Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays daily mirror says that Gordy has confirmed Samcro is back in full training and will most likely be targeted at the Stayers hurdle. The quotes themselves arent printed. Anyone seen anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
      Todays daily mirror says that Gordy has confirmed Samcro is back in full training and will most likely be targeted at the Stayers hurdle. The quotes themselves arent printed. Anyone seen anything?
      Not a thing KSS.

I feel like I need to react in case he is, but realisticallyt I don't think anyone can fancy him on the back of his 'prep' and I have 'too much' on him any race to be "disappointed" if he did win, even at 14/1?

Comment

Todays daily mirror says that Gordy has confirmed Samcro is back in full training and will most likely be targeted at the Stayers hurdle. The quotes themselves arent printed. Anyone seen anything?
        BFSB would tell you before any article would. If it ever becomes the case.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Any word Bacardys heads here?

Comment

• Backed petit mouchoir e/w 33s nrnb..could anyone see him running into a place??

Comment

Personally wouldn't believe anything that comes out of the daily mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                or gordon elliott

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                  Which is why i asked has anyone seen the actual quotes

Comment

Which is why i asked has anyone seen the actual quotes
                    Gordon is quoted in the Racing Post as saying it is a possibility that Samcro could go for Stayers!

Comment

• The exact quote is "...but if we decide to send Samcro for the race (stayers), and that might happen, we could put it up to him (Paisley Park)...'

Comment

• Now Gigginstown have Apples Jade in the Champion he can move up from the 2m Division, makes sense

Comment

• Who’s your ante-post fancy for the Stayers’ Hurdle?

Gordon Elliott It’s not original but Paisley Park has been doing everything right and it’s hard to get away from him. But if we decide to send Samcro for the race, and that might happen, we could put it up to him.

Paul Nicholls In all honesty I cannot see past the favourite Paisley Park – to me he looks well clear of the British contingent anyway. A horse who will go off at a big price is Lil Rockerfeller – he will have gained plenty of confidence back over hurdles in the Cleeve Hurdle at the trials day meeting and could well prove a bit of value in a weakish looking division, barring Emma Lavelle’s horse.

James Bowen It had looked a weak division before Paisley Park came on the scene. It was a very good performance last time and he definitely looks the one to beat – but don’t forget Penhill if he gets to Cheltenham fit and healthy.

Matt Williams I was at Cheltenham when Paisley Park won the Cleeve Hurdle. He wasn’t in my thoughts for the Stayers’ before that win – he is now. I watched his owner [Andrew Gemmell] interviewed on Luck on Sunday recently, he is sports mad and I’m rooting for him.

Paul Kealy It was Black Op, but Paisley Park blew them away in the Cleeve and he has more in hand over the field than most favourites at the meeting. With the likes of Lil Rockerfeller and Sam Spinner in the field again the chances are it will be as strongly run as the Cleeve was and that obviously plays to his strengths.

Padraig Hassett Paisley Park looked an aeroplane in the Cleeve; they went a proper gallop in that race and he looks like he’d just joined in going to the second-last. He’s only seven and looks to be improving with every run – he’s bombproof.

Comment

• Originally posted by monkfish View Post
                            Who’s your ante-post fancy for the Stayers’ Hurdle?

Gordon Elliott It’s not original but Paisley Park has been doing everything right and it’s hard to get away from him. But if we decide to send Samcro for the race, and that might happen, we could put it up to him.

Paul Nicholls In all honesty I cannot see past the favourite Paisley Park – to me he looks well clear of the British contingent anyway. A horse who will go off at a big price is Lil Rockerfeller – he will have gained plenty of confidence back over hurdles in the Cleeve Hurdle at the trials day meeting and could well prove a bit of value in a weakish looking division, barring Emma Lavelle’s horse.

James Bowen It had looked a weak division before Paisley Park came on the scene. It was a very good performance last time and he definitely looks the one to beat – but don’t forget Penhill if he gets to Cheltenham fit and healthy.

Matt Williams I was at Cheltenham when Paisley Park won the Cleeve Hurdle. He wasn’t in my thoughts for the Stayers’ before that win – he is now. I watched his owner [Andrew Gemmell] interviewed on Luck on Sunday recently, he is sports mad and I’m rooting for him.

Paul Kealy It was Black Op, but Paisley Park blew them away in the Cleeve and he has more in hand over the field than most favourites at the meeting. With the likes of Lil Rockerfeller and Sam Spinner in the field again the chances are it will be as strongly run as the Cleeve was and that obviously plays to his strengths.

Padraig Hassett Paisley Park looked an aeroplane in the Cleeve; they went a proper gallop in that race and he looks like he’d just joined in going to the second-last. He’s only seven and looks to be improving with every run – he’s bombproof.
                            Thanks MF pretty comprehensive support

Comment

• Samcro bringing the any race bets back to life

If he wins this race I'll feel sick, having been an RSA backer!

Comment

• I'm going to put a cover bet Samcro NRNB on. He will be a lot shorter than 8s if he lines up, and I can only see that happening if he's in flying form.

Other than that, Bristol De Mai at 33/1 NRNB is overpriced. Unlikely runner but has a decent class edge

Comment

Working...
                                X