Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have started backing Tiger Roll @ 4/1 with the Skybet for the Cross Country. I keep thinking of Tiger Roll as a 10/11 year old but he's only 8, and what a magnificent horse. I have little doubt in my mind that GE will campaign TR in an almost identical way to last year. Couple of chases in Ireland, a spin round Cheltenham in Dec/Jan (or just schooled as he has done before) and then primed and ready to go for the Cross Country before having another tilt at the National. Hopefully the National hasn't left its mark and nothing emerges as a danger to him in the market.

Also adding Blow By Blow to win any race @ 16/1 with Hills and @ 25/1 for the National Hunt Chase.

On the exchange for GC:

Disko @ 70's
    Road to Respect - 44's
    Sizing John - 21's

There is another thread about horses that missed Cheltenham that could be under the radar and I think Disko is a very good example of that

Comment

• I stuck two £5 free bets on Raya Time @ 33/1 for the supreme.

Recently won a National Hunt Flat Race at Killarney by 14l, backed from 33/1 overnight to 11/4. The horse has just been sold to Roger Brookhouse for £150,000 by Sam Curling. Interestingly, last year’s winner of this race, Summerville Boy, was backed from 50/1 overnight in to 7/2, and was bought by Roger from Curling for £130,000 9 days after that same race. Raya Time has been bred by Simon Munir.

Comment

• What’s the talking horse of Willies for the Supreme this year?

Comment

• The vibes around Annamix last year were very strong. He attracted 40% of all bets for the Supreme between 1st September and October 12th and in that time went from 33/1 to 10/1 without having set foot on a racecourse in Ireland. The injury was unfortunate, but this happens every year with the Mullins/ Ricci horses. The general strength of these two as a pairing and their historical dominance of this rice with Champagne Fever, Douvan and Vautour has left the general punter falling over themselves to back these talking horse of Willies.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
            I stuck two £5 free bets on Raya Time @ 33/1 for the supreme.

Recently won a National Hunt Flat Race at Killarney by 14l, backed from 33/1 overnight to 11/4. The horse has just been sold to Roger Brookhouse for £150,000 by Sam Curling. Interestingly, last year’s winner of this race, Summerville Boy, was backed from 50/1 overnight in to 7/2, and was bought by Roger from Curling for £130,000 9 days after that same race. Raya Time has been bred by Simon Munir.
            Nice angle charlie.

I'll watch that race back.

Comment

• Wasn't to be last season , But had a Fiver on Coney island in the Gold Cup @ 50-1 with will hills today.

Comment

• Had a good weekend betting with 4 winners so given me a bit of antepost funds, so I’ve finally got on two any race I’ve been eyeing up for a while; Hollowgraphic 14/1 & Blow By Blow 16/1, both 2pts. Both look like good value for me at this stage and I’ve learnt from last year that the any race market can be a bit better for coverage!

Comment

• Dipped my toe into the ante post swamp today for the first time since March. Apart from the Gold Cup (which i thought was a great race) the ballymore hurdle is the race I thought was a quality race.
                  Samcro proved what a very good horse he is , showing gears turning in for home putting race to bed rather quickly. Its the 2nd and 3rd Black Op & Next Destination what really caught my eye and both fully justified that great run with good victories at both Aintree and Punchestown next time out ,and Samcro was cruising when falling against Melon so the general form of Ballymore has a real solid look about it with view to ante post betting for 2019 Cheltenham.
                  I hope I am right and all three go chasing and take to it well unlike the poor Finians Oscar. Here is my thought process -

A)Samcro goes chasing and that the Arkle will be the target , speed he shows in his races along with the stamina marks him down as ultra smart.Plenty of Gold Cup winner go this route and this lad god willing will join them.

B) Black Op goes JLT , I liked the way he closed Samcro down up that Cheltenham hill ,albeit Samcro was eased. Had Samcro not been in field he would have looked a very good winner.His Aintree win at end of hard season was just desserts and two and a half mile his trip. As long as Samcro dont turn up in JLT Black Op will take some beating imo.

C)Next Destination has RSA written all over him. Way he finished at Cheltenham convinced me he was in wrong race and would have romped home in the potato race. 3M definitely his trip and cant see connections sticking to hurdle with Penhill and Faugheen earmarked for World Hurdle.Only if he didn't make it as a chaser that might change.

three win bets and doubles and treble ,here is hoping

Comment

• I agree with everything you have said Beast.

I've gone in hard with Samcro in the Arkle, that race suits him perfectly, the way he travells will suit the race and connections will watch Footpad last year and just say - we'll do that.

Black Op for JLT is also covered ante post, a big scopey, rangey sort who needs a fence, should be smart.

Next Destination does look a 3m chaser and the RSA looks ideal, however I do think Santini is the one here but coverage is needed and ND is next on the list (with Delta Work 3rd).

GOOD LUCK

Comment

• I think you may be right Pitlad ,The beast, about Black op & Next destination ,. just not sure about Samcro !!!???., got him in
                      a multiple for the R.s.a and in several multiples for the J.l.t , But not the Arkle .
                      Although G.E did say he could go back in trip , Early day's ......

Comment

• Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but just seen prices for People who fancy Kalashnikov in JLT

Skybet 14/1
                        Bet365 12/1
                        LADBROKES 25/1 (28/1 with Boost)

Comment

• Do we think Samcro is a definite for chasing, if he were mine id give him a further year over hurdles and try and win the champ hurdle, if they decided to go that route he would be fav?

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                            Do we think Samcro is a definite for chasing, if he were mine id give him a further year over hurdles and try and win the champ hurdle, if they decided to go that route he would be fav?
                            Yes I think he's definitely going chasing.

No I think BVD would still be fav as the dual winner. If he wasn't and they pushed him out I'd have an almighty bet on

Comment

• Archie i see Chateau Conti has been sold and is now with Joesph. Good offer and sold or did the club decide to get rid and reinvest? Dont answer if its a private matter obv. Was just flicking through the card for tomorrow and seen him jnt fav for a race at Galway but was surprised to see different connections. Seems like i missed news as this is his second run.

Comment

• No idea, KSS. Chateau Conti was owned by Eddie (Un De Sceaux) O'Connell and I'd guess that his hurdle rating made him difficult to place.

Comment

Working...
                                X