Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't really sure where to post this... we may have even had a separate thread in years gone by...

In the past, we have discussed certain Festival races that have produced an "above average" crop of horses and using that as an angle to find some over-priced types in the antepost market.

The obvious one is the 2016 Supreme - Altior, Min, Buveur D'air, Supasundae, Petit Mouch etc...
    It may be a little early to judge the form of all the 2018 races, but it is something that is worth monitoring as the season unfolds.

The 2018 Ballymore has the potential to be the "one" - Samcro, Black Op, Next Destination... but only time will tell.
    If that is the case, then the likes of Scarpeta, Duc De Genievres and Vision Des Flos could be "overlooked" a little in terms of price.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
      I wasn't really sure where to post this... we may have even had a separate thread in years gone by...

In the past, we have discussed certain Festival races that have produced an "above average" crop of horses and using that as an angle to find some over-priced types in the antepost market.

The obvious one is the 2016 Supreme - Altior, Min, Buveur D'air, Supasundae, Petit Mouch etc...
      It may be a little early to judge the form of all the 2018 races, but it is something that is worth monitoring as the season unfolds.

The 2018 Ballymore has the potential to be the "one" - Samcro, Black Op, Next Destination... but only time will tell.
      If that is the case, then the likes of Scarpeta, Duc De Genievres and Vision Des Flos could be "overlooked" a little in terms of price.

Thoughts?
      I'd agree.

I think the Supreme was not in the same league as the Ballymore. Horse specific, I had mentioned Vision Des Flos as one for chasing this coming season, he is one of my stronger AP 'any race' bets, as I think he was massively messed around last season with regards to trip etc...

To be perfectly honest, Samcro aside I hadn't given much thought to the others just yet, though do want Next Destination on side wherever he goes.

Comment

• Went on a Gigginstown spree, added Cracking Smart, Commander Of Fleet & Champagne Classic to my early portfolio, all in the 'Any Race' market.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Went on a Gigginstown spree, added Cracking Smart, Commander Of Fleet & Champagne Classic to my early portfolio, all in the 'Any Race' market.
          What price did you get on Cracking Smart?

I’m a fan of his as a stayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
            What price did you get on Cracking Smart?

I’m a fan of his as a stayer.
            17.52 boosted by Hills. I am really struggling to place all the Giggs horses, so my plan for them is the 'Any Race' market for now.

Comment

• Been chipping away at this 22/1 Hills price boost for Commander of Fleet in the Ballymore. I agree with others about how it's normally good to play the any race market but 13s versus 22s is just too tempting. I know I'm influenced by what happened with Samcro last season but can see them following a very similar plan. I also wouldn't be surprised at all if at some point in the next few weeks there won't be a similar (likely stable) gamble on CoF to the win the Ballymore. Samcro started that day at 16s and was best priced 10s by the end of it and I think 8s by the time of his first race. Quite possible I'd miss it while at work so 22s does make some appeal now.

Comments made by Jamie Codd in Jumpers to Follow:

'I sat on him up in Gordon's one day and he gave me a savage feel and he could just be top class. He's got the size and scope, and a great travelling speed so he could be very, very good. Being only 4 they could run him in another bumper, but he's won a point to point and is a future chaser, so Gigginstown might want to get him straight over hurdles. The Fame and Glory stock seem to be very nice and this lad looks like he could go all the way.

While part of me says surely lightning won't strike two years in a row it has for Mullins in the Supreme before so maybe it could be Gordon's turn in the Ballymore. Would be interested to know what others think?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                17.52 boosted by Hills. I am really struggling to place all the Giggs horses, so my plan for them is the 'Any Race' market for now.
                That’s a good price. Good enough for me anyway.

Would’ve wanted 12s. 16s plus the boost is a bonus.

Cheers COD - I’ll have a play at that price later today.

Comment

• Commander of Fleet 20/1
                  Penhill 7/1
                  Presenting Percy 6/1
                  Tiger Roll 5/1
                  Monalee 14/1

Canadian, bet totals 0.5pts
                  Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 4 September 2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Commander of Fleet 20/1
                    Penhill 7/1
                    Presenting Percy 6/1
                    Tiger Roll 5/1
                    Monalee 14/1

Canadian, bet totals 0.5pts
                    Hard to knock anything there.

Comment

• Despite being a huge Sea of Class fan (already got her backed at 12s for the Arc), I've had a somewhat nostalgic 'cover' on Enable and Altior at 15.5/1 (2 pts) - landed last year and was the only way I could get Altior in the book as he's an absolutely good thing but not worth backing yet

Comment

• Lah Ti Dar wins the arc

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Despite being a huge Sea of Class fan (already got her backed at 12s for the Arc), I've had a somewhat nostalgic 'cover' on Enable and Altior at 15.5/1 (2 pts) - landed last year and was the only way I could get Altior in the book as he's an absolutely good thing but not worth backing yet
                          Use Altior as a price push on everything else you back Kev by doubling them, for instance a Penhill 6/1 single becomes 15/1 if you can pair him up with the 6/4.
                          I've done this and the Altior/Might Bite double a few times....

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Lah Ti Dar wins the arc
                            Do me a favour!

Sea of Class 12/1 wins the Arc without even being hit.

If it isn't soft

Comment

• Most of my bets through the summer are any race, and have topped up on Kalashnikov & added Commander of Fleet today.

Any Race

12pts @ 8/1 Kalashnikov
                              6pts @ 12/1 Santini
                              10pts @ 13/1 Santini
                              10pts @ 13/1 Commander of Fleet
                              5pts @ 16/1 On The Blind Side
                              6pts @ 20/1 Champagne Classic
                              4pts @ 20/1 Vision Des Flos
                              3pts @ 25/1 Cadmium
                              3pts @ 25/1 Ok Corral

Sky & Multis

2pts @ 50/1 Samcro/Altior/Footpad/Laurina to win any race
                              2pts @ 150/1 Footpad/Laurina/Samcro any race & PP Gold Cup
                              1pt @ 150/1 Samcro/Footpad/PP/Penhill any race
                              2pts @ 66/1 Penhill/PP (Stayers/GC)

Comment

• A positive update on Waiting Patiently by Ruth Jefferson.

. . He’s back in training, injury healed very well but no plans as yet. Won’t run before November

Comment

Working...
                                X