's because I have a soft spot for Sheffield and I assume you're from Doncaster

...and to be fair, I do like Kilbricken Storm, if you search back you'll see I have backed him at 45/1 so I'll be cheering him on with you

Comment

• You're spot on i'm from Cusworth. Yeah I see your on the horse as well. May the best horse win as long as its KS..

Comment

• Kilbricken Storm the value here now imo. The price of everything behind him in last years stayers tells its own story. Punchestown run pretty solid too.

Comment

• I am going to take Paisley Park on. It was impossible not to be impressed by what he did in the Cleeve, but I am inclined to agree with Boopa that he was flattered by the pace collapse. The JLT Hurdle was absolutely rubbish and when West Approach is repeatedly chasing you home in graded races it says more about the caliber of the race than it does enhance your own credentials. Paisley Park is obviously the right favourite and I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if he took another step forward to win this on the snaff, but he is going to have to vs the likes of Faugheen, Supasundae and Bacardys, who will be a different ball game to leaving the likes of West Approach in behind. Obviously Paisley Park has done more than enough this season to be favourite, but at 5/4 I would far rather back Bacardy’s EW at 16/1. Not only do I think he is capable of placing, I think he is capable of winning. Reminiscent of the ABP V PP RSA fall debate, I am convinced Bacardy’s would have given Penhill a serious question had he not falled at the last, and if you fancied Penill (as I did) at 6/1 how can you not like Bacardy’s at 16’s. Same trainer and solid enough Cheltenham experience. He was 3rd in the Bumper is 2016. He was badly hampered in the Neptune to the point where his chance was robbed and he was pulled up. Victim of circumstance that day. The ground he was making up last year up that hill was eye catching to say the least and I think he has excellent chances to hit the frame. Paisley Park will be punted off the boards like an unbeatable good thing, but I can see him getting turned over and wouldn’t be surprised if a horse like Supasundae or Bacardys were to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                I am going to take Paisley Park on. It was impossible not to be impressed by what he did in the Cleeve, but I am inclined to agree with Boopa that he was flattered by the pace collapse. The JLT Hurdle was absolutely rubbish and when West Approach is repeatedly chasing you home in graded races it says more about the caliber of the race than it does enhance your own credentials. Paisley Park is obviously the right favourite and I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if he took another step forward to win this on the snaff, but he is going to have to vs the likes of Faugheen, Supasundae and Bacardys, who will be a different ball game to leaving the likes of West Approach in behind. Obviously Paisley Park has done more than enough this season to be favourite, but at 5/4 I would far rather back Bacardy’s EW at 16/1. Not only do I think he is capable of placing, I think he is capable of winning. Reminiscent of the ABP V PP RSA fall debate, I am convinced Bacardy’s would have given Penhill a serious question had he not falled at the last, and if you fancied Penill (as I did) at 6/1 how can you not like Bacardy’s at 16’s. Same trainer and solid enough Cheltenham experience. He was 3rd in the Bumper is 2016. He was badly hampered in the Neptune to the point where his chance was robbed and he was pulled up. Victim of circumstance that day. The ground he was making up last year up that hill was eye catching to say the least and I think he has excellent chances to hit the frame. Paisley Park will be punted off the boards like an unbeatable good thing, but I can see him getting turned over and wouldn’t be surprised if a horse like Supasundae or Bacardys were to do it.
                This is a good, well-balanced view that seems to be missing in the preview nights..instead of the headline grabbing lay of the week comments regarding Paisley Park.
                Hoping for a big run from Bacardys too, took 33s when bookies went NRNB

Comment

• This is a race I'm not in a good place with its unlikely any of my ante post bets will run. So looking at it unbiased by my own bets I can't help but feel West Approach is overpriced at 33s. He's twice finished second to PP and in both races finished in front of Top Notch and Black Op who are both half the price. I do think PP is the likely winner but I can't have Faugheen at all he's too short on what he's shown this season and Supasundae doesn't stay 3 miles. So I think there's definitely value in looking at a few at bigger odds who could run into a place.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                    This is a race I'm not in a good place with its unlikely any of my ante post bets will run. So looking at it unbiased by my own bets I can't help but feel West Approach is overpriced at 33s. He's twice finished second to PP and in both races finished in front of Top Notch and Black Op who are both half the price. I do think PP is the likely winner but I can't have Faugheen at all he's too short on what he's shown this season and Supasundae doesn't stay 3 miles. So I think there's definitely value in looking at a few at bigger odds who could run into a place.
                    Lost by half a length to Apples Jade over 3m in the Christmas Hurdle and 2 lengths behind Penhill last year beating 2 grade 1 winners who had won over over 3m. I don't know where the notion Supasundae doesn't stay 3 miles comes from, but I'm not buying it

Comment

Lost by half a length to Apples Jade over 3m in the Christmas Hurdle and 2 lengths behind Penhill last year beating 2 grade 1 winners who had won over over 3m. I don't know where the notion Supasundae doesn't stay 3 miles comes from, but I'm not buying it
                      It's not true at all. He just manages to find one too good over 3m that's all.

Comment

• If you haven’t backed Paisley Park early doors then Kill’en Storm & Bacardys ew for value
                        Imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
                          If you haven’t backed Paisley Park early doors then Kill’en Storm & Bacardys ew for value
                          Imo
                          Have to agree Humble Pie

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            It's not true at all. He just manages to find one too good over 3m that's all.
                            Not his optimum trip is how I'd describe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Not his optimum trip is how I'd describe it.
                              I'd say that's an excellent summation.

Comment

I'd say that's an excellent summation.
                                I’m a Supasundae fan also lads but if there’s more soft than good in the going on Thursday morning I’ll probably plumb for Kilbricken Storm. 3m on soft is a stretch for Supa, he get the trip but I think 1 or 2 others will relish it more.

Comment

Working...
                                X